pixeltracker

MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12

MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#2MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
Posted: 5/1/12 at 4:57pm

Well, I think we all saw this one coming.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
Posted: 5/1/12 at 4:58pm

For those who claim the Tonys have no weight. Look at them falling one after one... Oh, the horror!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#3MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
Posted: 5/1/12 at 4:59pm

Not a surprise. It was a bad show with no substance.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#4MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
Posted: 5/1/12 at 5:00pm

A Tony weighs....about 1 pound.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#5MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
Posted: 5/1/12 at 5:02pm

shocking.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#6MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
Posted: 5/1/12 at 10:37pm

That's what happens when you rush a show to Broadway. Now just waiting for Leap of Faith.

kevin5
#7MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
Posted: 5/2/12 at 12:02am

magic bird was no lombardi. It will be easily forgotten. That show belonged more on tour, not on broadway.

mamaleh
#8MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
Posted: 5/2/12 at 9:50am

I found some things to like about it, even though I'm hardly a basketball fan. Peter Scolari was funny and effective in multiple roles, albeit fairly undeveloped ones. There was a good dose of humanity underlying the rivalry scenes, and I found myself caring about Johnson and Bird. Great play? No. But it largely held my attention for its 95 minutes, which is more than I can say about a lot of plays that garnered more positive notices. Exception: the overly long kitchen-table scene.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#9MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
Posted: 5/2/12 at 9:57am

I think a LACK of Tony noms is the difference you see. Leap would have closed yesterday too, if they hadn't gotten any: now they are struggling to stay open. (As ticket sales aren't likely to increase -- but we shall see.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

mrjason
#10MAGIC/BIRD to Close on Broadway May 12
Posted: 5/2/12 at 10:59am

I think the show will do well on tour. I actually enjoyed it, sad to see it closing

Videos