pixeltracker

89th Academy Awards Thread- Page 6

89th Academy Awards Thread

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#12589th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 10:51pm

I agree this has been an egceptional bore. ( they usually are but this is just sooo slooow)

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#12689th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 10:58pm

I really didn't care for Jackie and I personally wouldn't give Portman her second Oscar for that role.  I felt like the idea had great potential, but was poorly realized.  I wound up being mostly bored and enlightened by only a few moments that didn't really pay off on the whole.

Meanwhile, I was greatly impressed by Nocturnal Animals considering how much I hated the novel.  As I suspected, Tom Ford got to the heart of the novel and rescued it from the weight of the uneven and awkward prose and narrative that completely obscured the plot as well as the metaphor.  Every decision Tom made on that film was for the best and the result was far greater than its source.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#12789th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 11:02pm

Yay Linus Sandgren- called this from the begining.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#12889th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 11:09pm

The best thing about Jackie was its score, by Mica Levi, who definitely deserves to join the tiny club of female Best Original Score winners. I'm guessing La La Land is unbeatable there, though.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#12989th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 11:10pm

That la la land performance was beautiful! It would definitely make for a great stage show

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Mister Matt
#13089th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 11:24pm

Beautiful Memorium.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#13189th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 11:26pm

Stunning Memoriam, agreed.

Mister Matt
#13289th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 11:34pm

THE AMY ADAMS CLEAVAGE IS SCARING ME.

BroadwayConcierge
#13389th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 11:39pm

Mister Matt said: "THE AMY ADAMS CLEAVAGE IS SCARING ME."

Hey, the woman was egregiously snubbed without a nomination this year. Let her pour out her boobs on screen all she wants.

Jay Lerner-Z
#13489th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 11:50pm

Best Director should still be the penultimate award. I don't like how it's been demoted in the running order.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Jay Lerner-Z
#13589th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 11:50pm

Double post, my bad.

Updated On: 2/26/17 at 11:50 PM

BroadwayConcierge
#13689th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/26/17 at 11:51pm

Congrats to Casey Affleck!

Call_me_jorge
#13789th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:02am

Not shocked by Emma's win, but I'm still upset. I loved casey's performance and am so happy for him!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jay Lerner-Z
#13889th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:12am

La La Land final tally - 7.

Th-th-th-that's all, folks.

G'night.

BroadwayConcierge
#13989th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:13am

What. The. Hell. Is. Happening???

Mister Matt
#14089th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:14am

HOLY CRAP!  What insanity.  Happy for Moonlight, but I wonder who's getting fired for that clusterf*ck.

Call_me_jorge
#14189th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:15am

The academy MESSED UP

Jay Lerner-Z
#14289th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:17am

Okay...so maybe th-th-th-that's not all!

La La Land final tally - 6.

Yay Moonlight!

BroadwayConcierge
#14389th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:18am

I cannot believe that all just unfolded on actual live television. Poor La La Land crew. I knew something was up when Marc Platt was speaking, and I saw Emma Stone mouth the words "Oh, God" or "Oh, wow" to somebody. Happy for Moonlight, I guess, but... wow.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#14489th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:18am

What the Fukc?

This is supposed to be a professional show.

Great- they just made Trump look good by comparison.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#14589th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:25am

Well....uhhhhh....that was awkward....

Call_me_jorge
#14689th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:25am

Great PR for la la Land though!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#14789th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:31am

Can we get Dunaway & Beatty to read the election results?

seriously i got this from somewhere

"The Moonlight people didn't get their moment of real elation. The La La Land people got humiliated."

Win/no win. and to borrow another film title:

There Will Be Blood.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#14889th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:35am

I don't understand why Beatty didn't say something when he saw the wrong card. Looks like Runaway looked at it, saw La La Land and ignored Best Actress. If it said Best Actress. Didn't see where the correct card came from.

Just give the world Love.

Call_me_jorge
#14989th Academy Awards Thread
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:38am

What is she even saying? https://twitter.com/tomilahren/status/836064032205451266

Videos