News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MCfan2

MCfan2 Profile Photo
Member Name: MCfan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 23 2024, 01:22:11 PM

It is a pretty terrible title. Almost sounds like a documentary or something like that. 

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 16 2024, 10:10:57 AM

pollster2 said: "Call me crazy, but I had an absolute blast at Gatsby. Jeremy and Eva sound incredible -- the entire principal cast is firing on all cylinders. The sets and costumes are stunning. English teachers will HATE this production -- but audiences will eat it up."

As an English major -- many years ago, but once an English major, always an English major :-) -- and as a fan of the novel, I can see myself going as a guilty pleasure, even if it made me wince now

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.  Oct 9 2023, 03:41:33 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "I just saw this. I wanna go! It’s referenced as “lavish” in the announcement. I’d love a lavish production.

Way to steal Nicole’s opening night thunder ALW. Faye said he was “capricious.”
"

There is that. But then this announcement comes on the anniversary of Phantom's world premiere, so in that way you could say it's appropriate. Anyway, good for Sarah. I wish her success with this.

Director Jamie Lloyd next project is Phantom  Sep 26 2023, 01:15:14 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: ""what if the phantom was hot and the mask was to hide his hotness""

That was the movie version.

UK Theatre Criticized For "Sound Of Music" Content Warning  Jul 9 2023, 02:31:24 PM

I certainly hope that producer never tries to watch a Mel Brooks movie. He might faint dead away.

Keep Me In Your Thoughts  Jun 29 2023, 12:46:36 PM

Glad to hear it! Take good care of yourself.

Keep Me In Your Thoughts  Jun 28 2023, 08:01:06 PM

You're in my prayers.

Charlie Stemp CRAZY FOR YOU West End - P/reviews & Discussion Thread  Jun 25 2023, 12:02:25 PM

I've just realized that when I saw Crazy for You on Broadway, Charlie Stemp wasn't even born yet. 

And now I feel very, very old. blush

The 76th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 11 2023, 08:35:50 PM

That was one awkward Camelot medley. But Soo and Donica sounded glorious -- and oh, those costumes!

AMADEUS Revival with Anthony Ramos  Jun 5 2023, 03:01:34 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I also wonder how much of an audience still exists for this play, as great as it is."

Why wouldn't there be an audience for it? 

CAMELOT (2023) - Reviews  May 19 2023, 11:31:27 AM

Somewhat off-topic (and spoilerish for "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" ): Interesting use of Richard Burton's "How to Handle a Woman" in the new episode. I'm not quite sure how it was supposed to apply to the situation -- it didn't fit either Gordon/Hedy or Gordon/Midge -- but I liked hearing it, anyhow!

Encores! 2023: LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA with Ruthie Ann Miles, DEAR WORLD with Donna Murphy, and OLIVER!  May 4 2023, 09:46:30 PM

Jesse Green's gone all Gollum over Oliver! His review reads like one long argument with himself: "It's good. But it shouldn't be good. But it is good. But it shouldn't be good. But it is good. But ..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/04/theater/oliver-review-encores-city-center.html

Do you prefer the 1982, 1999, or 2014 ANNIE?  May 3 2023, 10:13:40 AM

I grew up with the '82 version, so it has my heart. smileyPlus I love Carol Burnett, Bernadette Peters, Ann Reinking, et al., in those roles. Carol's "Little Girls" is perfection.

TODAY Show "Best of Broadway" Week 2023 2.0  May 1 2023, 06:39:36 PM

Her voice is just heavenly. And those costumes are gorgeous.

Phantom Closing?  Apr 23 2023, 11:27:45 AM

If I were an actor hoping to find another job, I would definitely not put it out there that I had played with my phone where audience members could see me during the show. I don't fault him for discreetly eating something to cool down if the heat was as intense up there as he describes. But playing with his phone ... there's no reason for that. 

Borstein pitches a dream MRS. MAISEL musical  Apr 21 2023, 10:34:14 AM

Since the most recent episode dropped, honestly, this is starting to look more likely to me. Between ep. 4's industrial musical, which they showed TWICE (well, more like 1 1/3 times, to be fair), and the musical from the "Gilmore Girls" revival, I'm starting to believe that the Palladinos really, really want to do a full-length stage musical. 

MOONSTRUCK opera in the works at the Met. The Met is learning from Broadway that contemporary & adapted work can drive sales. (NYT)  Apr 18 2023, 12:46:58 PM

This is fascinating. I never would have guessed there was a significant demographic who wouldn't go to an opera until someone made one out of "The Hours."

And the "Moonstruck" one sounds intriguing!

Phantom Closing?  Apr 16 2023, 01:37:43 PM

I see. Thanks, Jordan.

Phantom Closing?  Apr 16 2023, 01:33:18 PM

I'm sorry, I missed something (and I'm sure it's been covered here more than once, I just can't seem to find it!). If last night was the final performance for the paying public, who is tonight's performance for? Invited guests only or something?

CAMELOT (2023) - Reviews  Apr 15 2023, 08:45:52 AM

Oh, that's ALL we need. I'd as soon paint a mustache on a Degas dancer as let Sorkin mess with a Lerner lyric. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You