News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LayerBoy4

Member Name: LayerBoy4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

"Broadway Loves the Spice Girls" concert!
 Oct 17 2013, 11:14:23 AM
Hey gang!

For any Pop Music fans out there, check this out - "Broadway Love the Spice Girls" at the Canal Room, Sunday, November 10th, at 9:30PM starring over 30 Broadway performers, including Corey Cott, Kara Lindsay, Jason Gotay, Meghann Fahy, and many more! There are going to be dozens of group numbers, dancing, a brass section, and more surprises. It's going to be a riot, and I hope to see you there!

Here's what the press release that just went up on BWW says:

"After the wildly successful "Broadway Loves Britney" and "Broadway Sings The 90's" concerts, 'The TRL Generation' returns to the Canal Room on Sunday, November 10th with "Broadway Loves the Spice Girls," a 'Girl Power'-filled song and dance extravaganza paying tribute to the Fab Five. The 9:30PM concert is musically directed by Benjamin Rauhala, directed by Kyle Fox, and produced by Shoshana Feinstein.

The star-studded cast includes Ashley Kate Adams (La Cage aux Folles), Darren Bluestone (Avenue Q), Stefanie Brown (Wicked), Kennedy Caughell (American Idiot), Max Chernin (Brooklyn Superhero Project), Corey Cott (Newsies), Natalie Daradich (Wicked), Hannah Elless (Somewhere In Time), Megann Fahy (Next to Normal), Ben Fankhauser (Newsies), Jason Gotay (Spider-Man), Jenna Leigh Green ( Wicked, 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch), Ariana Groover (Bare), Sabrina Harper (Pippin), Liana Hunt (Newsies), Emma Hunton (Spring Awakening), Elizabeth Judd (Bare), Alice Lee (Spring Awakening), Kara Lindsay (Newsies), Kate Loprest (First Date), Julia Mattison (Godspell), Gabrielle McClinton (Pippin), Lesley McKinnell (Wicked), Emily McNamara (Gettin' The Band Back Together), Bethany Moore (Pippin), Ryah Nixon (9 to 5), Kristine Reese (Wicked), Libby Servais (Lysistrata Jones), Tess Soltau (Into The Woods, Far From Heaven), Stephanie Umoh (Ragtime), and Barrett Wilbert Weed (Bare, Lysistrata Jones)

In their brief, but wildly successful career, the Spice Girls sold a staggering 88 million albums worldwide, becoming the best-selling female group of all time. "Baby," "Scary," "Ginger," "Posh," and "Sporty" became household names. "Broadway Loves the Spice Girls" will feature exciting new vocal arrangements of their biggest hits, including "Wannabe," "Spice Up Your Life," "Stop," "2 Become 1," as well as classic numbers from the cult-hit film "Spice World," highlights from the girls' solo careers, and more. This is one night no pop music fan should miss!

The band will feature David Cinquegrana on guitar, Shannon Ford on drums, Gene Rauhala and John Perko on trumpet, Eric Schedin on trombone, Andrew Halchak on woodwinds, and music director Benjamin Rauhala on keyboards. Back-up vocals will be provided by Lacey Angerosa, Michael Gioia, and Jillian Soares. Orchestrations and vocal arrangements are by Benjamin Rauhala, with brass arrangements by Eric Schedin.

Tickets are $17 in advance, or $25 at the door and can be purchased at www.canalroom.com. There is NO food/drink minimum. The Canal Room is located at 285 West Broadway (at Canal Street), New York, NY, 10013."

Pippin previews start tomorrow
 Mar 24 2013, 02:19:05 AM
Front row is a little too close for some of the acrobatics. Best seats in the house are about the third row in the mezzanine.
Pippin Will Sell
 Jan 5 2013, 01:36:39 AM
I've had the opportunity to see both "Drood" and "Pippin," and, while loving both, I do think that "Pippin" is a better production and, perhaps, a better piece of theater overall. The combination of the circus performers with the Fosse-esque choreographer creates many many visual delights. The new orchestrations are lovely - modernized just enough, while paying homage to the original sound. The vocals are all top notch and the direction was clean and clear.
Taylor Trensch Leaving Bare for Matilda
 Dec 23 2012, 02:14:43 PM
I caught the show last Friday expecting the worst on all accounts and actually thoroughly enjoyed myself. Taylor was in great voice, only wavering in pitch a little in the first moments after "Are You There" when he was, quite understandably, a little tired. Never was truly off key though, and recovered quickly. I have a feeling Taylor (and the rest of the cast) was probably pretty tired during preview performances when they were still rehearsing during the day. The lyric and script changes were
Richard Fleeshman vacation?
 Jul 2 2012, 11:33:13 PM
Not until late August, I'm told.
Phantom 25th BluRay - New Vocals?
 Dec 22 2011, 05:15:43 PM
Indeed, it seems they tried to take out a good deal of Ramin's speak-singing, or where he chose to give us line readings instead of the notes. Also, they used bits of "Music of the Night" where he gets the melody right.

It seems as though they left Sierra's vocals completely untouched, which is depressing. I have a feeling she probably pushed less and wasn't as sharp at the performances that weren't broadcast live. Maybe they just decided it wasn't much of a problem since it only both

Porgy And Bess 1st Preview
 Dec 17 2011, 11:59:51 AM
From looking at pictures from A.R.T, the set seems to have remained similar - lots of wood, lots of ambiguity. Ms. Paulus prefaced the rehearsal saying that some drops had not been installed yet and there there were 8 hours of tech left to do before Saturday night's performance.

Porgy And Bess 1st Preview
 Dec 17 2011, 11:27:17 AM
I went to the invited dress last night! Unfortunately, I didn't make it out to see it in Boston, so I'm afraid I won't be great at drawing comparisons as to what did or didn't change since its initial run. I will say that the production is beautifully sung, and that Norm and Audra give two winning performances as Porgy and Bess. The ensemble is strong, and the featured members, particularly Nikki Renee Daniels and Joshua Henry, come across very well. The choreography looked a little strange to m
RENT 11/21 8PM
 Nov 22 2011, 10:53:51 AM
Lovely review! Glad to hear they gave you a solid show last night. I've been back a few times and I find, as is to be expected getting paid what they do, that the show has its on and off days. Good to hear that the understudies were solid though, and that the production was able to bring you onto its side. Good stuff!
NEW PRICE - $50
 Mar 4 2011, 01:47:22 PM
Hey guys!

New, lower price - $50. Any takers?

It's my birthday today, hehe, take pity on me.

This is the cheapest non-rush ticket you will find for the show - and in the orchestra, nonetheless! Plus, you'd be doing me a big favor and you could feel great about yourself.

For Sale - $60 - 'Catch Me If You Can,' First Preview, 1 ticket, Orchestra, Row U
 Mar 2 2011, 11:06:54 PM
I realize I left out a few details!

The seat is Orchestra Row U, Seat 15, which is in the house right section of the orchestra in the middle of the row. I have the ticket in a PDF which I can send you immediately once payment is confirmed.

Thank you guys in advance!

For Sale - $50 - "Catch Me If You Can," First Preview, 1 ticket, Orchestra,
 Feb 28 2011, 04:38:15 PM
Hey everyone!

I've had a bit of a scheduling conflict in planning my spring break, and I no longer will be able to attend the first preview of "Catch Me If You Can," so I'm seeing if anyone would be interested in purchasing it.

It's a single ticket, orchestra row U. I'm asking $60 for it - I paid about $80 for it, with fees. It's bound to be a brilliant night in the theater, with the energy riding high as the actors finally put the show in front of a paying Broadway audienc

N2N's Brian Justin Crum at Joe's Pub on 1/24 - Who else is going?
 Jan 2 2011, 03:51:38 PM
Hey guys!

Anybody heading to Joe's Pub on January 24th? Brian Justin Crum (the current Gabe/Henry standby in 'Next to Normal') is doing a concert and it looks like it's going to be awesome! Stephen Schwartz is going to do a tune with him, Donna Vivino, fresh from being Elphaba on the "Wicked" tour, will be belting it out, AND the brilliant Tituss Burgess will be there. There's going to be so many high notes, I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with myself! Jesse Vargas, fresh from

Mary Testa at the Beechman tomorrow night, and on the 27th - who's going?!
 Sep 19 2010, 02:17:17 PM
I wish I was going to be in town - she's doing two concerts with Michael Starobin - the man the sound of "Next to Normal." I can't even imagine how awesome this is going to be. Who's going?! I can't wait to hear about what they do - please post some reviews!

Check out the press release - it sounds awesome!

"Two-time Tony Award nominee Mary Testa will perform her latest one-woman show, “Classically Speaking,” at the Laurie Beechman Theatre (407 West 42nd St.) with two-time Tony

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
 Jul 14 2010, 03:23:13 AM
Here was my experience:

I bought a standing room ticket literally at 6:55PM. There was still another empty position next to me, I believe. As the play began, Stephen Sondheim was seated in front of my little stoop. Unbelievable!

Bernadette has made clever, careful, and intelligent choices with Desiree. Her voice is in top form, and I expect it will remain that way, as the role was designed to not be particularly demanding in the way of vocals. She even showed off a little sopra

WHY Everyday Rapture?
 Jul 2 2010, 07:23:07 PM
In the monologue before "Up the Ladder to the Roof," she says something like this...

"The Mennonites say you have to wait for the Rapture, because it's coming. And they're half right...only, it's already here - "rapture" with a small 'r' - single, precious moment..."

And so on. That's where she draws the title from. Perhaps she feels the message of the show is to take your world and enjoy each moment. "May your Rumspringa" last forever - don't let yourself get torn apart by gui

NEXT FALL - anyone seen it?
 Jun 22 2010, 04:24:09 PM
I thought the show was gorgeous and touching. It's not a perfect script, but the performers bring a whole lot of heart to the production and I was very moved. Rushed it once, then brought my friend with me a few weeks later.
next Elphaba/Glidna?
 Jun 21 2010, 11:11:35 PM
I was recently told that Mandy Gonzalez has a particularly long contract. Something to the effect of a year and a half, so perhaps no new Elphaba for a good while.
Broadway Bares XX: Strip-Opoly (Keep This Thread G-Rated!)
 Jun 21 2010, 04:28:29 AM
Alysha Umphress was BRILLIANT belting it out in the "Electricity" number. I died.
Next To Normal this weekend
 May 22 2010, 01:19:17 PM
Alice is on all weekend.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You