Tony's Preformances

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#0Tony's Preformances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:07pm

Anyword yet on who is doing what..... like official word?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Tony's Preformances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:08pm

Not yet.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=851502&dt=052605112254

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#2re: Tony's Preformances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:19pm

Hopefully they will be much better than last year.

I assume Pacific overtures is not performing since it is closed, correct?

I wonder if Piazza will try to showcase just Clark, or Clark and O'Hara? A medely for them, might be wise.

I also wonder if Spamalot will try to showcase Ramirez or just do Bright Side of life since a mainstream audience would know that song.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#3re: Tony's Preformances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:21pm

Don't just the 4 nominated musicals perform?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#4re: Tony's Preformances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:22pm

and the revivals. Every musical nominated in New and REvival category. And I assume, if the rule from last year applies, the show must still be open to perform.

tpdc
#5re: Tony's Preformances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 7:37pm

I'm guessing LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA will do either Statues and Stories or Say It Somehow. CHARITY will do something featuring Applegate (Brass Band or Friends). Most people think SPELLING BEE will do the opening number. LA CAGE will do something to show off the costumes, dancing and Goulet, so I'd guess they'd do what they did in 84 and do the opening. We know DRS is doing Great Big Stuff. Though closed shows haven't been able to perform in recent years, don't they usually get a brief clip from press reel footage just before the category is announced? if so, that's how PACIFIC OVERTURES would be featured. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jackman fly out over the audience in Chitty at some point in the show either.

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#6re: Tony's Preformances
Posted: 5/26/05 at 9:36pm

I'm sure no one does but...any spoilers yet as to what they have planned for Hugh's opening number as host?

It's weird...I haven't been terribly impressed with his...I always liked Rosie's...and damn do I miss Billy Crystal's openers from the oscars...I hope they have something fun planned and not just stupid and lame...

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

Videos