pixeltracker

RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!- Page 12

RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#275re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 8:39am

Still on the biggest high this morning from seeing it last night. Slept like a baby and now I'm wearing my Rent shirt to celebrate! I'll be having a screening of the trailer during my free period at school! YAY!

Hip, hip, hooray one more time for IdreamofRENT!!!!

And I'd just like to be the first to say Happy Rent Tailer Day everyone!!!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#276re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 8:41am

I finally told myself to screw willpower and go watch the download of the trailer.

I EFFIN' LOVE IT!!!

Call me an obsessed fangirl, but I was crying. I was crying tears of utter joy! I'm soo very happy that this movie is being made and that it's the OBC and that it's actually real. I found myself singing along with SOL and crying like a baby. Thank god it's earlyish and the rest of my family is at work or asleep. Once again, I LOVE IT!!!

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#277re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 8:48am

I hear ya' incendiary_wit!
I just watched it agian in the middle of my classroom... no sound even... and now I'm crying again! lol. People already think I'm wierd so it's all good.

It's just so moving to see the various moments that we hold so dearly preserved forever on the movie screen.

I can't say it enough:
Three cheers for Chris Columbus!
Three cheers for Revolution Studios!
Three cheers for the OBC!
Three cheers for Rent!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

incendiary_wit
#278re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 8:53am

*repeats after TheActr97J*
Three cheers for Chris Columbus!
Three cheers for Revolution Studios!
Three cheers for the OBC!
Three cheers for Rent!

*dances like crazy and drags everyone to join her*

4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#279re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 9:07am

I finally saw the trailer last night. It played before Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith. I literally got goose bumps watching it.

Things really don't *get* to me that often, but this trailer did because "RENT" is a show that I've held dear to my heart for going on 10 years. I saw the original Off-Broadway production just before they made the big move to Broadway and I was fortunate enough to see it again once thy made the move uptown. I remember as if it were yesterday how much of an impact this show had on Broadway and theatre in general.

I didn't think it would get to me but sitting there watching the very same (save for two) people I saw almost ten years ago now performing the show's signature song and watching them in scenes from the film was surreal to say the least. It's finally come FULL CIRCLE. Jonathan's message, beautiful words and music will finally reach an even broader and wider audience than he ever imagined. And yes, I shed a tear. It was a very beautifully put together trailer. I even overheard some audience members comment that they didn't even know it was being made into a movie.

I canNOT wait until November. The song SOL sounds amazing! And doesn't Rosario look absolutely stunning! I love that brief clip from her "Out Tonight" scene! Amazing! Star Wars III paled alongside my excitement for RENT.

IdreamofRENT
#280re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:37am

Soooo I just woke up and I am still SO happy, hehe HAPPY RENT TRAILER DAY to all!!! I'm wearing my RENT shirt too!!! well must be getting ready for school...and watching the trailer haha bye everyone!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#281re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:40am

The thread with the link in it got removed. Rightfully so - very illegal. When the studio wants it online, they'll put it online.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#282re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:44am

Sorry guys, but Capn, didn't you post in that thread and watched it too? I remember reading that you were upset that you missed info about it last night. Why enjoy it then complain? Sorry if it was illegal, I was just sharing a link that had already been posted on the CB boards.

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

MATheaterLover
#283re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:48am

I totally agree that the illegal reproduction and distribution of copyrighted materials, such as feature-length films, music, etc, is wrong. But trailers are meant as promotional materials, NOT as commercial or artistic works. So lighten up, and enjoy it.

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#284re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:55am

I agree completely MATheaterLover. Since apparently I can't post it on here go to the CB website (www.compulsivebowlers.org) and look under the movie section. You should be able to find it there. How could posting a trailer hurt a film? It is promoting it, which is in fact the point of a trailer- right?

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.
Updated On: 5/31/05 at 10:55 AM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#285re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:11am

Enjoying the trailer is one thing, illegal activity is another. I'm not sorry about the trailer being online. However, the studios have millions in promotion for the film. THEY decide when we see it.

Yes, the purpose of a trailer is to promote. So, then, why hasn't it been posted on the official RENT website? Because they have a strategy. They DON'T want to promote it yet. Apparently, it would HURT them to have it online right now. The reasons may not be clear to me or you - but THEY are the experts.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#286re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:17am

So it was ok when you saw it but after that it needed to be deleted. Oh ok I get it...

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#287re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:18am

I think it's fair that the powers that be should decided when the trailer is online, but at the same time it's just a trailer. That said, we are sort of living in a "I want this when I want it and everything else be damned" sort of culture right now.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

alli2
#288re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:22am

snaps to whoever videotaped it!

i liked most of it.. but how Seasons of Love is done... I don't know, I'm just not really down with that. What would be good, and who knows, they may've down this in the movie, is if while panning down the line during SOL, they show clips of what's been happening since Xmas Eve and then right at the end, all of them getting to the building to break in. I mean, I don't know, Is that in the script? I just don't like how it looks if they're going to spend 2 and a half minutes panning up and down a line of people.

I'm sure it will be a hit, and not just because of all the Rentheads in the country, because, honestly, I don't think the numbers compare to the actually population of the country. Though I'm sure there will be those Rentheads that go sit in the theatres for 9 hours on end watching it over and over, haha.

Another thing, I'm not pointing out any one person, but why are people STILL saying, "oh my god! NOW I actually feel like it's happening!" When Chris Columbus obtained the rights, it wasn't happening then? When official casting news came out, it wasn't happening then? Or even if when you saw them filming on the streets of SF and NY, you didn't REALLY believe it was happening then? The website also didn't mean anything then. Why now that when the trailer is out does it REALLY hit you?

I don't know, as a Renthead for years upon years, I always knew this was coming; and I wasn't ever in denial of it. Why haven't the Rentheads of today prepared themselves the same way?
Updated On: 5/31/05 at 11:22 AM

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#289re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:24am

Alli2 I think it was one of those I can't believe this is really real. We all wanted to brace ourselves incase it fell through again. Its like a wonderful dream and you're scared that you will wake up and it will have never happened. I have been sure it would happen. But now we get a glimpse at the wonder of it. Here it is, "proof positive" that our dreams will be come a reality.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#290re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:24am

"So it was ok when you saw it but after that it needed to be deleted. Oh ok I get it..."

Not what I said at all. It was online already, damage done.

I am glad it was deleted in the thread - and it should have never been online yet in the first place.

It's NOT OK that I saw it - or that others saw it.

--Aristotle

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#291re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:25am

A reminder from the administration that posting about Bootlegs is a big no-no. When a trailer is available online legitimately, post the link as much as you want. Posting a link to someone's illegal home movie shot in a theater is not acceptable.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#292re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:28am

I apologize for that one Capn, it just seems a little unfair that you did get to see it and enjoy it and then it was yanked away from others. I live in the south-east/mid-west- not the most friendly territory for a film about homosexuality, AIDS, drag, etc...there is a fan base here, but we will probably be the last to get this trailer added to our preview list. Whats so wrong with sharing the love of RENT? As you said, its already out there, "damage" is already done. Its not like I videotaped the clip, I just found it and shared my discovery. If I had taped it, I promise the quality would have been better because I would have had a tripod and focused the thing alot better re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!! Anyways, I regret that comment directed towards you and I apologize- it was a bit snarky.

Craig- Got it..sorry! re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

Updated On: 5/31/05 at 11:28 AM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#293re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:30am

Sometimes a trailer is released in certain cities before others. However, there is a specific date already set for a trailer to have a "Wide" release, and an online release. So your town will get it the same time when most of the country does.

--Aristotle

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#294re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:34am

"As you said, its already out there, "damage" is already done. Its not like I videotaped the clip, I just found it and shared my discovery. "

That's a bad logic to use KelRel. It makes you an "accessory" to the "crime." It's "stolen" property and you knowingly took it and gave it to someone else. The fact that it's not a "physical" object doesn't make it any less of an issue. This is the very trouble that the film and music industries are facing right now. People don't see it as wrong...

I admire your enthusiasm for the film and show, nothing wrong with that.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#295re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:37am

Very well put.

The internet is still "new." The studios are campaigning with commercials and such to point out that sharing music and video unofficially online is ILLEGAL. They have to do this because a lot of people don't think it is wrong.

--Aristotle

incendiary_wit
#296re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:38am

I ask that you all go to my journal and tell me what a crazy girl I am and how I have too much time on my hands and that the fact I actually went to get my YAGMCB booklet to better re-write the lyrcis to fit the situation is closing in on white-jacket-time.

Or let me know if it's funny, 'cause sure as hell think it is'.

http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/tiger_in_a_cage/8178.html

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#297re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:39am

Agreed Craig, sorry I normally don't get this worked up over things, it just struck me badly that someone would view the clip, post about liking it and then freak out over it. If it had simply been said from the start that this is wrong remove it, I would have had no problem at all. I am completely against copyright infringment, but trailers never really struck me as something that fell into that range. As they are promo items. As said before- It won't happen again.

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#298re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:41am

incindiary_wit- That was brilliant. I am laughing really hard at that and people around me are giving me weird looks.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#299re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:46am

KelRel - I can see how you were mislead. I don't remember my comments on the other thread - however I do know I made a second reply about my thoughts on the campaign.

This teaser offered extremely little about the plot to the film. I bet the theatrical trailer will offer Song then dialogue segwaying into new song then dialogue segwaying into another song then voiceover segwaying into a final song to end it.

It's going to be interested to see how they promote the film. CHICAGO and PHANTOM were promoted as musicals. CHICAGO very flashy and PHANTOM very elegant and mysteriously.

With RENT, it's a touchy subject. Very debatable. And it's a different kind of musical. Contemporary. Now. Sony has to be delicate yet strong.

--Aristotle

Videos