"NYC Prep" on Bravo

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#350re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:21am

I can only speak for myself, but I am fairly sure I was a fairly pretentious member of the counter-culture at 17 or 18. VERY wise about all that was wrong with the world. (Never mind that I was right about a lot of it...)

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#351re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:26am

hmm, well I don't remember myself that way. I don't relate to any of the people on the show. I'm from another time and another kind of life.

I'm not here to judge anyone who likes the kids-I'm just saying that the way these people are portrayed-well, I wish they'd show other sides of them that I'm sure exist.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#352re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:27am

I think most kids their age are aholes...just not with so much money.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

degrassifan
#353re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:28am

"Why are all these shows about the rich?"

I had the same question years ago. I asked my friend once "how come Super Sweet Sixteen only show rich teens?" Her reply was "Because no one wants to watch people having a cook-out in their backyard." My friend had a very good point. If this show was about regular NYC kids, I probably wouldn't be watching it. Just like the Real Housewives series. If it was about regular housewives going grocery shopping, doing laundry, etc then I'm not sure if people would watch.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#354re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:37am

Yeah, I hear ya, degrassifan. I was just thinking those thoughts-what really IS the purpose of this show? To let the viewers know what it's like to be a spoiled, entitled teen? And who would be their desired demographic? Other teens? Old folks like me? I don't know. I'm probably the only person who would rather see the folks having a cookout in their yard. We do that down the shore. re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#355re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/22/09 at 4:13pm

Gawker recap.

http://gawker.com/5320291/nyc-prep-dreams-are-wishes-the-heart-makes?autoplay=true?skyline=true&s=i

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#356re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/22/09 at 5:32pm

re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo

KFTC!!!!!

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#357re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/23/09 at 8:22am

PC and Baron Hilton??? hmmmmm.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07192009/gossip/pagesix/reality_bites_180118.htm

supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
#358re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/23/09 at 8:30am

Ha! Wouldn't it be funny if PC got cut off from the family money!

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#359re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/23/09 at 11:47am

How are people who don't have cable/satellite watching this show? Because the website doesn't have any episodes after Episode 2, and I'm really curious to see the rest! I have seen the bonus videos on the website, but I want to see some of these scenes people are talking about!

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#360re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/23/09 at 1:38pm

Schmerg, I've been shelling out $$$ on iTunes. It's infuriating...we have digital cable and get 500 channels, but they took Bravo away a couple months ago. I figured that even that one Maite episode was worth the $1.99/episode, though.

Bellichka Profile Photo
Bellichka
#361re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/23/09 at 9:43pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/gatecrasher/index.html

"Which allegedly bisexual hotel heir is getting it on with an N.Y.-based male reality TV star?"

Hmm. PC & Barron Hilton... the next gay power couple?

"50 Cent is fabulous!" - 50 Cent.

Updated On: 7/23/09 at 09:43 PM

Q
#362re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/24/09 at 4:55am

OK, I wanted to start a thread, and couldn't see a way to under the current configuration. Are we just supposed to 'give up and go home'?

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#363re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/28/09 at 5:53pm

Tonight's episode looks like it's going to be a party. And by party I mean more trivial drama because OMG NOES KAT SAT IN PC'S SEAT AT FASHION WEEK!

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#364re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/28/09 at 6:18pm

Damn, I'm gonna miss this show when it's over....

Perfectly Marvelous
#365re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/28/09 at 6:55pm

But at least you know the reunion episode is going to be a hoot. :)

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#366re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/28/09 at 9:02pm

OF COURSE Jessie got the job-BARF. Just because she's on T.V.

It looks like PC goes even more diva on this episode. Can't wait! Dahaha.

degrassifan
#367re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/28/09 at 10:01pm

I'm so glad Kelli put PC in his place!

I never thought I would say this, but Sebastian won major cool points from me multiple times (first at the fashion show, then on his dinner date)! He might be an a**, but he is pretty funny!

Perfectly Marvelous
#368re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/28/09 at 10:04pm

My mom thought Sebastian was kind of cute.

And oddly enough, he didn't bother me too much this episode.

What did concern me was PC's lack of respect towards Jessi. I mean, yeah, she DID probably land the job because of being on TV but that's no excuse for him to disregard her.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#369re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/29/09 at 12:19am

PC COME OUT. COME OUT.

dramadude2 Profile Photo
dramadude2
#370re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/29/09 at 12:22am

PC's awkward "Give me my seat back!" was priceless... priceless.

No one wants to see a musical called Thoroughly Modern Mildred.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#371re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/29/09 at 12:49am

I liked the sunglasses inside

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#372re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/29/09 at 7:43am

I DVR'ed this, but was falling asleep during the Last Rose while it was on. Or After the Final Rose. Whatever.

KFTC!!!!!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#373re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/29/09 at 9:04am

Well, I had dvr'd the show last night and just tried to watch it. I'm through after 10 minutes. I'm sorry fans, but the pretense is too much for me to look at.

I heard Jessie's comment that it's pathetic that she "supposedly" has more experience than the other applicants.

PC's constant pretend look of dissatisfaction behind his shades during the fashion show, his need to tell everyone the proper protocol, his need to tell his friends who dared to talk about the clothes that it's not all about the clothes (yes it is, dear), just the whole thing - it's sickening to me.

I'm done with this crap!

blueroses
#374re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/29/09 at 9:37am

I thought it was cute when Taylor freaked out about Amanda Bynes. It was the only part of the show that seemed like an authentic teenage moment.

Videos