Jersey Boys Student Rush

florida theatre kid Profile Photo
florida theatre kid
#0Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/20/06 at 3:58pm

Hey everybody! I am up here in New York, and today I went to the ESPN zone for lunch, and my waiter (who happens to be in theatre) started talking about Jersey Boys, a show that I really want to see. He explained the student rush policy to me, but unfortunately, I forgot my student ID. He told me me I was out of luck then, but do you think it is worth a shot to try? Will they cut me some slack (just looking at me you can tell I am a student) or will they say without hesitance "no."

Any help would be great

Thanks!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#1re: Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/20/06 at 3:59pm

I would just try. It can't hurt. Do you ahve d river's license or anything that would show them ur age, so u must be in school.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#2re: Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/20/06 at 8:07pm

They didn't even check my student ID when I bought tickets a couple of months ago, and I definitely look like I could be in my mid-20s.

kaboodles041 Profile Photo
kaboodles041
#4re: Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 5/17/06 at 12:00am

Get there early! For a matinee at 2pm, I got there at 7:40am and I swear people started arriving only like minutes after I got there. The first time I went, there were 12 tix available, but the second there were only 10. Don't forget, people buy 2 tickets, so while it may look on line that you can get the tix, it may turn out not so.

Arghh! Grammar pet peeve #1: your vs you're. "Your" is a possessive pronoun. "You're" is the contraction of "you are." <<

Rebecca Profile Photo
Rebecca
#5re: Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 5/17/06 at 12:02am

Wow, ok - thanks. So where are the seats located? I haven't seen that posted anywhere.

kaboodles041 Profile Photo
kaboodles041
#6re: Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 5/17/06 at 12:24am

orchestra front row, to the left and right (so partial view). The second time I actually requested tix on the stage right side. On the other side there is a stairway which I heard can be kinda distracting (both times I was to the left). The partial view is really not bad. And I didn't mean to scare you with the getting there early. But I always say better earlier than later!

Arghh! Grammar pet peeve #1: your vs you're. "Your" is a possessive pronoun. "You're" is the contraction of "you are." <<

Rebecca Profile Photo
Rebecca
#7re: Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 5/17/06 at 12:34am

Thanks! We're really excited to see this but I wonder how they'll take the news about the time you suggested :) Oh well, we'll deal.

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#8re: Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 5/17/06 at 10:18am

Has anyone ever done standing room for Jersey Boys? I'm not a student, (and don't know any) and don't want to spend alot of $. If anyone has done it, what's it like?

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#9re: Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 5/17/06 at 10:21am

There are tons of comments available in this thread which I provided links to about 300 different Jersey Boys Rush posts. I believe there are some thoughts about the seats in here as well:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=897582&dt=2