Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:12pm

Discuss!

Check out the Tony Awards Haven! www.tonyawardshaven.com

Yankeefan007
Chrysanthemum62001
#2re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:15pm

Wow, that was fast!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#3re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:20pm

Perhaps b/c he can't act or sing, and was merely hired because he was from television???

MargoChanning
#4re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:23pm

Here's the link:
http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=502229

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#5re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:25pm

Poor sausage. I never liked him, but I genuinely feel bad for him.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

broadwayguy2
#6re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:27pm

awwweee. no sideshow bob on broadway

MargoChanning
#7re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:27pm

Yeah, it's kinda sad. What's up with this guy's career anyway?

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

gettinhep Profile Photo
gettinhep
#8re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:28pm

Hired for the surfer-dude hair.

Fired for the surfer-dude acting.

'Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational.' - Lucy Van Pelt

broadwayguy2
#9re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:34pm

I honestly feel bad for Justin.. the guy can't seem to catch a break.

ElphieZ
#10re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:34pm

That is sad. What role would he have gotten in Lion King? He should at least try and get that job again.

He is kind of goofy, but I always feel for people who are struggling. Especially with the "can't act/can't sing" rap that he has.

But then again, he REALLY reminds me of a guy I dated...so I don't feel THAT bad. Haha. jk.

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#11re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:37pm

I'm sorry, are we sure he was fired? Why? It's not like a show like that needs good actors. He's a great headliner for it.

MaTakeALookAtMe Profile Photo
MaTakeALookAtMe
#12re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:38pm

Where are the people that posted endless posting about how great he was gonna be? Funny how they don't have too much to say now!

All that aside...what a tough break

muzzjoi
#13re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:41pm

I am sorry to hear this. It still sounds like a fun show.

JoMarch Profile Photo
JoMarch
#14re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:44pm

I can not believe I am about to defend Justin Guarini after I spent the entire first season of American Idol screaming childish and volatile things whenever he came on the screen BUUUUUUUUUUT in the show's last mounting I read a majority of positive remarks about his Let's not start pretending that he was panned the last time the show played because it was quite the opposite. I am now done defending Justin Guarini and it only hurt a little. Updated On: 11/9/04 at 07:44 PM

jdanton2 Profile Photo
jdanton2
#15re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 7:59pm

it is so sad to hear! i think justin is an all around entertainer. i am sure he would have done great. i think we should wait till we hear more before people here bash him and blame him for him being out of it . i wish justin luck in whatever he does now.

http://www.tamyra.org

ifagirlisntpretty
#16re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:05pm

I don't want to start a fight with people who "know better" but I truly don't believe he was fired. I think he was probably unhappy--they've apparently done a lot of cutting since Vassar...

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#17re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:09pm

SNAP! Finally, a smart producerial (I like makin' up words) move: maybe a name should be able to back up his talent. He he was a diva about being considered a company member and not a principle, I say good riddence!

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

timote316
#18re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:28pm

I feel bad for him. I'm sure if he's serious about his acting career he'll find some other work somewhere.

Although, if they "parted company" because of his role not being considered a lead, I no longer feel bad lol

insomniak
#19re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:32pm

Sounds like a case of ExtremeDiva to me. Beggars can't be choosers. Boy needs to work his way up again.

Jgssf Profile Photo
Jgssf
#20re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:40pm

I for one am so heartbroken to hear this sad news.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#21re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:44pm

I decided to do a search to see if I could find out any more information and I came across the Justin Guarini HOT NEWS! Board on MSN. Apparently they are monitoring this board as you can see form the following exchange:

"hi JJ , muzjoy. they seem to be bashing justin now over on broadway world. i hope justin comes out soon with the reason this happened . hopefully he got a better deal or something .we will see i guess. anyway there is still "film fakers' to look foward to."

Followed by:

"JD, I agree. I hope Justin has something better ilined up. The Broadway board folks bash everybody. They have been hard on Justin and Tamyra from the day they were mentioned as being cast in Broadway shows. I guess we will just have to wait and see."
Board

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Updated On: 11/9/04 at 08:44 PM

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#22re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:50pm

Let's just say, there may be a saving grace to Good Vibrations..re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations Now lets hope they make a smart casting decision and not based on name recognition.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

MaTakeALookAtMe Profile Photo
MaTakeALookAtMe
#23re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:51pm

No doubt these were some of the semi-shills that posted here for a while...the same one that tried to say William Hung would be in Phantom...

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#24re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
Posted: 11/9/04 at 8:57pm

I'm kind of sorry that Justin won't be heading to Broadway. I remember watching something a long time ago where he talked about how his dream was to make a living doing this, and then he got American Idol and The Lion King the same day and had to make a choice. Maybe he can go into the Lion King?

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Videos