News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Corey38

Member Name: Corey38
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is it too late for Spongebob?
 Dec 10 2016, 11:24:54 PM

I'd say that Harry Potter wouldn't be as large of competition as Frozen would be. Frozen and Spongebob are both based on beloved a children movie/show (although IMO spongebob was great even for adults). I don't think many potter fans would be deciding between Spongebob and Potter, but I can imagine lots of families deciding between Frozen or Spongebob.

Been out of the loop-time for one more show next week
 Dec 10 2016, 11:03:52 PM

I'll second Oh, Hello. I haven't seen it yet (two more weeks!) but John Mulaney is absolutely hysterical and it's been getting fantastic reviews! Plus it's a limited run (Jan 22) there's no chance of catching it in the spring.

Oh Hello guest
 Dec 10 2016, 05:41:29 PM

Anyone know if Lisa the raccoon tweets hints about every guest? I'm also seeing it on the 28th and it would be fun to guess

Recommendations for final trip show?
 Dec 9 2016, 03:18:25 PM

Oh, Hello might not necessarily be "better" than DEH or Comet, but it's a hilarious comedy, which might be a nice change from so many serious shows. 

Bronx, Transit or Waitress
 Dec 8 2016, 05:23:59 PM

Jumping on the Waitress wagon as well - it's fantastic!

Showtunes about strength?
 Dec 8 2016, 08:36:12 AM

Hi all!! I have to do a project on Beowulf and I need some music about strength, courage, and things like that to accompany it. Anyone know any goods songs in this area?? Thanks!

NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
 Dec 5 2016, 12:49:29 PM

I've checked a few theaters and they all say no showtimes available yet

Best stage door story
 Nov 27 2016, 09:38:42 PM

Anyone want to share the best interaction/time they had a stage door? I love hearing about them instead of the ones where the actors were rude or the patrons were mean. :)

Is
 May 16 2016, 09:17:29 AM

Also we were considering seeing another show when we were in New York since we're not really paying to see Hamilton. Which shows do you recommend? Like I said, we were looking at Aladdin, Matilda or School of Rock but other suggestions are okay. Both my kids are boys if that helps.

I'd say try to do Matilda. It's absolutely amazing, both young children and adults enjoy the show and the music is just amazing.

She Loves Me vs The Color Purple - Who will take the Tony?
 May 11 2016, 10:17:08 AM

What about Spring Awakening?

Matilda Changes/Differences
 May 10 2016, 11:39:40 PM

This sounds more like a self-selected topic to me.  I can't imagine any teacher assigning this if  you hadn't seen the show. Of course the wishy washiness of what class it's for is suspicious, too.

Why does it even matter? They just want to know the differences, it's not really important what class it's for or even if it's for a class at all. They just want to know.

Matilda Changes/Differences
 May 10 2016, 07:37:21 PM

Well Matilda's powers come in much later in the show than in the book, I saw the show and got so far in that I thought they weren't going to include them at all. Also, the ending is slightly different. The Russian mob comes after Matilda's dad and that is why they have to move, and while she's saying that she wants to stay, the mob comes in and tries to take her father, but she gives a very big speech on why he's not a bad guy (or something of that sort) and he lets them g

re: First Stage Door Experience
 May 8 2016, 11:24:21 PM

My first was Fun Home, and I remember it being the absolute best stagedoor expirience i've had. not many people were there, maybe 20, mostly teen girls around my age. All the kids came out and were adorable, and Emily Skeggs came out and was absolutely amazing, took time to say hello to everyone. Beth never came, but everyone else did!

My second was the next day after seeing Hamilton, which was a much different story. College boys had taken up all the room, and didn't even care

Something Rotten RUSH
 May 8 2016, 01:13:47 AM

How much were the tickets?

Best shows to rush?
 May 7 2016, 10:26:10 PM

I'm going to NYC this summer and have a sunday matinee free. Which shows have the most rush tix, least amount of waiting, etc? I know it's hard to tell exactly but just in personal expiriences?

Good theater district hangout?
 May 6 2016, 02:44:22 PM

Schmackary's is a fun bakery that many of the actors on broadway go to themselves, I've never been so I'm not sure where it's located exactly but if the actors hang out there it can't be far.

Theatre Do and Don'ts Petition!
 May 6 2016, 01:37:27 PM

Rude people usually know that they're being rude. Everyone knows not to talk during a live show, and not to whip your phone out in the middle of it. It's not a matter of letting people know the rules, it's a matter of getting them to obey.

Help me decide
 May 6 2016, 09:02:19 AM

If they have a good sense of humor, I recommend the Book of Mormon. It's a 2 hour show of straight laughing, especially if they've never heard it before.

Critique my husband's list of shows he's interested in seeing!
 May 6 2016, 08:59:12 AM

I'm going to recommend Fun Home as well. It was pretty emotional, but I absolutely loved it! Also Something Rotten, it was all happy and totally hilarious, and it's pretty rare for a musical not to have even one sad moment, but this one doesn't. Another favorite of mine is the Book of Mormon, it's the funniest show I've seen, and isn't very sad at all. Also be warned: Tuck Everlasting might not be open when you guys go. People are predicting that it might be closing be

If you'd like to drive yourself crazy try winning
 May 5 2016, 10:44:30 AM

I have never had any luck with rush or lotteries on TodayTix.

Neither have I.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You