Movie Trivia

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#25Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/10/16 at 3:50pm

Yes, yes, and absolutely not.

Ok, here goes:

I'm thinking of three actresses.

The first once played her own paternal grandmother in a big screen biopic.

The second recently played the famously fictionalized version of the first actress's maternal great grandmother on stage.

The third is the first's actress's daughter, who has her mother's last name and her mother's mother's first name, and is perhaps best known for her role on a current tv series.

Name the three actresses, the movie the first appeared in as her own grandmother, the play the second recently appeared in, and the tv series the third appeared in.

Updated On: 8/10/16 at 03:50 PM

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#26Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/10/16 at 4:31pm

Wow!  Not even attempting to unravel that mystery.  Bye Bye Birdie, whatever.  Pissed West side Story beat Judgement at Nuremberg.  I'm sure there are experts who will try to unravel how old you are Heinrich.

Stephanatic

henrikegerman
#27Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/10/16 at 4:41pm

I'm ageless - actually I'm just a bit older than you, South Fla.  Ben-Hur and Sound of Music/Fiorello.  Should have been Anatomy of a Murder and Gypsy.

South Florida
#28Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/10/16 at 4:49pm

You're in your 50's still, congratulations you'll be 60 soon.

Stephanatic

henrikegerman
#29Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/10/16 at 4:51pm

Thanks.  But let's not rush anything.  Still got four years til then.

South Florida
#30Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/10/16 at 4:58pm

Did a job for an actress the other day, she's 46, lives in Miami, has a smoking hot hard little body, and was in TV series and movies.  She's English.  She was in a TV series that had the word blood in it.

Stephanatic

South Florida
#31Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/10/16 at 5:11pm

German, "Anatomy of a Murder", does not cross the threshold of atrocities.  I was a kid when I first saw that movie and I always suspected a scam.  Judgement at Nuremberg was intense.

Stephanatic

South Florida
#32Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/10/16 at 5:32pm

The whole story behind getting the performance out of Montgomery Clift, intense.  Lancas

ter, Tracy, Widmark,....  This movie lost to lip psynched crap.  I have a problem with synch.

Stephanatic
Updated On: 8/10/16 at 05:32 PM

South Florida
#33Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/10/16 at 5:38pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNEfFmSnPTA

Stephanatic

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#34Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/16/16 at 7:18am

South Florida said: "Do you know for a fact what won the best movie and musical the year you were born?  And do you agree?"

IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT won the Best Picture Oscar the year I was born. It was a well deserved win.

HALLELUJAH, BABY! won the Best Musical Tony the year I was born - - - not at all familiar with the actual show as a whole - - - just the score. So I don't know if it deserved the award over the other nominees which were: THE HAPPY TIME, HOW NOW DOW JONES and ILYA DARLING!

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#35Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/16/16 at 12:10pm

Give us the answer, henrik - I'm stumped!

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

hork Profile Photo
hork
#36Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/16/16 at 12:13pm

Wait, are we talking about which movie won in the year we were born, or for the year we were born? These answers would be different if it's the latter. I'll defer to South FL since he asked the question. Mine is The Godfather Part II, which is good, but I think Chinatown, Lenny, and The Conversation were all more worthy (in fact, those are my three favorites of that year).

Musicals it's Raisin, which whatever. I have no idea if it deserved it over Seesaw and Over Here!.

Updated On: 8/16/16 at 12:13 PM

Jay Lerner-Z
#37Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/16/16 at 12:49pm

SF's question isn't really trivia, though, is it?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

henrikegerman
#38Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/16/16 at 1:03pm

"Jay Lerner-Z said: "Give us the answer, henrik - I'm stumped!"

Geraldine Chaplin, Jessica Lange, Oona Chaplin: Chaplin, Long Day's Journey Into Night, Game of Thrones.

What might make this trivia thread more fun would be six degrees of Kevin Bacon - if anyone wants to throw out two names.

"

Updated On: 8/16/16 at 01:03 PM

Jay Lerner-Z
#39Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/16/16 at 1:52pm

Thanks, I went up a few dead ends in my head, but I wouldn't have gotten that one.

What might make this trivia thread more fun would be six degrees of Kevin Bacon - if anyone wants to throw out two names.

Hm, is the objective to get the shortest route between two actors or to string it out?

How about Ingrid Bergman/Jim Carrey?

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#40Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/16/16 at 2:25pm

henrikegerman said: "What might make this trivia thread more fun would be six degrees of Kevin Bacon - if anyone wants to throw out two names."

Just for giggles...

If anyone is listed on http://www.abouttheartists.com, or (as in my case) another actor has included you in his/her credits, you can play their online version, "Six Degrees of Theatre...".  In six steps, you'll be linked to another actor from any number of currently popular TV shows, the recent Tony winners, or movies.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#41Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/16/16 at 3:05pm

Wow, I never would have gotten that. I didn't even know who that Game of Thrones actress was. Interesting.

henrikegerman
#42Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/16/16 at 3:24pm

How about Ingrid Bergman/Jim Carrey?

Ingrid Bergman was in A Matter of Time with Isabella Rossellini who
 was in Fearless with Rosie Perez who was in In Living Color with Jim Carrey 

That's the shortest I could come up with (which, yes, seems a better object than stringing it out)

But wait I can connect through just one person:

Bergman was in Gaslight with Angela Lansbury who was in Mr. Popper's Penguins with Jim Carrey.

I challenge:  Saoirse Ronan/Orson Welles

Updated On: 8/16/16 at 03:24 PM

hork Profile Photo
hork
#43Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/16/16 at 5:27pm

Saorise Ronan was in The Grand Budapest Hotel with Bob Balaban who was in Catch-22 with Orson Welles. 

henrikegerman
#44Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/17/16 at 5:01pm

Good job, Hork.  BTW I had another way in mind (through Vanessa Redgrave from Atonement to A Man for All Seasons).

South Florida
#45Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/17/16 at 5:26pm

As much as I like theater and movies and love this thread, you guys are too good.  I'll enjoy reading, thanks Henrike.

Stephanatic

ArtMan
#46Movie Trivia
Posted: 8/18/16 at 9:30am

South Florida, I'm not sure if your post about the actress was trivia, but I'm curious who you were talking about.  The one you did work for.

Videos