pixeltracker

Show Business - Oscar Possibilities?

Show Business - Oscar Possibilities?

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#1Show Business - Oscar Possibilities?
Posted: 8/1/07 at 6:07pm

Do you think that Show Business could be nominated for the Best Documentary Oscar? I'd like to see that (I'd like to see the movie first, though).

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#2re: Show Business - Oscar Possibilities?
Posted: 8/1/07 at 6:59pm

Does anyone know if/when this movie will be released on DVD?

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

coolkid11776
#2re: Show Business - Oscar Possibilities?
Posted: 8/1/07 at 7:02pm

As Per Video ETA
October 16th

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

TapTapTapioca
#3re: Show Business - Oscar Possibilities?
Posted: 8/1/07 at 7:12pm

The chances of it happening are non existant.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#4re: Show Business - Oscar Possibilities?
Posted: 8/1/07 at 7:19pm

Amongst the three major Broadway documentaries that we have, if any...THE GOLDEN AGE would have gotten the nod.

SHOW BUSINESS? An OSCAR nod? Not happening...

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#5re: Show Business - Oscar Possibilities?
Posted: 8/17/07 at 1:45pm

I just saw it here in Denver yesterday. It was nice to see that season documented, but the film lacked a few things. The major flaw, for me, is that they totally ignored Avenue Q's campaign for the Tony. The film almost makes it look like the little show that could. Most of us know what went on that year and it would have been nice if they had at least touched on it. They didn't even show the Golden Theater all decked out with the posters and banners before the Tonys and they didn't include the part of the acceptance speach at the Tony's where someone said something about voting your heart. Including this, for me, would have made it a more interesting documentary. This was pretty much just a backstage look at Broadway shows. However, it is nice to have it on film and I will buy the DVD. My understanding is that it will include a lot of footage that ended up on the cutting room floor. And LOVED Idina during the credits.

Just give the world Love.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#6re: Show Business - Oscar Possibilities?
Posted: 8/17/07 at 11:29pm

Available for pre-order on Amazon.

Videos