pixeltracker

Harry Connick Jr To Star In "The Pajama Game" Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005)

Harry Connick Jr To Star In "The Pajama Game" Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005)

RadioTV2 Profile Photo
RadioTV2
#0Harry Connick Jr To Star In "The Pajama Game" Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005)
Posted: 1/8/05 at 9:05am

NY Times Reports. Personally, I think this is a really good casting decision, but thats just me. I love to listen to Harry Connick and will definitely see this next season.
Two Musical Revivals Bank on Stars From Beyond Broadway

Check out the Tony Awards Haven! www.tonyawardshaven.com

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005)
Posted: 1/8/05 at 9:06am

Oooh. I do love me some Harry Connick, Jr. This could be fun.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#2re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005)
Posted: 1/8/05 at 9:06am

TRULY???
I literally jumped out of my chair! I think it's inspired casting.

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#3re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005)
Posted: 1/8/05 at 9:36am

yummy re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005) and i'm glad to hear they've rewritten the book ... it was quite dated.

RIP glebby <3

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#4re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005)
Posted: 1/8/05 at 9:55am

So...who are our picks for Babe?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Addicted2Seaweed
#5re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005)
Posted: 1/8/05 at 10:18am

I LOVE The Pajama Game!! Yay!!

What is it about Lucy?? I know she's a bitch, and yet I want to be her...

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#6re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005)
Posted: 1/8/05 at 10:40am

My ideal Babe: Reba.

(Funnily, I don't think the book is THAT dated)

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

iluvtheatertrash
#7re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Likely to be in November 2005)
Posted: 1/8/05 at 11:22am

This could be good. This could be *very* good. Ooo. Now, THAT'S something to look forward to.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#8re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 11:26am

Wonderful casting choice - it's SO about time.

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#9re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 11:30am

Am I the only one who thinks Harry Connik Jr. is a hack without an ounce of personality? And that Pajama Game just ain't all it's cracked up to be?

PEACE.

Feodor Sverdlov
#10re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 11:40am

I agree that Connick doesn't have an ounce of personality (nor the voice to do the songs in "The Pajama Game"); but don't agree about "The Pajama Game". I love it!

scooter3843

Gothampc
#11re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 11:41am

Sueleen, I agree with you about Connick. I'm predicting he'll bring a lot of trouble to this production.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#12re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 12:25pm

I don't think "hack" is objective. If you don't like him fine - but he's incredibly talented. Sueleen - what about Connick Jr. don't you like? I value your opinion.

I'm not a huge Pajama Game fan (who's directing? Bobbie or Zaks? vomit) - but it's a good choice of a revival to revive.

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#13re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 12:28pm

Connick, to me, always seems to be half asleep and his Frank Sinatra wanna-be vocals drive me crazy. I will say he is very cute, but that only goes so far.

PEACE.
Updated On: 1/8/05 at 12:28 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#14re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 12:30pm

I'm with you 100%, Sueleen - hated him on Will and Grace too.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#15re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 12:35pm

Wouldn't Reba be too old for Connick's Sid? Harsh words here for Harry. He's really really charming and pleasant in person. I would rather like to hear what he can do with The Pajama Game score. As a show, it may be a total product of its time, but it's SO much livelier than the original version of Damn Yankees by the same team. Perhaps presented firmly in its era as a period piece (like the '86 revival of Sweet Charity accomplished), it could work. Whoa to everyone on the team who has to deal with Richard Adler, however.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#16re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 12:38pm

magruder, who would you like to see as Babe?

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#17re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 12:43pm

I was rather impressed with Toni Collette in the Broadway Wild Party. They could be good together.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"
Updated On: 1/8/05 at 12:43 PM

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#18re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 12:55pm

Actually I am sure he can vocally carry it (whether sinatraesque or not, who cares!), I am not the biggest fan of his acting skills though. Hmm, at least he'll draw audiences to Broadway who are more hollywood-bound. Looking forward to it somehow.

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#19re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 12:58pm

John Raitt is practically a plywood board with a voice in the movie version. I think Connick can a least be a little livelier in the acting department, and his vocals should be fine.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#20re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 2:15pm

I found him very likable as Lt. Cable in the TV version of South Pacific and I think he's charming on Will and Grace. I'm anxious to see how this turns out.

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

Amy Archer
#21re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 2:54pm

I'm counting the minutes til a Corine2 anti-Connick, pro-Barrett screed in this thread.

MatureDignity Profile Photo
MatureDignity
#22re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 3:06pm

I am not a fan... but hoping to be surprised.

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#23re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 3:07pm

I've seen Harry Connick, Jr. several times in concert and he seems to have a terrific personality. He banters with the audience quite a bit and tells quite a few anecdotal stories. He has a huge fan base and I think that he is an inspired choice for this revival. I'd love to hear him sing "Hey There" on a Broadway stage.

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#24re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
Posted: 1/8/05 at 3:33pm

magrudeer, I think (alas) that Reba is now a bit too old for Babe, but her pulling out of the ENCORES! production very early on (She was asked first, wanted to do it and re-unite with Brent, but decided she could not get away from her TV filming) one of the great tantalizing 'almosts'. Karen the Z was excellent...but with Reba...oh, have mercy...

The thought of McEntire & Barrett tearing into "There Once Was A Man" is woody-inducing.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

Videos