Yankeefan007
#2re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/15/08 at 6:01pm

Well that's a shame.

Hahabimbi Profile Photo
Hahabimbi
#2re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/15/08 at 6:07pm

glad to hear it. any more details to share?
Updated On: 12/15/08 at 06:07 PM

ifuweregay93
#3re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/15/08 at 6:36pm

LOUD NOISES!!!!

RentBoy86
#4re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 12:51am

Were you just passing through, or what? I'm kind of excited for this revival. I loved the short video on Google from the London production, and I'm kind of excited to see a full-scale production. All I've seen is cheap community theater productions, and so I've been turned off the show years, but the "South Pacific" revival changed my mind about that show, so here's to this being a creative success!

ZiggyCringe
#5re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 1:02am

WTF????

Lauren Graham was WHAT?

Please explain.

jessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
#6re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 1:15am

I was watching Gilmore Girls the other day and at the end of one episode Lauren Graham sang a little bit---it was a sort of joking type of singing but pretty good, although hard to hear because Kelly Bishop's character was talking over most of it. I am seriously contemplating making a NY trip to see this (and other stuff but I won't lie Lauren Graham in Guys & Dolls would be a big draw for me) :)

"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#7re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 1:22am

Definitely will be checking this revival out. I am a huge fan of Gilmore Girls and Lauren Graham.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

iluvtheatertrash
#8re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 2:33am

Season Six, Episode 21 of GILMORE GIRLS is on my TV right now. It's my favorite show. Not ashamed at all to admit it.

I love me some Lauren Graham and cannot hold back the excitement any longer.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

PiraguaGuy2
#9re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 9:30am

Remember when this revival was going to star John C. Reilly, Ewan McGregor, Anne Hathaway and Jane Krakowski?

Yeah...

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#10re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 9:56am

PiraguaGuy2, the initial cast last year (when it was going to be a transfer of the Michael Grandage production) was comprised of Reilly, Hathaway, Patrick Wilson, and Debra Messing.

McGregor and Krakowski were never going to move with the show here as both were unavailable.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 12/16/08 at 09:56 AM

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#11re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 10:03am

Where does she rehearse? I'd love to get a picture with her.

PiraguaGuy2
#12re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 10:07am

I guess I got confused, somethingwicked. Patrick Wilson would have been even better, although I never was excited about Messing.

I would even go so far as to say that such a high-profile production of such a well-known show with such a recognizable cast could have helped pull Broadway out of this economic funk. It's a shame that we're stuck with, as Triumph the Comic Dog would say, a "who's who of who cares". Burgess, Testa and MAYBE Graham are the only things that would get me to see this production.

broadwayboy1017
#13re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 10:10am

She was doing a run through with the director, just going over music before she went on vacation at Ripley Greer. She has a totally different take on the part than any other I've seen, definitely made "Adelades Lement" her own. She also said she's contracted with the show for 6 months

PiraguaGuy2
#14re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 10:14am

Hmmmm, why am I skeptical that this actually happened?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#15re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 10:23am

Whether or not this happened, can I just say how excited I am to see this revival with Lauren Graham?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

AUtahFann
#16re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 3:13pm

I love Gilmore Girls and I'm really excited to Lauren Graham in this revival. Does anyone know if the rest of the cast has been announced yet?

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
AUtahFann
#18re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 4:01pm

Thanks!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#19re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/16/08 at 4:03pm

I don't know if this alleged "run-through" took place, but it is true that Graham is only contracted for six months.

She is expected to leave the show shortly after the Tonys in July to begin work on her new sitcom at ABC (which already has a production commitment as of last week.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 12/16/08 at 04:03 PM

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#20re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 12/19/08 at 3:19pm

For some reason I never would have pictured her in this role, but I hope it goes great for her. She is one talented woman.

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#21re: SAW LAUREN GRAHAM AT REHEARSAL
Posted: 5/18/09 at 6:20pm

That's interesting that the original poster wrote that she was at Ripley Greer. I go to a musical theatre school in Hollywood, and up until our X-mas break (december 20) she was rehearsing across the street in our extra rehearsal building. And this is in california...now how on earth could she be in 2 places at once?

Anyways. We got to meet her a few times in passing going to our classes, and I ran into her downstairs at our capezio. She was lovely.

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

Videos