News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rjmcbean

rjmcbean Profile Photo
Member Name: rjmcbean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Priscilla, Queen of the Desert: the stage musical
 Jun 21 2006, 03:44:24 AM
My favorite line is "Just what we need. . . A Cock, in a Frock, on a Rock". Still makes me laugh. I was hoping one of my drag queen friends would go hiking with us one day just so I could us it. haha
re: The Single Most Awesome Set Piece
 Jun 21 2006, 03:38:00 AM
As a Prop Girl, I tend to lean more towards the cool props that are used but as far as set pieces... I would have to go with
-Phantom of the Opera - the gargoile where no one expects him to appear! (Hope I didn't spoil it for the 3 people who have yet to see the show).

I like when things like that happen though. Not like in Cats when they are right in your face, but when they are close enough but still far enough away that you are not ready to swing at the actors.

Les Miz Logo
 Jun 21 2006, 03:32:06 AM
I won a contest for Theatre Tickets b/c I was able to point out the Helicopter AND the face on the Miss Saigon Logo. They just said "Name what this is picture is about" and I said it right away. No one else was able to figure it out! I felt so smart that day...! :o)~
re: Riedel article on Martin Short 'Blame Canada'
 Jun 21 2006, 03:21:24 AM
Marty Short is Canadian too, isn't he?? It's a shame it didn't go over there... However, I have NO fear that it will translate better here and he will once again be a HUGE success on Broadway!

I will be there to support him either way!

re: If you could play ONE role on Broadway........
 Jun 21 2006, 03:17:19 AM

Smitty - How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying!

re: F@*king Men a reading 6/19
 Jun 21 2006, 03:04:04 AM
I too wanted to go but I had a work conflict! Sooo Sorry I missed it !!! Can you try to repost your pictures? They are not showing up and I would love to see them!

Cheers~

re: Worst show to hit Broadway.....
 Jun 21 2006, 02:55:45 AM
That's a pretty funny story.. I hate the feeling of being caught trying to sneak out when the lights go up!!

I don't really know the WORST play b/c I tend to like things that no one else really enjoys. (ie: Footloose.. I had a great time at Footloose!!)

I am not a big fan of Cats. I think I liked SOME of the show the first time I went but I saw it a few different times with school trips, etc and it was just too much. I do like the original book by TS Elliot though.

re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
 Sep 23 2005, 01:01:01 AM
I Love You, You're Perfect, Now change.

Stomp~

I would LOVE to see the one that Taye Diggs is opening in now.

re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
 Sep 23 2005, 12:58:30 AM
I don't really know how I feel about Brooke in this role... I saw the show 3 times on bway and for some reason, I just don't see it. (then again, i didn't think i would like page davis either and she was great).

As for Christopher MacDonald as Billy... would LOVE to see him!!

re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
 Sep 23 2005, 12:55:16 AM
I hope you are at least at a high elevation. Isn't most the buildings glass there?

Be safe and stay away from windows!

re: Broadway on Broadway reviews!
 Sep 20 2005, 03:17:47 AM
I was suprised to see that Chicago wasn't there. Spamalot was not represented in any way and they made no mention this year of the "straight plays"... they have made it a "Musical Theatre Event".

I was hoping with all the hype of dedicating the even to Hurricane Katrina victims, that NBC would broadcast it on it's affiliates also. I always the thought of something like this is to get tourism to NYC. . . what good it is if only the people IN NYC and the immediate tri-state area see it?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You