pixeltracker

If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...

If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...

GirlfriendFromCanada
#0If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 7:48pm

... playing right now, that you haven't seen yet, which would it be and why? And what's your current favorite?

I'm trying to branch out more into Off-Broadway. I've seen most of the mainstays, and a few of the new currents (Altar Boyz, Musical of Musicals, Once Around the Sun), but not much else.

YankeesFan175
#1re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 7:52pm

well the one i HAVE seen thats currently playing and i loved is forbidden broadway SVU. i would however like to see i love you, youre perfect, now change. and if i can pick an off broadway show that closed, i'd choose bare.

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#2re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 7:55pm

The only off-Broadway shows that I've seen currently playing are ALTAR BOYZ and FORBIDDEN BROADWAY. I despised ALTAR BOYZ, but I adored FORBIDDEN BROADWAY.

I have heard from many friends that ONCE AROUND THE SUN is abominable, though.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

JACXR71 Profile Photo
JACXR71
#3re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 8:01pm

Current favorite is Trailer Park (though I don't know how happy I'd be if I saw it nowadays...last time I saw it there was still an intermission and Kaitlin Hopkins still sang 'Immobile').

If I had to pick another one to see, it'd probably be Slut, just because my friend who saw it at Fringe loved it and the new run has gotten great reviews so far. Unfortunately, that won't be any time soon. Why didn't I just drop out of school and stay in NYC?

Hey hey, I'm a stand-by now! Slowly but surely moving up the BWW ladder... re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Updated On: 9/22/05 at 08:01 PM

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#4re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 8:02pm

Altar Boyz!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 8:03pm

NAKED BOYS SINGING!!!

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#6re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 10:07pm

The one I would like to see is Slut. Andy Karl, Jenn Colella, Jim Stanek, and David Josefsberg in one show? Amazing.

The one I love that I have seen is Altar Boyz. Hilarious, love, love, love, love it.

Broadway_Baby Profile Photo
Broadway_Baby
#7re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 10:38pm

Slut...for sure.

Honey, I don't produce theater. I am theater.

gavrochegirl
#8re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 10:42pm

Forbidden Broadway because everyone has been saying it's funny...and it sounds funny.

Blue Man Group is my favorite.

What the puck?!

BSoBW2
#9re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 10:43pm

Trailer Park.

Chrysanthemum62001
#10re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 11:55pm

Haven't seen Trailer Park yet, but I did see Forbidden Broadway SVU last week. I think Forbidden Broadway will always be my favorite off-Broadway show.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#11re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/22/05 at 11:58pm

The one I want to see most is Trailer Park. Favorite... I haven't seen that many, but...

<--- !

A work of art is an invitation to love.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#12re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:21am

i would say altar boyz or once around the sun. I have no interest in seeing trailer park.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#13re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:39am

Want to see? Slut and Trailer Park.

Have seen and love? Altar Boyz. re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...

rjmcbean Profile Photo
rjmcbean
#14re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 1:01am

I Love You, You're Perfect, Now change.

Stomp~

I would LOVE to see the one that Taye Diggs is opening in now.

RentBoy86
#15re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 1:29am

Haven't seen either, but I'd like to see SLUT and Once Around the Sun and Trailerpark...

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#16re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 8:37am

I want to see Slut.
I have seen Altar Boyz and I loved it.
Forbidden Broadway is my favorite show of all time.

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#17re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 8:43am

love FB, but I am looking forward to seeing Trailerpark.

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Lizziemonster Profile Photo
Lizziemonster
#18re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 8:46am

Slightly off topic(sorry for hijaking, feel fre to ignore me, i wont be offended) butI have been following this thread for ideas on what to see on my trip, can I buy tickets for some of these on the day liek we can in the UK or do I need to book in advance?

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#19re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 8:51am

For FB you can just go to the box office

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Lizziemonster Profile Photo
Lizziemonster
#20re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 8:53am

thanks loads, i shall keep quiet and continue to follw the thread now :)

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#21re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:35pm

I also saw Trailer Park. It is a very cute show!
Off Broadway is packed with gems.
re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...

MissNY
#22re: If you had to pick one Off-Broadway show...
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:41pm

Favorite off-broadway currently running is probably ALTAR BOYZ. Most looking forward to SLUT as its one of the only ones I haven't seen yet. I'm also excited to see TRAILER PARK again after it opens because I saw it at the begining of previews.

Videos