pixeltracker

"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

Phantom487
#0"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:27pm

Hey... I saw the matinee of Wicked yesterday, and afterwards went to the stage door. Met some really cool people... just wondering if any of you were they? Maybe we talked! LOL

After being told numberous times that the leads dont come out after matinees.... we waited for 2 1/2 hours and got EVERYONE except Idina. So never trust the dead beat at the stage door. Idina... sorry but she was totally rude. Apparetnly she went to a Yoga class between shows, and by the time she came back, there were only 3 people at the stage door... Me, my friend, and this cute little 10 yeard old girl. This little girl tapped Idina on the shoulder and asked for an autograph, and she looked at her, and just turned her head and slammed the door. Wow, kinda cruel? I mean she could have signed for this little girl. I wasnt expecting her to sign for me. And also it wasnt like there were tons of people there.... there were 3..... oh well.... Jennifer Laura Thompson was nice! lol

FindingNamo
#1re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:29pm

"we waited for 2 1/2 hours"

There's nothing more to say really. Except the door slamming story reminds me of the "I've got to get a better pen, you guys," era.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

#2re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:31pm

I know that is kinda rude, but I mean after having people swamp you 24/7 I would get frustrated and everyone has bad days.

#3re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:31pm

I know that is kinda rude, but I mean after having people swamp you 24/7 I would get frustrated and everyone has bad days. I have heard, that she is very nice though.

LadyGuenevere
#4re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:32pm

2 1/2 hours? Wow. That's all I can say.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#5re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:33pm

Sorry, sorta random, but how did you pass the time sittin' there for so long? I would have given up hours ago!

Oh Lord.

Phantom487
#6re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:34pm

Yeah... we REALLY wanted her autograph.... but no...

How did we pass the time? Well caught many of the emsamble members as they were leaving and coming back. We met alot of cool people, and had some good conversations... Updated On: 8/26/04 at 02:34 PM

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#7re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:34pm

I'm sorry about that, then. Next time.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#8re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:35pm

of course everyone has bad days, but signing autographs and having pics taken is part of the job--after all, these people paid ALOT of money to see you perform...a randon fan attack is one thing, but stage door is different...sorry to hear that, especially for a little kid..

FindingNamo
#9re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:35pm

People have bad days before yoga, not after yoga. Unless your presence was harshing her ohm.

LadyGuenevere
#10re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:36pm

Damn. Just, damn.

But if you really want her autograph, you can write her.

Lildogs, a performer does NOT have to sign anything. It's not their job. It's up to them whether they want to sign or not. They already entertained you (or hopefully tried their best to)- they don't owe you anything else. Updated On: 8/26/04 at 02:36 PM

Phantom487
#11re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:37pm

Forget wrting to her! I'm taking the doorman's advice, and writing at letter to the General Manager! He said this is not the first time people have complained about her being rude to fans!

LadyGuenevere
#12re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:38pm

Whoa, wait. Writing to the Manager?

What are they going to do? Send Idina to anger management classes? Apparently yoga doesn't work, so forget it.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#13re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:39pm

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see the point in writing to her manager. They aren't going to fire her for having an off day and not signing for three fans. If you're lucky, they might ask her to be nicer, but I doubt that will make much of a difference. Updated On: 8/26/04 at 02:39 PM

FindingNamo
#14re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:40pm

OMG do not get her fired or Edna's fans will be outside your door with torches and pitchforks.

Phantom487
#15re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:40pm

I'm not saying they're gonna do anything about it... I just think they should know. After all, I was encouraged to do this by a Gershwin Theatre employee.

FindingNamo - its clear you are not one of those fans that will be at my door... becuase if you were, you'd know her name is NOT Edna! Updated On: 8/26/04 at 02:40 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#16re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:41pm

But it's nice if they can be human. Like we all have to be at our jobs. And most of us make their weekly salary in a year.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 8/26/04 at 02:41 PM

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#17re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:43pm

i understand your argument, Lady G, but it is part of her job...just like doing promo spots, intervews, commercials, the like...of course she doesn't HAVE to sign autographs, but i'd think in a business where public opinion is paramount, i know I would never be intentionally rude to a fan...and she is paid VERY WELL for her job, especially compared to a firefighter, teacher, etc., people who almost without exception go beyond the "call of duty" so to speak...just my opinion

LadyGuenevere
#18re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:44pm

Well, yes, Idina shouldn't have slammed a door in your face, but I think that people have to move on. We run into rude people every day, unfortunately.

Let people think that Idina is a b*tch, or anything that may hurt her career in some form. It's her choice whether she wants to decline or slam a door in someone's face. Let it hurt her. The Gershwin won't really DO anything about it.

BwayTheatre11
#19re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:56pm

Performers have a lot to do between performances. They have to go about their daily lives too. I do agree that she could have atleast said hi and not have ignored her completely. I am sure Idina feels awful doing that, but maybe she has some important things to do.

CCM '10!
Updated On: 8/26/04 at 02:56 PM

Fair 2 Middlin Profile Photo
Fair 2 Middlin
#20re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 2:58pm

Absolutely Phantom487 you should write the general manager and her agent and her publicist because she didn't stop to sign an autograph for you and the other people who were waiting for her as she was coming back to work. She owes you that much, especially since you bought a ticket to see Wicked that afternoon and that naturally comes with a guarantee of an autograph and maybe a kind word and a picture and whatever else you want.
Give the woman a break. There are people outside that door EVERY show day wanting an autograph or something. Are YOU always in a good mood? I'm sure. 2&1/2 hours waiting for an autograph? Don't you have anything better to do?

Thank you so much Fair. You are such a "Bewitching" HUSSY! -(DAME 12/2)
Updated On: 8/26/04 at 02:58 PM

notsovirginmary Profile Photo
notsovirginmary
#21re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:03pm

Idina's job ends when she steps off the stage. She is criticized a lot for being quite/bitchy/cold/blahblahblah at the stage-door, but the thing is that most of the time she DOES go beyond the "call of duty" as you call it. Obviously in this case she didn't, but usually she signs for a lot of people after the show. She may not do it the way people want her to, but she does none the less.

/Warning Stage-Door Story/

I took my niece (who is eight) to see Wicked, and Idina was very sweet to her. She is very friendly and tends to think that everyone wants to be hugged(my niece- not Idina) so when it came time for Idina to sign her program she wrapped her arms around her and said "Your better then the real Wicked Witch."

For a moment I was thinking "Oh, ****," because I had heard so much about Idina being un-friendly, but she hugged her right back and said "Thank-you so much sweetie!"

/End Stage-Door Story/

"A wonky eye, you've got my friend."

Yankeefan007
#22re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:06pm

she was nice all the times ive stalked/met her

Phantom487
#23re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:06pm

You all seem to be missing the point! I'm not saying she should have signed my program... I could care less. But this 10 year old girl... who wanted it so bad... she was almost crying. Why didn't Idina just say "F**k off you little brat!"... because thats basically the attitude she gave this little girl.

I was happy with the signitures of members of the chorus! But I just can't help feeling sorry for this little girl.... Updated On: 8/26/04 at 03:06 PM

GretchaSketh
#24re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:07pm

Besides isn't it considered rude to be at the stage door before a show. I know you stayed but you were still there BEFORE the show. I have NEVER heard of her talking/signing before the show. She has a ton of things to do not to mention getting into character. It's not proper etiquette. Give the girl a break. I agree she could have said hi but remember she never even talks when she signs autographs anyway. She is extreemly shy (which seems odd for someone who is in her position). Anyway, I say give her a break and let her have a bad day. Two performances in one day is a lot.

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!

Videos