PalJoey
#25In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/19/16 at 5:36pm

In Praise of Russia

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#26In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/19/16 at 5:44pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Right. Supporting the incoming President of the United States and wanting the best for my country is disturbing. Tell me more, Mr. Panderer. 

Wanting the best for the country would be ensuring anyone other than Asshole is sworn in. Glad you finally admitted to supporting a fascist though, Kiddo!

Updated On: 12/19/16 at 05:44 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#27In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/19/16 at 6:08pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again—your intolerance for the beliefs held by anybody with whom you disagree is precisely why Hillary and the Democrats lost big this year. Keep it up.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#28In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/19/16 at 6:21pm

No, I will not "tolerate" the beliefs of those who are intolerant. I will not "tolerate" those who want to ban Muslims from the country, I will not "tolerate" those who want to build walls, I will not "tolerate" those who brush off comments like "grab 'me by the ****" as locker room talk, I will not "tolerate" those who make fun of the disabled, I will not "tolerate" those who refuse to rule out the use of nuclear weapons, I will not "tolerate" those who claim to know more about mid-East politics than the generals, I will not "tolerate" those who an incoming "president" who believes daily intelligence briefings are redundant, I will not tolerate a "president" whose vice-president believes in conversion therapy, I will not "tolerate" a man who flies off the handle because of a tweet, I will not "tolerate" a man who wants there to be "consequences" for those that disagree with him, I will not "tolerate" a man who refuses to acknowledge that the Russians hacked the American election, and I will not tolerate a man in the Oval Office who sees immigrants as a greater threat than Vladimir Putin. 

Once again, when confronted with all of those facts (and I could keep going), I ask you to please explain your support for this asshole and justify each of these actions. This is who you supported. This is who you voted for. Now explain why. 

Updated On: 12/31/16 at 06:21 PM

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#29In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/19/16 at 6:25pm

"No, I will "tolerate" the beliefs of those who are intolerant. I will not "tolerate" those who want to ban Muslims from the country, I will not "tolerate" those who want to build walls, I will not "tolerate" those who brush off comments like "grab 'me by the ****" as locker room talk, I will not "tolerate" those who make fun of the disabled, I will not "tolerate" those who refuse to rule out the use of nuclear weapons, I will not "tolerate" those who claim to know more about mid-East politics than the generals, I will not "tolerate" those who an incoming "president" who believes daily intelligence briefings are redundant, I will not tolerate a "president" whose vice-president believes in conversion therapy, I will not "tolerate" a man who flies off the handle because of a tweet, I will not "tolerate" a man who wants there to be "consequences" for those that disagree with him, I will not "tolerate" a man who refuses to acknowledge that the Russians hacked the American election, and I will not tolerate a man in the Oval Office who sees immigrants as a greater threat than Vladimir Putin. 

Once again, when confronted with all of those facts (and I could keep going), I ask you to please explain your support for this asshole and justify each of these actions. This is who you supported. This is who you voted for. Now explain why."

I agree with this 100%.  Thank you for posting.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#30In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/19/16 at 6:33pm

Captain Greer you rock.  Although I'm somehow concerned that you're another incarnation of 60's TV stars that are under suspicion.

Stephanatic

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#31In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/19/16 at 8:47pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again—your intolerance for the beliefs held by anybody with whom you disagree is precisely why Hillary and the Democrats lost big this year. 

You're absolutely right!  We should have displayed far MORE intolerance to more closely model the long-standing GOP platform and the behavior of the Precedent Erect.  We just didn't go far enough.  Clearly, the right feel they own intolerance.  Well, they actually don't and they shouldn't feign to clutch the pearls when faced with it.  This isn't intolerance.  You need to study your party's historical playbook a little more closely.  Or better yet, go ask your fellow supporters like the White Supremacists and the KKK.  Then get back to us on what you call "intolerance".

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 12/19/16 at 08:47 PM

BroadwayConcierge
#32In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/19/16 at 8:53pm

Right. You still lost.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#33In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/19/16 at 9:40pm

What is it you like to say?  "Keep it up".  Show us that model of right-wing tolerance.  I just didn't enough of it the past 8 years.  I don't think I got any of it, come to think of it.  Keep it up.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#34In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/19/16 at 10:35pm

Once again he doesn't answer a single one of my questions. Typical right-winger. 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#35In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/20/16 at 6:57pm

So, Petra? Did your boy Vladimir STAGE the ambassador's assassination?

AOL NEWS: Theory claims Russian ambassador assassination was fake

BroadwayConcierge
#36In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/21/16 at 1:14am

adamgreer said: "Once again he doesn't answer a single one of my questions. Typical right-winger."

You continue to think I owe you an answer. I owe you zip.

And, once again, PJ's back at it with the Petra obsession. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#37In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/21/16 at 8:40am

BroadwayConcierge said: "adamgreer said: "Once again he doesn't answer a single one of my questions. Typical right-winger."

You continue to think I owe you an answer. I owe you zip.

And, once again, PJ's back at it with the Petra obsession. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

No, it's because you have no explanation and refuse to admit that you're a racist,  xenophobic, homophobic, bigoted child. 

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#38In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/21/16 at 9:11am

BroadwayConcierge said: "And, once again, PJ's back at it with the Petra obsession. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

" Right? He is like that creepy man in the gym. Out of nowhere then always on the stairmaster behind you, or next to you in Yoga Class

In Praise of Russia

When They Go Low, I Go High
Updated On: 12/21/16 at 09:11 AM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#39In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/21/16 at 10:47am

I agree with you, Adamgreer.  None of the protests or plans of action are because we lost. We aren't just dealing with another Bush or someone like Kasich getting into office.  We have hate groups and dangerous dictators supporting our incoming president.  He whines so much about the media. But hey, if sitting back and doing nothing while things go down the toilet floats your boat,  go right ahead. Just don't get mad if Trump does things you are against because you should just "get over it."

And it's hilarious how others choose to explain things because it is the intelligent thing to do. Now I know I don't have to debate nicely to BroadwayConcierge.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#40In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/21/16 at 12:00pm

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#41In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/21/16 at 12:43pm

PalJoey said: " 

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

The Police! Every Breath You Take! Love that song. I had such a crush on Sting when I was in high school. As a matter of fact I still do. xoxo
Updated On: 12/21/16 at 12:43 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#42In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/21/16 at 1:54pm

Don't bother sucking up to me, CarlosTrumperto. I'm over you.

The Glenbuck Laird Profile Photo
The Glenbuck Laird
#43In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/21/16 at 4:01pm

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

"

YouTube 'Every Bomb You Make'. A British tv satire programme with puppets. Comedy genius that launched the career of several British comedians.

Anyway, two days before the programme went out some in Spitting Image production asked do we need Stings permission. Sting is tracked down to LA and not only gives permission but says I'll record it for you if you send the lyrics. One of the all time great tv moments this. Sting later wished he had written this version.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#44In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/21/16 at 5:32pm

Don't bother sucking up to me, CarlosTrumperto. I'm over you.

Girl. get over yourself I wouldn't suck you or suck up to you. I was commenting on your Police lyrics but wasn't responding directly to you.

So again:  GET OVER YOURSELF.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#45In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/21/16 at 11:11pm

Natalie Wood called again, this time with Gene Kelly on the line. They were both staunch lifelong Democrats and they would like you to take their picture down.

brdlwyr
#46In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/22/16 at 11:53am

In Praise of Russia

Petralicious
#47In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/31/16 at 9:23am

Devastating expose on the fake Russian Hack story Obama (and obsessed Paljoey) is pushing by a conservative rag. Oh wait, its from Rolling Stone!

Nearly a decade and a half after the Iraq-WMD faceplant, the American press is again asked to co-sign a dubious intelligence assessment

The problem with this story is that, like the Iraq-WMD mess, it takes place in the middle of a highly politicized environment during which the motives of all the relevant actors are suspect. Nothing quite adds up.

If the American security agencies had smoking-gun evidence that the Russians had an organized campaign to derail the U.S. presidential election and deliver the White House to Trump, then expelling a few dozen diplomats after the election seems like an oddly weak and ill-timed response. Voices in both parties are saying this now.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/something-about-this-russia-story-stinks-w458439

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#48In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/31/16 at 9:57am

What does Bourdain say?

Stephanatic

Petralicious
#49In Praise of Russia
Posted: 12/31/16 at 10:06am

Instead of a dopey post, why dont you read the expose. Its from famously liberal source and see if there is something that might open your eyes like this from it:

Adding to the problem is that in the last months of the campaign, and also in the time since the election,  we've  seen an epidemic of factually loose, clearly politically motivated reporting about Russia. Democrat-leaning pundits have been unnervingly quick to use phrases like "Russia hacked the election. 

We ought to have learned from the Judith Miller episode. Not only do governments lie, they won't hesitate to burn news agencies. In a desperate moment, they'll use any sucker they can find to get a point across.

Videos