News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for flyinghighwithwicked

Member Name: flyinghighwithwicked
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 May 15 2019, 06:26:09 PM

I was there last night - she's really good.  Very expressive facially.  She's tiny, and looks SO young.  She needs to find a little more confidence vocally, but that will obviously come with a little time under her belt.  Her vibrato is very rapid naturally, something I really like, but at times it was kind of uneven (I assume due to nerves) and I worried she would lose control if that makes sense.  No Good Deed was easily her best number.  I am looking f

Amanda Jane Cooper in WICKED
 Dec 18 2018, 03:36:59 PM

Gonna add my two cents in here - absolutely love this show and have been fortunate enough to see some really phenomenal people play Glinda as I have been seeing it with decent regularity since 2005.  From a completely objective standpoint, is Amanda the greatest singer to play Glinda? No.  But, at least to me, she has a strong integrity as an actress.  Her faces, her very real tears, and watching her mature throughout the show was actually kind of beautiful to watch.  Her

Eliminate a show for me.
 Apr 10 2018, 03:54:02 PM

Carousel.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Mar 20 2018, 05:04:07 PM

CT2NYC said: "flyinghighwithwicked said: "Hi everyone, I am sorry if this has already been asked, but how is the view from the back of the dress circle? Does the balcony cut off the top of the stage or is it high enough that this isn't an issue? I'm Dress Circle row L center. Thanks! :)"

Someone posted this pic on Instagram, from dress circle row M:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgZyj-XFG3l/?taken-at=369679179
"

Thank you so much! :)  That looks great!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Mar 20 2018, 03:41:20 PM

Hi everyone, I am sorry if this has already been asked, but how is the view from the back of the dress circle?  Does the balcony cut off the top of the stage or is it high enough that this isn't an issue?  I'm Dress Circle row L center.  Thanks! :)

Bad Theater Behavior
 Jul 21 2016, 01:15:43 PM

I've been in the city this summer and have been able to see a great deal of shows.  I have been abhorred by the way people have acted.  I don't think there has been a single performance that I have seen where someone hasn't done something that took my attention from the performance.  I think the most irritating thing is latecomers, but honorable mentions go to talkers, those who sing along (always conveniently seated directly behind me), those who seem to think the

Rachael Eskanazi-Gold as Christine
 Jul 21 2016, 01:10:23 PM

Yes, I saw her a few weeks ago.  She did a very nice job.  Her voice is pretty, even if it lacks some strength and she was a nice actress.  Not my favorite, but not my least favorite.  One of the cast members described her performance as 'cute' and 'good' but told me to come back to see Ali in the role.  

Rachel Tucker Elphaba shots
 Feb 5 2016, 03:23:14 PM

Wonder why theirs were never released.  Both tours, London, LA, San Fran and so on always had pictures taken and released very quickly after a new cast came in, Broadway always takes forever.

Rachel Tucker Elphaba shots
 Feb 5 2016, 02:33:50 PM

Rachel Tucker has a new Elphaba picture outside of the Gershwin and I was wondering if anyone knows if a HQ version has been released online yet!  Thanks :)

Lindsay Mendez leaving Wicked ?
 Jan 1 2014, 10:09:37 PM
Jackie Burns had the longest Elphaba conttract on Broadway, from September 2011-February 2013. Idina is the second longest, then Shoshana. I have also heard rumors about Danna Paola and think that would be fantastic.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/29/13
 Dec 30 2013, 03:25:35 PM
Holy Shiz Wicked. $3,201,333? That's gotta be some sort of record. Definitely the highest number Wicked's ever seen!
WICKED 10th Anniversary Playbill for less?
 Nov 1 2013, 12:43:16 AM
gleek4114 the new poster isn't available online till the beginning of 2014 according to someone who works with merch.

If anyone was able to get an extra signed BC/EFA poster they're willing to sell for a decent price or knows of a way to get one via the theatre without being there (they were sold out when my friend tried) please message me if you can!

Pippin or Once?
 Aug 27 2013, 05:22:03 PM
Pippin all the way!
Upbeat Pre-1960 Song
 Aug 27 2013, 12:50:00 PM
Thanks y'all. AEA, I would never do something obscure for the sake of doing so, but I don't want to go in there and be just another person doing *insert overdone song title here*. I have 3 minutes to show off, and I would like to stand out, which is why I am attempting to avoid things on that list.
Upbeat Pre-1960 Song
 Aug 26 2013, 04:44:19 PM
Hi,
I posted about "overdone" audition material a while back, but I'm auditioning for a few Musical Theatre Programs this fall/next spring and this time I am specifically wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good upbeat Musical Theatre song that was written before 1960 that has really strong lyrics that dive into some sort of strong relatable emotion. I am totally lost on this one. Most of the songs I have found either do not fit my type, are on every overdone list, or both. <

Stephen Schwartz and Winnie Holzman on the Writing of WICKED
 Aug 24 2013, 11:44:06 PM
Loved seeing this, thanks!
Cinderella Replacements
 Aug 19 2013, 06:44:44 PM
I'm not trying to be that *name random Glinda who has a pretty soprano as Cinderella* type, I think Katie Rose Clarke or Alli Mauzey would be great in this role, especially Alli.
Confirmed: Tovah Feldshuh to Sub for Andrea Martin in PIPPIN
 Aug 11 2013, 09:00:52 PM
Tovah was actually quite good. Saw her last night, she has a very pretty voice, it's not exceptionally strong or anything, but it served "No Time At All" very well, and she was hysterical. Though I have not seen Andrea Martin play the role and don't know if anything was changed, the stunt was very well done and the audience loved it. Billy Tighe was also on as Lewis and he was great. Excellent voice and great dancer/mover.
Andrea Martin out all of August
 Aug 2 2013, 08:11:17 AM
I also do not see anything on Telecharge about this.
Stunt Cast the lead roles in Wicked for one night
 Jul 30 2013, 08:48:09 AM
I actually don't hate the idea of Logan Lerman as Boq!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You