News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for annang

Member Name: annang
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PATRIOTS Previews  Apr 18 2024, 11:30:32 AM

Is their opening "night" actually the Monday matinee?

2024-2025 Touring Season  Apr 18 2024, 11:25:28 AM

inception said: "I'm very curious about when Kennedy Center anounces. I had wondered if they might get Some Like It Hot in November when I will be in Washington, but now it looks like it is playing Cleveland through that whole period."

The Kennedy Center is almost always the last big venue to announce. Really for no good reason.

2024-2025 Touring Season  Mar 15 2024, 12:46:02 PM

Kennedy Center is usually among the very last to announce. Last year, they announced on May 5. But the National Theatre announced a week or so ago: https://www.broadwayatthenational.com/season-tickets/

New Hadestown Casting  Jan 9 2024, 01:31:42 PM

So, no overlap between Solea Pfeiffer and Ani DiFranco? Do we know when Lillias White is scheduled to leave?

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 9 2024, 01:12:19 PM

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Well in the realm of the common law, classic cases (which Krell v. Henry is) do matter as they laid down the foundation of the substantial body of law that the U.S. legal system has adopted."

You're not a lawyer, are you?

What's Going On?  Jan 9 2024, 12:59:24 PM

Gesualdo said: "I thought that the reputation of Barry Manilow by itself would have propelled the musical Harmony into instant success similar to what they do when casting a Hollywood movie with recognized star actors."

Part of the problem is that the people who want to see a Barry Manilow show are disappointed to learn it's not a jukebox musical of songs they already know. When I saw it, the couple sitting behind me apparently didn't know that when they boug

Peter Marks leaving Washington Post  Dec 19 2023, 12:44:19 AM

Isn’t he the one who never bothered to move to DC, and has lived in NY the whole time he was the Post’s theater critic? The Post should have a full time theater critic, but it should be someone who actually lives here. 

Jennifer Lopez to Star in KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN Film  Dec 12 2023, 09:02:52 PM

Sara Ramirez for Molina.

Cross Sex Casting  Dec 12 2023, 08:23:09 PM

Kitsune said: "Didn't Waitress have a stunt cast for the role of Joe that was a woman? I remember hearing they changed the lines about losing the baby when Joe is reminiscing.

June Squibb played the role, but it was renamed "Josie," and the character was explicitly a woman.

Danny and the Deep Blue Sea 12/30 2 tix available best offer  Dec 12 2023, 07:57:20 PM

Matinee or evening?

re: Rarest/most valuable playbills  Dec 12 2023, 07:37:48 PM

Broadway Bob* said: the 2021 COMPANY revival had 8 different covers

I can only think of 7: the purple one with Lenk on the cover, Opening Night, the 4 Sondheim covers from May 2022, and the 2022 Pridebill. What am I forgetting?

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Nov 29 2023, 02:38:15 PM

So, I was able to snag a premium seat for 12/10 (non-wheelchair, just a regular seat). But it would be much, much easier to go this weekend when I'm already in the city rather than making a special trip to go next weekend. I don't suppose there's anyone who would want to swap a ticket for any performance this Saturday or Sunday in exchange for my 12/10 evening ticket? 

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Nov 29 2023, 10:13:18 AM

Looks like it’s all wheelchair seating, and I’m betting someone who is not a wheelchair user is going to try to buy them anyway and be in for a rude awakening when they arrive and there’s no seat there, just an empty space.

Buena Vista Social Club at Atlantic Theater Company  Nov 20 2023, 07:55:44 PM

What's the running time for this, approximately? Thanks!

DC Theater - Swept Away  Nov 13 2023, 04:19:26 PM

Arena Stage also has in person rush, starting 90 minutes before curtain, for half price, 2 per customer.

Looking for Playbills for sale  May 15 2023, 10:01:23 PM

The Broadway Makers Marketplace store sometimes has some, and Triton Gallery had a rack in their old store but I'm not sure if they still do. But there isn't a Broadway thrift store or anything.

Walking Out at Intermission - The Thread  May 15 2023, 09:54:22 PM

I really try to value my time more than the sunk cost of money for tickets I've already paid for, so I end up walking out a lot. Off the top of my head, recently, I've walked out of The Play That Goes Wrong and Shout Sister Shout (the Sister Rosetta Tharpe jukebox musical).

Phantom set/prop sale?  Apr 7 2023, 10:40:42 AM

The BCEFA Grand Auction is online. And the problem is that even something like chandelier beads is going to be in huge demand. The chandelier beads from Great Comet--a much less popular show with way more beads--sold out in like 10 minutes at the flea market the year they were available. It's just supply and demand.

Park in the Theatre District  Apr 7 2023, 01:03:37 AM

Yes, besides the most visited park in the world and two other major green spaces within walking distance, there is little grass in one of the most densely built urban neighborhoods in the world. But based on the initial focus on a place for Broadway ticketholders to sit down, and then subsequent comments, I really don't think that's what OP was talking about.

Phantom set/prop sale?  Apr 7 2023, 12:50:47 AM

Seems likely that whatever isn't gifted to friends of the show will end up at auction for BCEFA in October. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You