News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Member Name: Rumpelstiltskin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 8 2024, 09:48:59 AM

I was there last night as well. I thought it was a powerful production with several memorable performances, enjoyable and occasionally thrilling choreography, and a strong score, that was let down by a weak script. There were too many plot points that felt either cringey or false. I don't want to fill the thread with spoilers, so I'll focus on the one I can't get past.

Click Here T

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 1 2024, 05:46:48 PM

dramamama611 said: "
Here is the program they handed out at The Armory.

Because of Playbill limitations, you get it as a separate booklet...and has some different info. Enjoy
"

Much appreciated dmama.

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 1 2024, 12:08:21 PM

djoko84 said: "I would 100% read the journal they give out in the Playbill before the show. It definitely helps set up what you're about to see. The ironic thing is Cabaret tells you to come early for the pre-show entertainment, which I couldn't care less about, but you really should go early to Illinoise to have time to read the journal."

Is there a copy of the journal available online?  I’d love to digest it before heading to the th

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 22 2024, 08:56:41 PM

ColorTheHours048 said: "I think the producers of this show are pricing more goodseats at affordable rates, which is smart of them. Wish more shows had cheap seats in actually solid seating locations like this one does."

Appreciate the quick reply, and thankful for great seats at a very reasonable price!  

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 22 2024, 07:38:55 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing this in May based on all the positive recommendations in this thread. Can someone please explain why seats in row M are $244 each while seats in the very next row are only $99 a piece. Is there a mezzanine overhang blocking the view? Bedbug infestation? Guarantee of Marge Simpson hairdo directly in front? Thanks.  

SUFFS Previewsabout th  Apr 18 2024, 06:46:44 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I’m really curious why they don’t have Hillary Clinton doing a preshow announcement for this show. It seems like it would be a given for her to do it, especially since they don’t even have one at this point."

And Malala. What a pair!  My respect for the production grew exponentially when I heard who would be producing. 

Dream Two Show Day  Apr 17 2024, 08:29:33 PM

The OBC’s of Evita and Sunday in the Park with George.  I’ll leave it up to Mandy Patinkin to negotiate starring in two major musicals at the same time.  

Honorable Mention to the OBC’s of Dreamgirls and Come From Away, each thrilling in very different ways.

In between I would eat at Zen Palate, the wonderful Asian vegan restaurant in the theater district that is no longer around.  Loved that place.  Big loss when it closed.  <

Just a thank you  Apr 12 2024, 11:43:02 PM

Thank you for your post Dmama.  With all the ugly around us in the world today, a moment of civility and gratitude is honored and appreciated.

THE WIZ Previews  Apr 7 2024, 02:21:14 PM

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 5 2024, 03:31:04 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I had forgotten Eddie and Gayle were only in this until 8/31. Wonder if all future casting pairs will be “shorter” stunts like this."

So was that an intentional "stunt" or a mistyped "stint"?  The power of one vowel to change the entire meaning.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 5 2024, 11:18:05 AM

dramamama611 said: "That works, but only if the staff allows it.
If not, I might just pull it off once I'm seated.
"

That’s what seems so silly about this solution. Anyone hell bent on taking pictures and/or recording is going to pull off the tape. Anyone concerned about leaving residue on their phone is going to remove the tape. Anyone oblivious to this entire conversation is going to take their phone home and be pissed when they realize the after

In Ear Monitors  Mar 31 2024, 10:34:18 PM

Many thanks for the replies.  It’s fascinating to learn how everything comes together.

In Ear Monitors  Mar 31 2024, 01:58:29 PM

trpguyy said: " . . . There is also the fact that performers have very different opinions on what they like to hear, and catering to everybody’s needs/wants is not always possible with traditional monitors. In ear monitors allow for much more individual control."

Interesting   Can you explain the differences in what performers might want to hear?  

Who Deserves the Next Lifetime Achievement Tony Award?  Mar 30 2024, 10:25:19 PM

I have enjoyed Andre De Shields on stage in starring and featured roles for 45 years.  He's brought a brilliant cocktail of class and sensuality to every part he's played.  He gets my vote.  

What Is The Best Way To Resell A Broadway Show Ticket?  Mar 30 2024, 10:17:36 PM

gibsons2 said: "All your questions are answered right before you publish a listing on the app. You will receive money a few business days after the show, given there are no issues with your ticket. I personally only listed my tickets once i was able to immediately transfer. Stubhub works the same. You need to upload a pdf file of your ticket or transfer it directly to the buyer via email. Stubhub doesn't handle everything. You still must directly contact a buyer for some tickets

What Is The Best Way To Resell A Broadway Show Ticket?  Mar 30 2024, 05:16:24 PM

Hey all - can someone please explain the process by which we sell shows on Theatr?  I see that I list ticket details and wait for notification that they were (hopefully) sold.  If I am selling a ticket purchased from Telecharge that won’t be issued to me until two weeks before the show, what happens between now and the date I receive the tickets?  Does the buyer pay me or the service?  Why would they risk paying a stranger for something that can’t be consummate

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 29 2024, 09:24:45 PM

Kad said: "Her being involved does not preclude her placing restrictions on how the production can use the artwork. Since the paintings aren’t being featured in ads or on merchandise, it’s not a leap to assume such restrictions may exist."

One day history will recognize this as the missed marketing opportunity that proved fatal to the production.  For the majority of us who recognize the artwork but not the artist, and hear "Lempicka" and t

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 23 2024, 10:50:45 PM

Jordan - Are you sure you're not still suffering from BTSD* when Eden Espinosa appears on the stage?

(*Brooklyn Traumatic Stress Disorder of course.)

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  Mar 18 2024, 10:18:49 AM

What to do on a Monday??  Mar 16 2024, 06:31:30 PM

I started a similar thread a few weeks ago and got a lot of helpful advice. Here’s a reply from Broadway Bob that steered me toward all available options. May be helpful to you as well.

Broadway Bob* said: "Check out this site: http://www.newyorkcitytheatre.com/
You can search by date and it will list most of the on-stage events happening for that day. I have found it quite useful in the past for finding "odd" time performances! Good luck!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You