pixeltracker

Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!

Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#1Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 8:56pm

Mario Lopez is ready to dance with the stars again – this time with his own chorus line.

The Dancing with the Stars alum is slated to perform on the May 6th episode of the ABC hit with his fellow cast members of Broadway's A Chorus Line, Extra reports. The special performance is in celebration of the reality show’s landmark 100th episode.

The 34-year-old, who dates DWTS pro Karina Smirnoff (partner to R&B singer Mario this season) finished runner-up to Emmit Smith on the third season. He joined A Chorus Line on April 15 as Zach, a demanding director who is casting the chorus roles for a new Broadway musical.

"Everyone sings and dances except for the character I play, Zach," Mario says. "He doesn’t necessarily have to sing. I said, 'All right, that’s my guy!'"

Mario Lopez Returning to DWTS

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 9:39pm

That's good. At least it's getting more exposure for the show.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#2re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:40pm

Is the show filmed in New York?

Nobody has written a review on him here yet.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#3re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:42pm

I'm almost positive it's filmed in California?
Is ACL dark on Tuesdays?

dancingthrulife04
#4re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:44pm

It is filmed in LA and May 6th is a Tuesday so that's a little odd. Maybe it's going to be a taped segment?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#5re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:46pm

either that or I feel bad for anyone who has a ticket to May 6th of ACL

verynewyorkcurious
#6re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:46pm

The show is live? Weird.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#7re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:50pm

It must be a taped segment because broadwayoffer.com is selling tickets to the May 6 performance. So it has to be taped or everyone's understudies will be going on. Has that ever happened? Have there ever been understudies on for ALL of the principals at one time?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

roseaddams Profile Photo
roseaddams
#8re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:51pm

I don't think there are enough understudies to cover the entire cast.

"You mean what was the best picture of the year or what did they pick as the best picture of the year?" - California Suite

dancingthrulife04
#9re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:52pm

I don't think there are enough people in the cast for that to happen...

verynewyorkcurious
#10re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:53pm

What the hell is Mario Lopez doing to the show?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#11re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/19/08 at 12:00am

It's gotta be taped, or broadcasted live from NYC. Maybe they'll show the "One" finale.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#12re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/19/08 at 12:03am

I doubt it would be broadcast live. DWTS is airs at 9pm, I believe, and that's in the middle of the show. The cameras would be totally distracting to the audience and one would imagine that Mario would have a few things to say to Tom, Karina, and everyone else. My guess is a pre-taped segment.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

dancingthrulife04
#13re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/19/08 at 12:08am

The show should actually end around 9PM on a Tuesday (7:00 curtain), so it's possible that they are doing it live. I still think it will be taped, though.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#14re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/19/08 at 12:19am

I thought it was 90 minute show? ending 8:30 - could be wrong, haven't seen it myself.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#15re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/19/08 at 12:30am

it's about 2 hours, 10 minutes.

Hope this leads to high ticket sales for A Chorus Line over the summer.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#16re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/19/08 at 2:39am

I'll be looking forward to watching on May 6th!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#17re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/19/08 at 4:02am

I wonder if Karina will get confused over which Mario she calls "Poopie" and which Mario she calls "Pokey"

Wabitfwee
#18re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/19/08 at 10:23am

I'm told the cast is being flown to California on Monday, 4/21, I'd guess to tape, - back on the 22nd. Didn't know the air date.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#19re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
Posted: 4/19/08 at 12:36pm

Much to the surprise of many, ABC TV's DANCING WITH THE STARS airs 'live' each Monday and Tuesday evening. This is what they mean when they flash the LIVE icon on the TV screen and when they announce "...live from Hollywood! -- this is DANCING WITH THE STARS!" before each show. re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!

The A CHORUS LINE segment will be taped with Monday night's audience (after the 'live' telecast) but will air on Tuesday night's Results Show.

re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!
re: Mario Lopez back to DWTS May 6th, with the ACL Cast!