pixeltracker

Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools

Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools

EyEs In The SpotLight Profile Photo
EyEs In The SpotLight
#0Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:08am

I am Beginning my College Auditions and Searches for the Perfect Musical Theatre Program.... I was Hoping that I could get some feed back on what colleges to look at and which ones not to look at!

please let me know!
Thanks so much!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#1re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:10am

Your icon is pretty. re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#2re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:10am

NYU DUh!!!!! I'm a little bias.

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#3re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:18am

Oh sorry...
Syracuse University, Carnegie Mellon, Boston Conservatory.
There are actually a bunch of threads out there on this very same topic.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#4re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:19am

Phantom you forgot NYU

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

TiggerMee
#5re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:21am

I go to University of California, Irvine. Its not an audition only school, but it is DEFINATLY up and coming in the musical theater department and now has 4 levels of musical theater classes. There is a program called the musical theater satelite program which sends students to study in NY for one month in spring quarter on a school run program. Its really amazing.. I hope to go next year. Also the acting department is top notch and is what the school is most known for right now mainly due to the instructors. The graduate acting school is one of the best in the country. I love the undergraduate program and I feel there are many opportunities and the program is just getting better and better. Its worth checking out. UCLA is also great, but its a very different type of program, and is by audition only. hope that helps!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#6re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:23am

I must have lost my head!! HAHA

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#7re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 12:24am

there was a huge thread a few weeks ago about this same topic...you should look for it and check it out

showstopper
#8re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 8:40am

"Eyes in the spotlight" I sent you a PM on this.

aspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
#9re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 3:42pm

there was a thread that i started a few weeks ago that got lots of response, just search for it, theres alot of suggestions there

Drew7810 Profile Photo
Drew7810
#10re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 3:48pm

I was looking for a conservatory or college with a strong program in musical theatre when I was looking at undergrad schools.

Oddly enough I ended up at Denison University in Ohio, a small little liberal arts school. I loved it, and feel I am more ready now than ever for my career in theatre after graduating!

lostwallflower Profile Photo
lostwallflower
#11re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/11/04 at 6:00pm

Drew, I sent you a pm about that.

"I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber. Please don't take me to the pickle farm."- Brak

ChildOfEden Profile Photo
ChildOfEden
#12re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/12/04 at 1:00pm

I go to Wagner College, which is fabulous. The program is great, and you have extremely easy access to NYC.

Emerson College is good as well.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#13re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/12/04 at 3:11pm

the university of michigan.

broadwaybondchik Profile Photo
broadwaybondchik
#14re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:10pm

AMDA, baldwin wallace (ohio) Otterbien(ohio) Oklahoma(kristin chenowith went there)

Me tarzan nah nah nah nah....

DoReMi Profile Photo
DoReMi
#15re: Musical Theatre Colleges/Schools
Posted: 5/13/04 at 9:36pm

Wow..I asked this about an year ago. Must be around here somewhere.

As someone mentioned, Oklahoma City University is an unbelievable school. They're building a new 30 million dollar music school and you can't beat the students they turn out. here's a few I dare any other school to touch:

Kristen Chenoweth
Kelli O'Hara (of the new Wildhorn show, Light in the Piazza, Sweet Smell of Success)
Stacy Logan (Polly in PBS's Crazy For You, Beauty & The Beast, Sweet Smell)
Jordan Ballard (Rent tour, current Amber in Harispray)
Lara Teeter (Tony nom On Your Toes, 7 Brides)

www.youatocu.com

Videos