News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheBoyfromChi

TheBoyfromChi Profile Photo
Member Name: TheBoyfromChi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: How Does Carmen die?
 Mar 11 2007, 12:30:04 PM
She overdoses, but the script calls for the sound of a train to play after she finishes "In L.A"-I have no clue why, it never made any sense to me. Just one of the show's myriad of problems.
The musical and movie don't have much in common except that it is the same school and the song Fame appears in both. Other than that, they are pretty different.

re: FULL Cast & Crew photo from HAIRPSRAY the Movie Musical!
 Nov 24 2006, 09:22:05 PM
I've said this before on other threads, but is there a picture of Nikki that isn't adorable? You can't see her clearly, but she just looks so cute.
re: When Do You Think They'll Annouce The Rest Of The Sweeney Movie Cast?
 Nov 24 2006, 05:47:28 PM
I thought the Jim Broadbent rumor was that he was in talks to be in a movie musical, and it was assumed Hairspray...I could be wrong though. I thought they announced Christopher Walken not long after the Jim Broadbent rumor started.
re: HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY CHICAGO! 11/14/06
 Nov 14 2006, 10:16:13 AM
Chicago was my first experience with a Broadway show; it's meant a lot to me and I'm thrilled for everyone involved.
re: ana in wicked
 Oct 31 2006, 08:49:43 PM
I would think it would be difficult to find a better Elphaba than Ana's. Vocally she sounds great, it's hard to pick a favorite song that she does, but her No Good Deed gives chills. As far as her acting ability, she gives Elphaba life and depth. She needs a deep, meaty role that she can really sink her teeth into. She's putting all her phenomenal talent and acting genius into a role other actresses have done much less with.
re: evil dead on the view
 Oct 31 2006, 12:13:25 PM
Ah I missed it...what were their costumes?
re: The Truth About Pirate Queen (A Review) 10/18/06
 Oct 19 2006, 03:14:11 PM
I had the hardest time understanding anything Queen Elizabeth was singing. Did anyone else feel that way too? And yes, I also thought the sword fights were slow.
I had a wonderful time at the show yesterday, but as I left, I too realized that it had nothing to do with the story itself.
Could someone help clear up a couple things for me? Who exactly is Evleen? What's her connection to Grania? And where does Donal come from? He pretty much appeared for Boys Will Be Boys and in the next sc

Lillias White
 Oct 19 2006, 11:20:36 AM
I don't know the exact date, but at http://www.ahrensandflaherty.com/ooti.html, it only says that Lillias played the role for most of its Broadway run. If I find the date, I'll post.
re: Oct 18 new PQ castcom featuring- Stephanie
 Oct 18 2006, 10:22:41 PM
Saw the matinee today, and I just have to say that I adore Stephanie. She is doing amazing work in this show.
This is really good news...
 Oct 18 2006, 01:14:29 AM
I'm so happy she's able to perform this on Broadway. I saw her twice in Chicago and she never disappointed. I do remember the first time I saw it, before she sang The Wizard And I and there was that moment where I wondered if she could do it. How did you guys feel about her "No Good Deed"? For me it was the highlight of the show.
re: Full Page HAIRSPRAY Spread in Entertainment Weekly
 Oct 13 2006, 11:48:20 PM
Every picture I see of Nikki is cuter than the previous. I am really excited to see her in the film.
re: Hairspray filming?
 Sep 26 2006, 09:43:20 PM
I have to add my excitement with the Hairspray blog. Many, many, many thanks for doing it!
re: Bebe Neuwirth to be Roxie Hart!
 Sep 6 2006, 05:12:23 PM
I'm all for this. In fact, if Bebe wants to extend, that'd be fine too. Anything to keep Ashlee Simpson off Broadway. (assuming the Weisslers want to bring her over here, of course)

re: Ms. Tracy Turnblad...
 Sep 6 2006, 01:34:54 AM
I think she looks adorable...every new picture just makes next summer seem further and further away.
re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
 Aug 31 2006, 03:23:23 PM
I can't say vocally how she is compared to past Elphabas, but I can say she won't disappoint if you have doubts. Her No Good Deed sent chills every time. Plus, her chemistry with Kate is wonderful and I am so happy those two will get to share the stage again.
re: Applegate as Roxie?
 Aug 13 2006, 01:18:26 PM
I'd love for her to be back on Broadway. And yes, Jesse was a great show, I'd get it on dvd. I do have Friends on dvd, including her guest appearance as Rachel's sister in what is one of the best guest stars they ever had. She's really a terrific comedie actress.
re: PATTI AT RAVINIA - please post reviews here
 Aug 13 2006, 12:57:59 PM
I'm not going to be adding anything new, just agreeing that it was an amazing night. She sang every song with such ease, with such emotion. Rose's Turn was just..I fail to find words that sufficiently describe what I saw on stage. It's been a long time since I've seen an actress give such emotion. She is incredible and one of the few actresses who truly earn and deserve the accolades she has received through the years.
re: If you could have been there in the past, what performers/performances
 Aug 10 2006, 02:12:19 AM
Angela Lansbury in Mame, Gypsy and Sweeney Todd, Julie Andrews in My Fair Lady, Liza in Chicago, B.D.Wong in M. Butterfly, Patti in Evita, Audra in Ragtime and Carousel, Gwen Verdon in anything, Chita Rivera in anything and Jerry Orbach in 42nd Street
re: Chorus Line casting
 Aug 9 2006, 01:42:18 PM
THe only thing that comes up on ibdb.com is A Chorus Line, so this must be her first show on Broadway.
re: Martin Ball's West End 'Wicked' Diary
 Aug 4 2006, 03:35:57 PM
I think that's Stephanie J Block.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You