Billy Elliot Cast Recording?

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#0Billy Elliot Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/24/05 at 11:00pm

Any idea when the cast recording will be coming out? Are they hoping to get the songs hit the charts as singles first (as sung by Elton John)?

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

MatureDignity Profile Photo
MatureDignity
#1re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/24/05 at 11:04pm

Wow, I'm out of it. Have they recorded it already? Does anyone know how they've handled the roles that are triple-cast?

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#2re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/24/05 at 11:15pm

Which Billy are they using?

BroadwayBaby6
#3re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/24/05 at 11:59pm

Allow me to clarify? when is it being recorded and when is it coming out? As far as I know they haven't recorded it yet.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#4re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/25/05 at 10:54am

I recall that they will be released hopefully before new year. And I know for a fact that they will be having all 3 of them. But you will buy the one you see on the day. Don't ask me and i wanna know myself: how are they gonna classify the difference in the CDs OUTSIDE the theatre... like HMV or Virgin Megastores....

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

BroadwayBaby6
#5re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/25/05 at 3:36pm

I think they will sell all 3 cd's with different covers in the stores...

I do wonder which of the boys is the best singer. I know that Liam is supposedly the best dancer (he was performing the night I went) and that one of the other two is relatively weak ( don't know which one). I wonder whom of the 3 is vocally strongest? I thought Liam was a fine singer but he definitely was a better dancer than a singer.

Ringo Star
#6re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/25/05 at 6:52pm

Sorry I know I'm not directly answering the question here but I'd just like to disagree with the rumour that one of the boys is a weak dancer. Yes, they are all very different and yes Liam is the best at the ballet but they each have their own strengths and I can say for a fact that none of them are weak. 3 boys were chosen out of 3,500 - do you really think they would choose someone who was a weak dancer? I personally think they are all amazing. re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording?

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#7re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/26/05 at 6:07am

I think all 3 Billys are good. It's their choreography which is different.

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

RYANWOODS Profile Photo
RYANWOODS
#8re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/26/05 at 6:30am

Electricity is being released as a single soon

The Cast CD will be released towards the end of the year. I think they are using the 3 Billys to sing different songs on the Cast CD.

Videos