News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Member Name: Rumpelstiltskin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 17 2024, 10:09:22 AM

Kad said: "I still find it odd they’re not clearly marketing this as part one of two."

Help me understand your thought process here.  To me, there’s no reason to mention it.  The built-in mega-audience comprised of those wanting to share the movie with their kids after having first experienced the musical as tweens and Ariana Grande’s seventy gazillion social media followers are going to see the film regardless and likely already

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 10 2024, 08:40:54 AM

I think about this thread often because I live in Houston and our real feel summer temperatures hover in the neighborhood of 110. It's hot as hell (and at the moment most of us don't have electricity after the storm, but that's a topic for another thread). People tend to dress more conservatively at the big theaters that support touring shows than they do in New York. That said, there is a sizable contingency, myself included, that wear shorts or whatever else it takes to be

West End's Last 5 Years?
 Jun 30 2024, 10:35:58 PM

I'm responsible for roughly half of the audition video's 1.7M views.  Love this.  

Jimmy Awards tonight 6/24 at the Minskoff
 Jun 24 2024, 10:56:36 PM

Jimmy Awards tonight 6/24 at the Minskoff
 Jun 24 2024, 10:55:30 PM

Hell's Kitchen cast cd
 Jun 20 2024, 08:28:34 PM

Friday, July 26

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:03:59 PM

Wow.  Loving the love for Outsiders.   

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jun 13 2024, 08:15:27 AM

Jon M. Chu on X - Wicked trailer reaction

This is sort of adorable.

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 12 2024, 10:52:10 AM

JSquared2 said: "So you're saying that Broadway shows that are performing on the Tonys should bring in ‘ringers’ to deceive the viewers about what they'll actually be seeing in the theater? Should they have Alicia Keys do the HK number?"

I know you’re kidding, but there’s certainly precedent to your hypothetical …   e.g., Dolly Parton (9 to 5), Elton John (Billy Elliot), Poison (Rock of Ages), Sara Bareilles (Wait

Songs from shows that might work in church
 Jun 11 2024, 10:32:43 AM

SkidRow82 said: "You Walk with Me - The Full Monty"

Seconded.  The song works on so many different levels.  My favorite performance was at a gay wedding.  In a church.  Surrounded by supportive friends and family.  Everyone there felt the song spoke directly to them.

THE WIZ 2024 Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 10 2024, 07:15:02 AM

THE WIZ 2024 Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 10 2024, 07:14:16 AM

Anyone happen to have an extra single ticket for Merrily next week?
 Jun 6 2024, 10:33:31 AM

Check the Theatr app early and often every day.  I've noticed several last minute Merrily tickets available due to the crazy weather conditions in the south shutting down airports and canceling flights.  Theatr app rules stipulate that tickets can be sold for no more than face value (to which they tack on a reasonable fee) so there's the potential to stumble on one at an affordable price.  

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 May 30 2024, 07:38:41 AM

Patti, Bernadette, and Bette, as Mazeppa, Electra, and Tessie Tura.   Make it happen.

TODAY Show “Best of Broadway” Week 2024
 May 13 2024, 04:33:44 PM

Really enjoyed reliving the performances but boy that initial chatter is painful.

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 12 2024, 04:37:23 PM

I'm glad I saw this. It lived up to the expectations I had from reading this thread and other social media posts. I thought the characters were clearly defined and deftly performed. I can justify its many Tony nominations.

That said, I wouldn't be comfortable recommending it to anyone without qualifications. During the first half I had the sense that people were squirming in their seats and looking for a clock. In my party of four, two left at intermission because of some varia

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 8 2024, 09:48:59 AM

I was there last night as well. I thought it was a powerful production with several memorable performances, enjoyable and occasionally thrilling choreography, and a strong score, that was let down by a weak script. There were too many plot points that felt either cringey or false. I don't want to fill the thread with spoilers, so I'll focus on the one I can't get past.

Click Here T

ILLINOISE Reviews
 May 1 2024, 05:46:48 PM

dramamama611 said: "
Here is the program they handed out at The Armory.

Because of Playbill limitations, you get it as a separate booklet...and has some different info. Enjoy
"

Much appreciated dmama.

ILLINOISE Reviews
 May 1 2024, 12:08:21 PM

djoko84 said: "I would 100% read the journal they give out in the Playbill before the show. It definitely helps set up what you're about to see. The ironic thing is Cabaret tells you to come early for the pre-show entertainment, which I couldn't care less about, but you really should go early to Illinoise to have time to read the journal."

Is there a copy of the journal available online?  I’d love to digest it before heading to the th

STEREOPHONIC Previews
 Apr 22 2024, 08:56:41 PM

ColorTheHours048 said: "I think the producers of this show are pricing more goodseats at affordable rates, which is smart of them. Wish more shows had cheap seats in actually solid seating locations like this one does."

Appreciate the quick reply, and thankful for great seats at a very reasonable price!  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You