News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MatureDignity

MatureDignity Profile Photo
Member Name: MatureDignity
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: the NEW dirty rotten lottery  Aug 17 2005, 05:30:38 PM
This sucks. I won for the first time last week. I guess that'll be the last time I see it from the orchestra... I want the show to do well, but are 21 seats really going to make that much of a difference at the B.O.?
re: TIME Magazine Asks Stephen Sondheim 10 Questions  Jul 13 2005, 12:57:10 AM
He was at closing night... I think he saw it before that, too.
re: Sherie Rene Scott in RENT?  Jul 5 2005, 06:59:28 PM
I saw them together, RentBoy -- Norbert is still my favorite Roger. Sherie's listed as "Sherie Scott" in my Playbill.

Michael Bennett - Daphne left before Idina. I just remember because it was such a huge deal...

re: Sherie Rene Scott in RENT?  Jul 5 2005, 06:44:52 PM
She replaced Idina. I didn't like her in the role, but she sang the hell out of "Take Me or Leave Me." Not sure how long she stayed.
Is this a good idea?  Jun 28 2005, 06:11:49 PM
No idea how many people in this board are in Virginia... but is it okay to talk about Richmond theatre on the DC board?

(and thanks!)

re: The worst song from a musical you've ever heard  Jun 26 2005, 12:30:04 AM
The Creation of Man, The Scarlet Pimpernel
The Rap, Starlight Express

I feel so embarrassed for the universe when I hear both of those songs.

re: Rent 7/1/97  Jun 26 2005, 12:15:42 AM

I don't even have to look it up... I was so angsty about not being able to see his last show that the date stuck with me.

re: Favorite Stage Moms  Jun 25 2005, 11:58:36 PM
Other than the more obvious choices... Meredith in Bat Boy.
re: Rent 7/1/97  Jun 25 2005, 11:54:55 PM
I liked Marcy... a lot of people really hated her in the role, but I'm not sure they gave her much of a chance!
re: Rent 7/1/97  Jun 25 2005, 07:07:08 PM
Adam's last day was another cast member's last day, too, I think? Anyone know who?

Fredi (Joanne)

re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording?  Jun 24 2005, 11:04:20 PM
Wow, I'm out of it. Have they recorded it already? Does anyone know how they've handled the roles that are triple-cast?
re: Evita tour - understudies  Jun 24 2005, 11:00:42 PM
Just digging up this thread to ask if anyone here has seen Andrew Ragone go on as Che? I saw him last week. I'd heard good things about Bradley Dean so I was a bit disappointed to see that he was out, but I enjoyed Andrew's performance very much. I wish the acoustics in the theatre hadn't been so bad; he had a beautiful, powerful voice, but some of the lyrics got lost. So... has anyone else seen him?
re: Ever cried during the overture?  Jun 24 2005, 10:39:19 PM
I felt like crying during the Chitty overture. I thought I was being prepped for an evening of torture...

I cried during the Porgy and Bess overture. Nothing beats hearing that music live! I was overwhelmed.

re: Rent 7/1/97  Jun 24 2005, 10:23:03 PM
It's Marcy with a 'y'

Daphne was definitely in the show for more than six months. She stayed for a year, maybe a little more.

re: With regards to the Role of Mark  Jun 20 2005, 12:34:17 PM
Hunter mentioned in an interview that he auditioned for RENT years ago. I don't think he'd do it now.

I'd like to see Tartaglia or Robb Sapp try it. Maybe Chad Kimball...

re: Backstage Visit: Victoria Clark  Jun 17 2005, 08:27:14 PM
Aww, her son's a cellist! She seems so mellow and cool.
re: The Pillowman questions  Jun 17 2005, 12:36:40 AM
They have student rush, but I believe they're located in box seats -- not great because of the staging. You'd be looking at the back of an actor's head for a good part of the show.

I don't shock or scare easily, but my friend and I held hands during the part that cabarethed mentioned. It's intense!

re: Would you read BWW if you were a star?  Jun 16 2005, 10:02:19 AM
F-ck no!

re: HAIR recording question!  Jun 16 2005, 12:09:59 AM
Thenardier - http://www.playbill.com/news/article/93503.html
re: HAIR recording question!  Jun 15 2005, 11:58:27 PM
I really enjoyed the orchestrations on this recording. The modern sound of it, not so much. That was my biggest complaint about the concert, too, but it was still an amazing (<- for FindingNamo) night.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You