Brooke Shields Chicago Video

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#1re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 3:37pm

I've seen Brooke as Roxie and she's superb.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 3:40pm

Ahh. That was exciting, she looks STUNNING in the role.

And how nice of her to talk about Reinking and keeping the Fosse legacy. She is taking this serious.

And a BIG HELL YEAH! For a clip of one of my Chicago favorites, MY OWN BEST FRIEND.

TheBoyfromChi Profile Photo
TheBoyfromChi
#3re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 3:41pm

I loved that she mentioned upholding Fosse's style and I think she looks amazing in the role.

"I hope you're all happy, keeping Alan off the team. Couldn't you, for once, open your minds and hearts and hear something that he couldn't see? I, for one, am glad that Alan is blind, so he can't see what, I am so sad to say, you can't hear." -Jerri Blank

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#4re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 3:45pm

I can't wait to see her!!!!

Pinaud Profile Photo
Pinaud
#5re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 3:49pm

Am I just strange or did she remind anyone of Cindy Williams(a la Shirley from Laverne & Shirley) during "Roxie"?

Updated On: 9/22/05 at 03:49 PM

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#6re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 3:59pm

re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video

I totally see it Pinaud!!!

I know people are gonna throw things at me but I'm still not sold on Brooke and Luba.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#7re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 4:13pm

I think it's interesting that Roxie has brown hair and Velma has blonde hair. It's usually the other way around.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#8re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 4:14pm

Haha did anyone notice that Velma and Roxie didn't do their hands on the same beat at the end of "My Own Best Friend"?

Cindy Williams comparison is kinda scary...I saw her in the national tour of Grease once!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#9re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 4:18pm

Well there have been a few Blonde Velmas before. Ute Lemper being the most famous of the blonde Velma. And brunette & redheaded Roxies pop up a lot on Broadway.

And Brooke is doing all of Ann's original choreography. But I believe she is performing Ann's level 1 optinal ME AND MY BABY, which usually the stars perform. Roxies choreo hasn't had massive cuts, like it did with Melanie Griffith.

Now Luba - there are changes for her in I CAN'T DO IT ALONE. No cartwheels from Luba, Brooke did the HHR cartwheel in London, but since Luba can't do it - it's been cut.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 4:28pm

wow. I'm thoroughly impressed. before anyone asks try not to expect a new chicago CD, but then, who knows really...

also is anyone else in LOVE with the London revival CD??? Ruthie Henshall is a god, and I love all the extra dialogue that was recorded... especially the act one finale... mmm...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#11re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 4:37pm

Ahh yes. the OLC is amazing. The Act 1 Finale is heaven.

Ute totally nails that.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#12re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 4:42pm

She looks good, but it does look like she doesn't quite know what to do with her hands at certain points, like someone else mentioned before.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#13re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 6:59pm

That's it I'm flying to NYC tomorrow to see Brooke, she looks so freaking fabolous!!!! And her interview is so great, I mean, she understands the seriousness of the role and she gets what Kander & Ebb and Fosse were trying to do with Chicago. I love this woman, there's no doubt she is indeed a Broadway actress!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#14re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 7:28pm

I saw Brooke and Luba last friday and thought they did a wonderful job. Brooke is such a fabulous person, she's so great to everyone who waits for her outside the theatre. I do have to say that the "I Can't Do It Alone" choregraphy was a little sparse, but I think Luba still did a great job, she's quite a pistol onstage. Brooke did a great job, that was the first time I have had the pleasure of seeing her onstage, and I look forward to the next. She really just seems to love what she's doing, and you can tell that she wants to give it her all! I thought that the ensemble was fabulous despite a rather dead audience. They have a great sense of energy that I truely enjoyed throughout the evening! What a fabulous show.....AND ALL THAT JAZZ!

See Ya!

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

movieinmymind Profile Photo
movieinmymind
#15re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 7:29pm

she looks AMAZING. i REALLY wanna see her in this role now. THANKS FOR THE VID LINK!

My name is Jamie. NYU class of 2011!!!

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#16re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 7:40pm

I just watched the video, lol, after I posted I know....But I saw them on Friday, hehe....I just had to say that in "My Own Best Friend", and really throughout the night, I just thought Luba was phenominal.

Tootles!

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

Joshua488
#17re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/22/05 at 10:38pm

I definitely need to make a return trip to see Brooke. I liked Luba, but I could tell that the choreography had been simplified, even though I had never seen the show before.

This is very trivial, but I don't like Luba with that long blonde ponytail. I very much preferred her in the blonde bun. But that stuff doesn't even matter anyway.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#18re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:19am

OK,this is a very stupid insignificant question but I wonder: why does Brooke wear a wig in Chicago with such beautiful hair that she has? From the pictures I've seen Ann Reinking and Ruthie Henshall both plaed the role with their actual long hairs, and well Charlotte's hair is naturally short-does she wear a wig for the show?-anyways, just felt like asking a stupid question.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#19re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:33am

Ann and Ruthie both wore their hair up though, which given Brooke's height and severe features would have made her look less feminine. Wig was a smart move. She looks hot.

rjmcbean Profile Photo
rjmcbean
#20re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:58am

I don't really know how I feel about Brooke in this role... I saw the show 3 times on bway and for some reason, I just don't see it. (then again, i didn't think i would like page davis either and she was great).

As for Christopher MacDonald as Billy... would LOVE to see him!!

RentBoy86
#21re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/23/05 at 1:12am

Yeah she looks hot in this role.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#22re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/23/05 at 1:26am

I love Chris McDonald.

Grease 2 4eva. re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

AngusN
#23re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:42pm

Ute, didn't nail it live, she was truly awful. Her voice was erratic and inconsistent.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#24re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:48pm

Phantom, I wish you had seen Brooke in "Wonderful Town".

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-