News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kevin5

Member Name: kevin5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

So What IS The Most Boring Play?
 Jun 18 2012, 05:42:18 AM
I have to agree that stoppard is awful, I have never seen a play of his I liked. Actually after last years awful Arcadia I swore never to see another Stoppard play.
2012 Streetcar VS 2005 Streetcar
 May 8 2012, 05:50:08 AM
I saw both streetcars, the roundabout production was awful, I remember nothing positive about that production. I love this curremt production, i am actually going to see it a 2nd time this evening. I thought the production did not totally work as all black, but the actors bring the words to life and I think it is better than the reviwers said.
Jayne Houdyshell or Terri White: Who deserved that Tony nom more?
 May 7 2012, 10:38:50 AM
Let me start by saying Terri White was very good and I enjoied her performance and the last time I saw the show before it closed Terry actually stopped the shopw and got a standing ovation after the mirror num ber, BUT I would gove the tony to Jayne Houdyshell, she deserves it, she gave a great performance for how small her role was.
DEATH OF A SALESMAN Rush
 May 3 2012, 06:18:47 PM
how much are obstructed view tickets, are the bostructed view for anyone?
Need your recommendations
 May 3 2012, 06:09:51 PM
go see end of the rainbow, it was good, and i LOVED Streetcar named desire, I cannot believe it got mediocre reviews, It was really good. Definately see ONCE

You can get Nice work if you can get it rear mezz for 45.00 at the box office, and it's entire rear mezz not just last 2 rows

IN MASKS WAS AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Porgy and Bess was bad, also AVOID Jesus Christ Superstar and Leap of faith

Linda lavin is really

Last night while going to see OTHER DESERT CITiES
 May 3 2012, 06:03:07 PM
sounds great, at the Victoria mallory show at city center this past Sunday, i sat 6 people away from Angela lansbury, she looked wonderful.

I thought Stockard was WONDERFUL and hope she walks away with the Tony (Linda was good too, but Stockard was better)

Ricky Martin understudy
 May 3 2012, 05:53:59 PM
I would go back and see Max also, Hopefully he plays it as someone who actually cares that his country is being raped and not how RM is currently portraying it. I hope Max goes on in his place
Ricky Martin understudy
 May 3 2012, 02:15:32 PM
not to burst your bubble, but you would be better off seeing RM understudy, Ricky is really bad, his performance reminds me of milk toast

BUT to be fair, it really is his show since everyone is screaming for him and he does get the biggest curtain call, I have not actually heard of him missing a performance. BUT, all the screaming for him when I saw it was very distraction. I started to think the people in the audience were not aware there was a storyline and it wasn;t a ricky matrin

Patti's Final Broadway Performance as Evita
 May 3 2012, 02:12:20 PM
For anyone who has never heard the OBC with Patti they could think that the current revival of Evita is pretty good, but when you compare the current prioduction with the OBC it is just bad, i loved watching these, thanks for posting. it's ashame there is not a better bootleg circulating, even Lincoln Center's recorded version WITH Patti is not good quality, Hal Prince's staging was sooooooooo great.
What's Your Favorite 2012 Tony Award Nominated Musical?
 May 3 2012, 01:45:34 PM
FOLLIES for revival

and so far ONCE, but I am seeing nice work on friday

MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
 May 2 2012, 12:02:37 AM
magic bird was no lombardi. It will be easily forgotten. That show belonged more on tour, not on broadway.
Ron Raines for FOLLIES? Really?!
 May 2 2012, 12:00:30 AM
HOUDYSHEL deserves the nomination, Terri White was great, but I hope Houdyshel wins, she deserves it
leap of faith cast cd
 May 1 2012, 11:56:15 PM
the music was awful, nothing memorible. I would be surprised if they record a cd. I am surprised it is still playing, although I have to say the tv commercial is funny all those stupid tourists singing praise for that show. I think they were the same ones who were on the Suzanne Sommers, blonde in the thunderbird show commercial.
Elaine Paige was robed!
 May 1 2012, 06:01:30 PM
I liked Elaine but I wasn;t blown over by her, I was blown over by Jayne Houdeyshel and am very glad she WAS nominated. I hope Jayne wins
BERNADETTE WAS ROBBED
 May 1 2012, 05:59:34 PM
I will admit her "Losing my mind" was not a show stopper, BUT I think she deserved the TONY for her performance in follies, she had me mesmerized from the second she was on the stage. She deserves it more than jan maxwell. Follies was a true gem of this theater season , I hope it cleans up at the TONYs.
Rant about the 2012 TONY nominations here
 May 1 2012, 05:51:07 PM
Ricky Martin did not deserve a nominated, the entire production of EVITA was a disapointment, with the exception of the set and when Elani came out and sang don't cry for me Argentina, but thats not enough to make it a good show. I think Ricky Martin gave the WORST performance this season, and there was alot of crap this season.
 May 1 2012, 05:45:04 PM
I disagree I thought Larouquette deserved the tony for how to succeed, he was the only good thing about that revival
 May 1 2012, 05:41:30 PM
i thought porgy and bess was an awful production and i love Andrea, but it was a bad production, it deserves to win nothing
 May 1 2012, 11:25:37 AM
bernadette peters deserved the tony for FOLLIES, I am glad Jayne Houdyshell got a nomination, she deserves to win. Am I the only person who thinks Streetcar named desire was a wonderful production????? I am surprised it got nothing I hope stockard channing wins for best actress and other desert cities takes best play
Brooke Shields would have saved this dull, lifeless , weak show.
 Apr 28 2012, 11:33:57 AM
I think Brooke was smart to bail, there was nothing redeeming about this show, except for the intermission which aloud me to leave. If she would have stayed she would have sank with the rest of them. I have lost my respect for every critic who gave this show a good review, The only award this show deserves is the biggest turkey for 2011-2012, even over on a clear day....at least that show had good songs and Harry Connick singing.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You