iPhone 6

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#50iPhone 6
Posted: 9/20/14 at 8:21am

Gorgeous big screen and yet the Broadway World app font is still too small to read the message board list without constant "un-pinching". A real pain for those of us who only check out the board on our phones.

On a more serious note . . . don't be nervous if you upgrade to an iPhone 6 (or just to IOS8 on your current iPhone iteration) and suddenly can't find the pictures taken on your phone. The photos app no longer has a "camera roll" with those pics. Instead, they can all be found by choosing the "photos" option on the bottom of the screen and scrolling by date, or choosing the "albums" option and selecting "recently added" for those pics taken in the last x number of days. This is only relevant to photos in the camera roll that have never been organized into folders.

Many people have boatloads of pics in the old camera roll that have never been categorized. This is going to cause a lot of panic when people think their pics were lost in the upgrade. All those Grindr selfies took a lot of time to compose.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#50iPhone 6
Posted: 9/20/14 at 12:12pm

I really like the way it fits in my hand. I still haven't figured out a lot of it. Like the thing where if it is on your computer or iPad you can continue working on it on your phone. Going to spend some time today with the video tutorials. And yes.. The BWW app,is long in need of a revamp.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#51iPhone 6
Posted: 9/21/14 at 12:14pm

Picked up my 64gb silver 6 yesterday. I had pre-ordered it from the Upper West Side store. On Friday, the line just to pick up the pre-orders was never less than an hour and a half long... but yesterday, I was in and out of the store in 15 minutes. It took longer for the staff to give it to me and activate it than it took to wait to be helped.

It's sleek and does feel great to hold and use. It's also lightning fast.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#52iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 11:56am

I am pretty happy with mine. Who got? Who didn't? I am still case shopping. Any suggestions?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#53iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 1:05pm

Groupon put out something for iPhone 6 cases yesterday.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#54iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 2:10pm

I saw that. ABC news had done a thing on cases a few months ago. They talked about a brand called Otter.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#55iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 2:14pm

Oh, sorry. I just saw that and didn't know if that's what you could be looking for.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#56iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 2:17pm

I have the Otter Box Defender for my 4S.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#57iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 2:51pm

I am thinking of getting it for the 6. You were happy with it P?

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#58iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 3:01pm

I used to have an Otter Box. They are great if you are really really rough on your phone. The problem is they add so much bulk that with a 6 or 6 plus it would be pretty unwieldy.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#59iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 3:16pm

I don't know the brand of what I had on my old 4s. But it was good. Just a rubbery clear green cover. I could easily pop the phone out of it. In 3 years I never once dropped the 4S.. so I don't know if it is just luck or a good case. Some of the cases are so expensive.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#60iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 3:22pm

I drop mine all the time, so it was a good investment for me. They do add bulk - especially the one on my iPad mini - but again, I'm a dropper, so it's worth it.

Updated On: 9/30/14 at 03:22 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#61iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 3:26pm

Trident cases are good for smartphone. That's what I have for my android. You can get them cheaper on amazon than their website. And as long as you can provide proof of where you bought it, there is a 1 year warranty if the case breaks unexpectedly. I like it because it isn't so bulky. And I have accidentally dropped my phone a few times on hard floors and once on the sidewalk and no damage at all.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#62iPhone 6
Posted: 9/30/14 at 3:26pm

I think I am ordering one right now.

Videos