"NYC Prep" on Bravo

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#75re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:39pm

The term is purposefully vague. Guys can inflate "making out" to impress people, girls can tone down "had sex" so no one thinks they're a slut. Either way, the chaste kiss we saw on camera was not hooking up by any definition.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#76re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:45pm

Richard Lawson's recap on Gawker is up. I think someone posted the first one earlier in the thread, but he's such a sick genius that they all deserve to be read. There were times when he was recapping the Real Housewives of New Jersey that I had to stop reading halfway through and go do something else because I was laughing so hard I couldn't see through the tears.

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.

misschung
#77re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:45pm

That was so old-school, I loved it.

Taylor looks demonic, I'm sorry. Jesse already looks like she's 40. Sebastian needs a Joe Francis style intervention to set his ass straight.

And PC's therapy session reminded me of Jonathan's taped therapy sessions on Blowout. They're so staged, and they are almost always edited to make the therapist seem like an overly accomodating doormat.

and lol to the Dawson's Creek style philosophies. That's so true!

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#78re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 4:52pm

I thought of Blow Out as well. At least PC didn't burst into tears.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#79re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 5:45pm

There were times when he was recapping the Real Housewives of New Jersey that I had to stop reading halfway through and go do something else because I was laughing so hard I couldn't see through the tears.

I loved his first episode recap - it was so terrifyingly accurate and snarky all at once.

Regarding Blow Out, I miss that show. I would take Jonathan yelling into his cellphone and kicking in a door any day over these kids.

Hopefully, Miami Social won't disappoint. (I'm seriously wondering what one has to do to get a Bravo show now, seems like everyone's got one...they should come up to Maine!)

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#80re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 6:03pm

I was literally crying with laughter reading this! He is beyond brilliant and I love him!

https://gawker.com/5305477/nyc-prep--embarrassment-of-the-riches

edit: I hope it's not true he's leaving at the end of July!!! re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"
Updated On: 7/1/09 at 06:03 PM

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#81re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 6:25pm

It is true, but he's still going to be recapping and writing, just over at TV.com. No need for alarm!

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#82re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 7:03pm

HAHAHAHA! That was BRILLIANT!

KFTC!!!!!

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#83re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 7:18pm

The recap of the therapy session was hilarious!

StockardFan
#84re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 7:40pm

I know!

KFTC!!!!!

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#85re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 7:43pm

Damn you people. I tried to resist, but now I'm hooked.

And the show has also ruin my love for Family. Sebastian totally looks like Kristy MacNichol when she was 12. Someone gave me season one for Christmas, and now I won't be able to watch it anymore.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Updated On: 7/1/09 at 07:43 PM

iflitifloat
#86re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:04pm

And wait, the chick with a googly eye and a lisp gets to be the queen bee? C'mon.

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#87re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:36pm

She looks like she sucked her thumb as a child and didn't have any orthodontia to fix her mouth.

And LOL Iflit!! He DOES look like Kristy McNichol! I thought Leif Garrett at first, but Kristy is a much better celebrity look-alike for him!

Updated On: 7/1/09 at 08:36 PM

StockardFan
#88re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/2/09 at 8:20am

I used to have a big crush on Jimmy McNichol.

KFTC!!!!!

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#89re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/2/09 at 8:31am

I see a little Sebastian in him, too...

re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo

blueroses
#90re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/2/09 at 9:38am

"And wait, the chick with a googly eye and a lisp gets to be the queen bee? C'mon."

The ugly, mean popular girl! Lizzie Grubman 2.0. People kiss her ass because of her money and connections.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#91re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/3/09 at 2:27pm

I feel like slapping some of them.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Select a Member Name Profile Photo
Select a Member Name
#92re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/3/09 at 2:30pm

I feel like slapping all of them.

"You have two kinds of shows on Broadway – revivals and the same kind of musicals over and over again, all spectacles. You get your tickets for The Lion King a year in advance, and essentially a family... pass on to their children the idea that that's what the theater is – a spectacular musical you see once a year, a stage version of a movie. It has nothing to do with theater at all. It has to do with seeing what is familiar.... I don't think the theatre will die per se, but it's never going to be what it was.... It's a tourist attraction." Stephen Sondheim

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#93re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/3/09 at 2:37pm

^that's really what I meant!

I just started watching this trash 30 minutes ago. The waiter brings a wine list to a 17 yr old?

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#94re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/3/09 at 2:41pm

I must be a masochist-I'm drowning in pretension!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#95re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/3/09 at 3:30pm

this will not end well....this will not end well....for any of these children...we are talking dana-plato-ville for these kids, including Rags McScattshanty.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

misschung
#96re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/3/09 at 4:23pm

Has anyone else seen the cast's fan pages on Facebook? They look like little figurines, it's hysterical.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

iflitifloat
#97re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/3/09 at 4:43pm

The one who freaks me out the most is Kelli...this 16 year old who is masochistically in love with Sebastian. She's a little girl looking for someone to love her in all the wrong places. And where is mom? Living out in the Hamptons. That kind of parental negligence should be illegal.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#98re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/3/09 at 5:00pm

also, am I mistaken or in the preview does PC come out as bi next week...rich boys always say they are bi until they are out of college....

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

misschung
#99re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/3/09 at 9:50pm

I can imagine that being true. He reminds me so much of someone I went to college with, who, shall we say, was not bi.

And yeah, Kelli is getting on my nerves. And what scares me is that I actually caught myself thinking, "whats with that annoying, little girl act?" before I realized that she IS just a little girl. They are all way too worldly for 15-year-olds, and in all the wrong ways!

Videos