News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mulligan3

Member Name: mulligan3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 11 2022, 01:44:13 PM

my guess, as soon as it was confirmed - Beanie put in the two weeks ASAP to avoid having to even be in the building with LM.   

I also agree it's telling as to why Jane Lynch didn't stay a bit.  No doubt that producers must have tried, bc there is so much marketing that could have been done around a Glee Reunion.  So she must have absolutely not wanted to be there either.

Adam Pascal in Pretty Woman  Jan 18 2019, 02:48:08 PM

Adam's voice did work extremely well with the style of the score, and I thought he carried the show well. Hoping this is a preview of him either touring it or taking on the role in the future.

I am hoping too, but can't help to wonder if he'd be willing to leave home again for another year after just coming home from his Something Rotten tour in the last year.   I have no clue if my assumption is right - but I'd  think with his family still in C

Adam Pascal in Pretty Woman  Jan 17 2019, 10:28:18 PM

I caught him in the show tonight and was pretty excited about it.    He's great.  Very charismatic and very much having fun on stage.    And oh man, that voice still gives me chills.  He absolutely still has it. 

Haven't seen Andy Karl though admittedly, so can't compare the two at all. I would love to hear someone else's take that has seen both.  But Adam Pascal def lived up to the heat.

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews  May 2 2018, 03:14:02 PM

I agree with you on all this ! I saw it last night, and really enjoyed it. I'll be honest, I was always so-so about the content of the show - but the actors and the direction delivered and really were able to show the subtle differences in each others journeys. 

I loved the set, how the characters were still there - but not. It very cleverly done and I'd guess there isn't a bad seat i the house since most of the action is central. (though if someone

Taylor Trensch as Evan Tonight?!  Feb 6 2018, 11:19:05 AM

hahaha, well played. 

And No, I didn't see Noah.       And I wasn't comparing Taylor to Ben, they are different - they play it different.  My issue was simple - at the key point in the show where you have to go along with how Evan reconciles the lies,  i want to feel the "break" so to speak.  With Taylor, it felt the same as most of his other spotlight songs.       So I felt it was flat.  That's it.&

Taylor Trensch as Evan Tonight?!  Feb 5 2018, 01:07:55 PM

I got row B - at half the cost of face value, by buying two hours before show time.  Seeing Taylor. 

He was good, different but great. He is not at all trying to do Platt, which is nice.  My only compliant was that his Words Fail fell a bit flat for me... but seeing that it was only his second show I don't doubt he will only get better. 

Ben Platt To Star In New Ryan Murphy Netflix Series  Feb 5 2018, 01:04:14 PM

I'd guess this removes the hope anyone has of him being Mark in RENT LIVE. 

Noan Galvin Steps into the Sun  Nov 22 2017, 09:34:57 AM

haha thats what I was thinking.   I came here just because I wanted to see how he did in his first performance. I love the show, and I wish them nothing but luck.   

Anyone else have any reviews?

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions  Nov 21 2017, 11:20:45 AM

Me too please !  And I was there !   

The show was pretty special .I won't repeat why because it's been said here and twitter, but it really really was special. 

DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!  Nov 19 2017, 09:20:36 PM

Will Roland broke Ben Platt.    He made Ben laugh enough that Ben forgot his line.  So there was a pause, a laugh, and Will threw in his line for him.    But it was also more amped than usual today - the guys had a really, really good time doing it. 

Delta Airlines pulls sponsorship from Public Theater because of Trump-inspired Julius Caesar  Jun 12 2017, 10:11:56 AM

the great thing about nonsense like these businesses are doing, is the public's response. Just look at how everyone's become involved and now all the states are committing to the Paris accord.   In this case, I expect that this is only giving the show more publicity than it had, AND it'll incent a lot of Trump-hating NYers to donate to the Public AND see the show.  So hopefully our collective response does more than Delta or BOAs pulling out of their sponsorships. <

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?  May 3 2017, 11:04:37 PM

lets answer the question of the thread - How is Ben Platt's attendance?  Almost 200%

he may have missed his second show in over 200 of them.  The guy is gold.

Best Performance of 2016-17  May 1 2017, 09:20:12 PM

Hate to be cliche, but Ben Platt by far for me this season.  

Nicole Scherzinger set to be Elphaba in Wicked movie?  Apr 25 2017, 12:33:56 PM

Hasn't she been blackballed by ALW for bailing from Cats ?   I mean, there are people in some industries you can piss off, and some you can't.  And in the musical world -I'd guess ALW is one you don't piss off. 

That said, this is being produced by Marc Platt so maybe he doesn't care so much. 

Ben Platt should be a lock for a roll though. I can definitely see that. 

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?  Apr 14 2017, 11:38:22 PM

gotta believe you are hearing or making up the wrong things. 

This guy has given every ounce of his body and soul to DEH, and logic dictates that he'll take a well deserved mental break after this. I could be wrong, but I'm willing to bet that his next move isn't another new show ASAP.

Ticket Lottery winners?  Apr 13 2017, 10:22:42 AM

They must be giving out a lot - because I won the matinee yesterday and someone I know from work won the evening show.  And from this thread, it seems like everyone has won them :)

Best Leading Actor in a Musical 2017  Apr 13 2017, 10:06:31 AM

Curious to all, as it seems that most of us agree that Platt will get it.  But do you all think he deserves it ?    I know I do. 

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance  Apr 9 2017, 07:18:23 PM

So far everyone on twitter is saying the Colton slayed ! Can't wait to get more in depth details though....

Hudson balcony?  Mar 23 2017, 01:33:50 PM

I agree with this.  I was in the Balcony and it was fine, but I felt a bit high up and removed.  

Who will replace Ben Platt  Mar 23 2017, 01:30:33 PM

My guess is that he's gone in beginning of November.    

What about his current understudy Colton Ryan ?    My guess is that at some point, he's going to start going on somewhat regularly to help the show make a transition to a non-Ben Platt version.    The show is bordering on dangerously dependent on one actor. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You