Patronus
#225Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/10/13 at 11:48am

Amra-Faye Wright looks like Jane Lynch playing Velma from SPW in Dallas, Texas

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#226Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/18/13 at 8:43pm

Here is a video I found of Paige Davis Page performing as "Roxie" on the Today Show (2004?) (from her official website) She is talented...perky too. from RC in Austin, Texas
Paige Davis as Roxie

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#227Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/30/13 at 6:43pm

Another "Chicago" casting change. The newest "Roxie" understudy is Anne Horak. Apparently, Dylis Croman Minter is no longer with the show. She was awesomely talented. from RC in Austin,Texas

chicago cast

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 4/30/13 at 06:43 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#228Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/31/13 at 10:31pm

Ryan Lowe is guest co-host with Christine Pedi Saturday morning at Sirius XM Live on Broadway: The Dueling Divas. Also, they have a benefit show at 54 Below on Saturday evening. Those Chicago folks are going to be extremely busy (and tired) wth two shows and an evening benefit event. Wow. from RC in Austin, Texas

Patti LuPone FANatic
#229Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/14/13 at 11:08pm

This lady would make a fantastic "Velma" on Broadway. She is Anna Jane Casey. This video is from 2010. She sings, dances, taps, etc.
Anna Jane Casey

Patti LuPone FANatic
#230Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/23/13 at 3:52pm

Wow, a Russian Mama Morton! This should be very interesting! from RC in Austin, Texas
A Russian Mama Morton

Patti LuPone FANatic
#231Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/23/13 at 11:49pm

Both Amy Spanger (Roxie) and Amra Faye Wright (Velma) are slated to end their current lengthy run in "Chicago" on August 11th. It would be wonderful to have Bianca Marroquin once again in Chicago. For Roxie, my favorite Velma is Terra C MacLeod. Amra is obviously a very talented person....but it's high time that "Chicago" allow other equally talented ladies to work the role of Velma.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#232Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/23/13 at 11:51pm

Terra C MacLeod's Velma was one of the most amazing performances I have seen in my life.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Patti LuPone FANatic
#233Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/27/13 at 3:09pm

I'd like to comment a bit about the "Chicago" advertising. The newest adverstising style now includes a white background and the particular female performer. It does look rather nice. My criticism of the overall pictorial promotions for "Chicago" is that the adverstising totally ignores the Men of "Chicago". I believe that a significant portion of the "Chicago" fan base is comprised of gay men and straight women. Both groups, I think, would appreciate having a male presence in the "Chicago" advertising. You hardly see any "Chicago" guys in those huge displays in Times Square. The "Chicago" experience, I feel, is embodied in both the ladies and men who perform in the show. I feel that the producers are a bit out of touch in this regard. I even sent a Facebook message to Barry Weissler and mentioned my criticism. Needless to say, there was no response. I just thought I'd throw this out. from RC in Austin, Texas

Updated On: 7/27/13 at 03:09 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#234Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/29/13 at 10:02pm

I plan on seeing it in Houston and Austin. Last time I saw it in Houston was in June 2011. It's a nice place to visit......but.. from RC in Austin, Texas

Patti LuPone FANatic
#235Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/31/13 at 4:57pm

Congratulations to Miss Terra C MacLeod, for becoming a naturalized U.S. citizen today, per her Facebook page.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#236Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/31/13 at 6:00pm

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Here is Terra C MacLeod with her friend Jeremy Daniel (photographer extraordinaire). Congratulations on becoming a U.S. citizen.

DMC_Patinkin Profile Photo
DMC_Patinkin
#237Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/31/13 at 7:24pm

I've seen Chicago once on broadway and once outside of New York. It's one of my favourite shows ever. But while I love the obc soundtrack I have to mention the Chicago movie. In my opinion, at least singing wise, it's better than the obc soundtrack. I love the movie so much that I've seen it 8 times. Now usually I find movie versions of musicals inferior, but in this case I think that it is extremely well done. If there are Ny Theater purists who have refused to watch the movie adaptation, Do yourself a favour and watch it and listen to the soundtrack. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Let me be your star, now wouldn't that be lovely?

Patti LuPone FANatic
#238Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/31/13 at 8:20pm

I'm on the opposite. I think the vocals in the OBC (revival) are superior to the voices in the movie version. In the obcr, you have trained professional singers. In the movie version, you have pretty good actors, but not really professional singers for the most part. Renee Zellweiger and Richard Gere did the best they could. The actor who played Amos sang basically adequately. I do hope that there's a new Broadway recording when "Chicago" celebrates its 20th year on the Great White Way (keeping fingers crossed for that). In the meantime, I'm thrilled that the 2013-2014 national tour will be making two stops in Texas: Houston and Austin. In Austin, the venue will be the University of Texas at Austin Bass Concert Hall. This theatre has a huuumongous orchestra pit. Close to the end of the show, Roxie and Velma throw a few roses at the audience. They'll have to use a cannon to get those flowers across the pit to the orchestra audience. I can't wait. from RC in Austin, Texas

Patti LuPone FANatic
#239Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/3/13 at 9:53pm

I'm thinking that there's a very good chance that my favorite Velma will take part in the newest national tour of "Chicago", starting at the end of August 2013. It's possible that Tracey Shayne could wind up as "Roxie." from RC in the blue city of Austin in the red state of Texas

Patti LuPone FANatic
#240Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/6/13 at 2:26pm

Hey all. Terra C MacLeod will be joining the Broadway cast of "Chicago", as Velma, from Aug. 12-18. Afterwards, she'll prepare for the 2013-2014 national tour. No word yet as to who'll be Roxie in the tour. from RC in the blue city of Austin in the red state of Texas.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#241Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/6/13 at 3:03pm

Paige Davis will be doing a portion of the tour, as "Roxie". After that, I have no further information. Maybe they can get Bianca Marroquin. She's my favorite Roxie.

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#242Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/6/13 at 4:41pm

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#243Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/26/13 at 5:58pm

Ryan Silverman is set to join the company of "Chicago" as the newest Billy Flynn. He is on from August 30th--- October 26th. Also, Bianca Marroquin returns as Roxie once more, taking over from Paige Davis (who leaves on Aug. 28th to take part in the national tour). Great news all around!
Ryan and Bianca

Patti LuPone FANatic
#244Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 9/2/13 at 12:40pm

Patti LuPone FANatic
#245Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 9/2/13 at 12:42pm

Patti LuPone FANatic
#246Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 9/2/13 at 12:46pm

Patti LuPone FANatic
#247Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 9/2/13 at 12:48pm

Patti LuPone FANatic
#248Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 9/5/13 at 1:59pm

Thank you Michael Cusumano for having been part of the fantastic group of professionals in "Chicago", for the past 6 years. Wishing you the best for future endeavors. RC in Austin, Texas

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#249Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 9/6/13 at 12:22am

Did Michael leave the show?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Videos