pixeltracker

Hillary Clinton officially launching her presidential run on Sunday- Page 6

Hillary Clinton officially launching her presidential run on Sunday

FindingNamo
#125Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 1:52pm

You want people to evolve.  That's the best case scenario.  And gay activists worked long and hard to help create a space in which it was no longer political suicide to do the right thing for gay people.

Wonder what the 'band was doing during all that time?  Certainly not contributing, probably criticizing.  

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Gothampc
#126Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 1:52pm

"Why do you think she would need to steal some grocery store's logo?"

I dunno. Why did she steal all that stuff out of the White House?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#127Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 2:00pm

Touche Jay!  You're not nearly as bad as me.

Stephanatic

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#129Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 2:23pm

So, what's the big deal? Wall Street loves Hillary almost as much as Big Pharma and the insurance companies love Obama.

No politician is 100 percent good. If they were, they wouldn't be politicians. (They'd be schoolteachers. Right, Erik?)

You don't vote for someone because of what's wrong with them. You vote because of what's RIGHT about them.

(And because of what's wrong about their opponents!)

Updated On: 4/13/15 at 02:23 PM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#130Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 2:26pm

Well I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Obama since I didn't vote for him in 2012 either. 

And the whole "no candidate is going to be 100% good" is kind of silly. Of course no candidate is going to be 100% good.

For me the bad of Clinton far outweighs the good. 

FindingNamo
#131Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 2:31pm

I'm looking forward to in-depth discussions here and in real life with Erik and others as the next two arduous years play out.  But we have to be clear about calling out do-nothings who go on and on and on about how "we" have to "take our country back" but never do anything practical to make that come about because they're only interested in relentless grandstanding while hiding their true agendas.  Flat tax.  It is to laugh.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#132Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 3:32pm

From what I can tell, here are our options:

Madame President Hillary Clinton, who was a First Lady, then a Senator, then Secretary of State, who has come under scrutiny for every decision she has ever made, from her hair, outfits, to homes, and emails. She's either a raging alcoholic or on really good meds because she hasn't let any of the negativity affect her public persona. She puts up with constant BS from the right, who never shuts up about Benghazi and the emails. 

or 

Any number of white men, some of them only recognized because of their Tea Party affiliations, or because they are sons of old white men politicians. They are all the same: Women hating, anti marriage equality, anti-immigrants, ammo-sexuals, theocrats, anti-healthcare, pro-war, pro-family, but only if you want the 1950s family. 

Cruz, Rubio, Santorum, etc, wouldn't last a day if they had to handle the 24/7 scrutiny that Clinton has had to face. 

I can't wait until I get to vote for Hillary. 

I also agree that Warren is going to be a much better Senator than President, at least for now. 

I'm also already gearing up for Newsom, once he gets bored with being Governor of CA. Once Harris joins Capitol Hill, and Newsom, with Clinton as Pres, it'll be the end of the Republican party. 

There's been no talk of this, but I would love for Mayor Parker, out of Houston, to run as Texas Gov. 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#133Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 3:48pm

ammo-sexuals

That's brilliant. Did you just make that up?

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#134Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 3:52pm

And then, of course, you can always vote for Republican Carly Fiorina, whose response to Hillary's video was:

"I'm not running because I'm a woman. The facts are I am a woman. I've never been a token in my life."

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#135Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 3:54pm

No. And implying that's the only other choice is just another straw man argument.

FindingNamo
#136Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:03pm

Still, this is only the beginning.  The (far too early, far too tedious, far too monetarily wasteful) beginning.

It's time to make it clear here that we are willing to discuss things in good faith and not deal with trolling trolls who despite all evidence to the contrary exclaim "THEY ARE ALL EXACTLY THE SAME THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE, SOMEBODY'S PAST BEHAVIOR BEYOND WHICH THEY HAVE EVOLVED IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS SOMEBODY ELSE'S CURRENT BEHAVIOR."

So that means no discussing this stuff with the 'band, who eliminated the possibility of good faith dialogue AGES AGO.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#137Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:08pm

I *wish* I could claim "ammo-sexuals", but I can't. 

Personally, I want nationwide marriage equality. I want a nationwide healthcare program that works for everyone. I want higher minimum wage. I want women to have the right to choose what works best for them. I want less war. I want nationwide education standards, not state-by-state mandates. I want better sex education. I want religion out of the government. I want to end the war on drugs. I want to legalize pot. We should take better care of those less fortunate, like the elderly, the young, the poor, the impoverished. America should also take better care of its vets.

I will align what I want with what the nominees want, regardless of party, race, or sex.

I'm an Atheist, but sometimes I feel like I'm a better Christian than most people I know.

Liza's Headband
#138Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:20pm

^ If that list is accurate, you definitely don't want to vote for ANY of the Presidential candidates. Including Hillary Clinton. She is against legalizing marijuana, she voted in support of numerous "freedom of religion" laws, and she has done nothing but pander to Wall Street cronies over the last eight years. Those cronies will guarantee her substantial donations and kickbacks/perks in exchange for her assurance that she will not take on income inequality and the oversight of bank spending, lending, etc. 

FindingNamo
#139Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:27pm

STOP.

No one is going to engage with somebody who claims to think a flat tax will help the poor.  Just stop.

Liza's Headband
#140Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:30pm

I DON'T SUPPORT THE FLAT TAX, DUMBASS. I support the FairTax. 

Liza's Headband
#141Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:35pm

But yeah, go ahead and support the current burdensome tax code which allows many wealthy individuals to utilize loopholes and deductions to avoid paying their "fair share," thus putting more pressure on the lower and middle class. 

P.S. Did you know a certain someone just recently approved a sizable tax credit/deduction for Yacht owners? I think it was in New York, maybe? And it was passed by a Governor, I think. But I just cannot seem to recall which political party he's a member of. Oh, wait. No, I do. It was Gov Andrew Cuomo (D). Income inequality is real and heavily supported by many "progressives," who wish to continue sucking off the teet of Wall Street. Such as Hillary Clinton. 

FindingNamo
#142Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:41pm

STOP.

Go change the world.  You do NOTHING by bitching at people here about how you're right and they're wrong.

NOTHING.

Yammering at people to do something is not the same as doing something.

Updated On: 4/13/15 at 04:41 PM

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#143Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:50pm

How strange that they're all the same and (therefore) all deserve the same level of condemnation and scrutiny, yet of the four who have announced, only Hillary is receiving the blunt end of the stick here.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

FindingNamo
#144Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:51pm

That IS strange, isn't it?

Liza's Headband
#145Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:58pm

If anyone starts a thread in support of those Republican dumbasses, I'll be there too highlighting their faults and flaws and hypocrisies. Not my fault that everyone is circle-jerking over a Wall Street mistress.

FindingNamo
#146Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 5:02pm

You really overuse the words and phrases "dumbasses" and "POS." You really can't carry off brospeak.

So, other than browbeat a community wherein you have no credibility through no fault but your own, what EXACTLY have you done to bring about the change you want to see?  You know, the "we" and the "take back our country" parts?  Oh, nothing? Well, moving on.

I really like Vulture's 8 Songs Hillary Clinton Should Use on the Campaign Trail

Updated On: 4/13/15 at 05:02 PM

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#147Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 5:03pm

1. This thread was not started “in support of” Hillary Clinton. It was a post about the announcement.

2. You had a chance to do lots of railing against the GOP candidates here just a scant two weeks ago, and look how quiet you were.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1079987&boardname=off&boardid=2&page=1

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES
Updated On: 4/13/15 at 05:03 PM

FindingNamo
#148Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 5:10pm

^^^^^  Bad news, the 'band's credibility ratings have dropped to unprecedented negative numbers with zero margin for error.

[private to growl: Here's where the 'band will probably go on and on about having a life beyond an anonymous message board blah blah blah diddy blah blah blah]

Updated On: 4/13/15 at 05:10 PM

Gothampc
#149Hillary Clinton officially announcing her presidential run on Sunday
Posted: 4/13/15 at 5:12pm

"She's either a raging alcoholic or on really good meds because she hasn't let any of the negativity affect her public persona."

Except for that time when she was being questioned by Congress about the deaths of an Ambassador and three other men and she screamed "What difference, at this point, does that make?"

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Videos