Off-Broadway Shows

B-maniac Profile Photo
B-maniac
#1Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/4/11 at 11:20pm

I'm coming to NY in 25th March and I'm planning to see 22 shows in 15 days. It's my fourth time there in 2 years, so I have seen a lot of Broadway shows.

But the only off-broadway show I saw is Avenue Q.

Considering the off-Broadway shows don't receive too much publicity, I really need your help. What are the musicals or plays that I must consider?

Suggestions?

MeggilyWeggily08 Profile Photo
MeggilyWeggily08
#2Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/4/11 at 11:23pm

Peter and the Starcatcher at the New York Theatre Workshop is absolutely fantastic. I loved every moment of it, and am hoping to go back soon. Hope you have fun on your trip!

HummingAlong
#2Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 12:08am

well meg beat me to the recommendation, but do check out peter - you'll be so happy you did!

Angels in America extended; it cuts out an opportunity for another show (or 5) but probably worth it, depending on how you feel...

B-maniac Profile Photo
B-maniac
#3Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 12:25am

Thanks for the recommendation about Peter.

I've already bought tickets for Angels in America.

More suggestions?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#4Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 12:43am

Anything at The Irish Rep/ I believe they have Molly Sweeney running now.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Cree2
#5Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 1:31am

A revival of the 1951 musical-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn will be Off Broadway from March 12-April 3. Jim Stanek will play the male lead and it should be quite good. If you like music by Lerner/Lowe and Rogers/Hammerstein-I think you might just enjoy this show.
Love, Loss, and What I Wore is also very, very good!

AEA AGMA SM
#6Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 1:47am

The Divine Sister is my recommendation for a highly enjoyable and hilarious night of Off-Broadway theatre.

B-maniac Profile Photo
B-maniac
#7Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 8:30am

Thanks, guys.

Does anybody know if there is any show playing in a non-conventional schedule, like Fuerza Bruta, that have sessions starting at 10 p.m. on Saturday?

I want to see as many (good) shows as possible 15 days.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#8Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 8:33am

100 percent The Divine Sister, best reviewed comedy play of the past 12 months

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#9Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 8:38am

The Divine Sister is indeed pretty fantastic.

Hello Again could also be a good option. I am seeing the production tonight and keeping my fingers crossed that it lives up to expectations!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#10Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 12:33pm

I wanted to see Peter & the Starcatchers this weekend but it was sold out. The other show I want to see is The Dream of the Burning Boy. I had a ticket for last night but didn't make it to the show.

Just give the world Love.

rougeduck Profile Photo
rougeduck
#11Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 6:53pm

Peter and the Starcatcher was the most magical thing I've ever seen onstage. :)

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#12Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 7:42pm

Divine Sister is fun, also The Fantasticks!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Orangesaretuesdays
#13Off-Broadway Shows
Posted: 3/5/11 at 7:46pm

Peter and the Starcatchers! I can't recommend that show enough! and though I havn't seen it I've heard nothing but good things from Baby Wants Candy (A fully improvised musical thats different every time!) Baby wants candy however has a strange schedule.

Videos