News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for James2

James2 Profile Photo
Member Name: James2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Drama League Award nominations announced  Apr 22 2024, 12:04:27 PM

The Drama League previously only nominated two performers per production, but Groff, Mendez, and Radcliffe are all nominated for Merrily.  Did they change the rule recently?

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Jan 3 2024, 10:42:35 PM

Any codes for Jelly's Last Jam?

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Aug 23 2023, 02:49:33 PM

Wayman_Wong said: "''Does anyone have a guess?''

It looks like a razor blade to me.
"

Maybe a modern-day one, but it would be too modern to fit with the other items in this design.

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Aug 23 2023, 02:01:50 PM

With this design for the tote bag and mug, I'm drawing a blank on what the object at the bottom (between the birdcage and the pie) is.  Does anyone have a guess?

Edit: I thought maybe it was the block for the gavel, but those items are spaced farther apart on the mug.

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews  Jul 6 2023, 12:35:24 PM

If Lea's role continues to have guest actresses, I dearly hope DeeDee Magno Hall plays it, too.

ALMOST FAMOUS Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Mar 3 2023, 04:11:18 PM

The digital release will have two more tracks than the CD.

2ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway  Feb 4 2023, 02:00:16 PM

Has anyone taken part in this?  Does Second Stage just send you a browser link for this, or do they have it set up to watch on a Roku or smart TV?

May you live in interesting times...  Jan 17 2023, 10:52:42 PM

I'm watching a Sopranos episode that quotes the old phrase, "May you live in interesting times."  I recall hearing that phrase before, but I'm not sure where.  I think there was a play where a character dissects that phrase and why it's his favorite curse, but I cannot think of it, and I haven't found it in a Google search regardless of how many ways I word it.  Does it sound familiar to anyone here?

Company Souvenir Program  Aug 17 2022, 12:35:28 PM

Has either Theatre Circle or One Shubert Alley been carrying this?

Tony Performances that used Dress Rehearsal video  May 22 2022, 10:18:59 AM

OhHiii said: "James2 said: "I think they use dress rehearsal footage for the category presentations. I've noticed differences, some little, some larger, between the live performance and the clip used for the category nominees.

For example, inSweet Smell of Successin 2002, John Lithgow sips from a coffee mug during the live performance and reads a piece of paper during the equivalent clip in the Best Musical presentation.
"

This is

Tony Performances that used Dress Rehearsal video  May 22 2022, 10:04:58 AM

I think they use dress rehearsal footage for the category presentations.  I've noticed differences, some little, some larger, between the live performance and the clip used for the category nominees.

For example, in Sweet Smell of Success in 2002, John Lithgow sips from a coffee mug during the live performance and reads a piece of paper during the equivalent clip in the Best Musical presentation.

Which movie musicals could Spielberg have done?  Mar 20 2022, 11:18:04 PM

South Pacific and On the Town.

I was thinking of On the Town especially last night as I listened to the Times Square Ballet.  We could use a movie that bothered to use the actual Broadway score.

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Mar 7 2022, 11:28:40 AM

For the sake of my traveling, I hope it runs concurrently with CSC's Man of No Importance.

RIP Tony Walton  Mar 3 2022, 02:22:52 PM

https://deadline.com/2022/03/tony-walton-dead-obituary-set-costume-designer-broadway-film-1234969925/

re: FIRESIDE THEATRE BOOK CLUB  Dec 13 2021, 02:48:56 PM

I've gotten some of these over the last few years from The Strand, the Flea Market, and eBay.  My two latest acquisitions arrived today - A Class Act and A Man of No Importance.  I'd love to know if there is anything close to a comprehensive list of their published works, or at least of their musical scripts.

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Dec 9 2021, 03:46:39 PM

I'm looking at Linctix for the closing weekend.  For those who have seen Sunset, would the left or the right be more opportune?

Sharon Catherine Brown going on as Caroline  Nov 16 2021, 10:59:33 PM

This evening, around 6:30, I received both an email and a phone call from Roundabout telling me Sharon Catherine Brown will be going on as Caroline at tomorrow's matinee.  I respect them for reaching out to ticketholders like this.  I thought I'd share this in case anyone wants to see S.C.B.

The Alchemist  Nov 9 2021, 12:31:43 PM

Previews started on Sunday.  Has anyone seen it yet?

https://www.thealchemist.redbulltheater.com/

Broadway: Beyond the Golden Age  Aug 15 2021, 10:08:45 PM

What did people think of this?

There were quite a few good stories, and I liked the stitched-together Ain't Misbehavin' reunion, but I was ultimately disappointed by the shows that were not mentioned at all.  No Fiddler?  No Cabaret?  Not one mention of the name Sondheim?

What musicals still need to be revived through ENCORES?  Dec 4 2020, 06:15:52 PM

Over Here! (or York Theatre could do it)

Oliver! (yes it's done regionally, but Broadway has only seen it in concert for almost 40 years)

The Full Monty (unless Roundabout gets there first)

Jelly's Last Jam

Marie Christine (with Audra again)

The Rink

Seesaw

A Time for Singing

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You