RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#0RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/26/05 at 10:44pm

Read this post from someone on the "Rent" board from imdb.com. Posted 4 hours ago:

just so you all know, i work at amc...that's not the part you should all know, though, lol. we get trailer programming schedules for movies when we build them up the morning they get released and it says that we have to add "RENT" to all the "Star Wars" prints we have. i don't know if it's a teaser trailer yet, but i'll let you guys know tomorrow because that's when we have to add them. i'm sure it's like that at any theater, considering it's "STAR WARS"! (that was supposed to be a sarcastic star wars.)

.... Could this be? I don't even want to see Star Wars, but I might just go for the trailer! I'm calling the theaters near me tomorrow to see if this is true! IT MAY FINALLY BE HERE!!!! I'll DIE!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/26/05 at 10:44pm

I heard that this morning; I'm reluctant to believe just yet, only because I don't want to get my hopes up. Anybody's guess, I suppose.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

timote316
#2re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/26/05 at 10:46pm

Shucks, I guess that means I have to see Star Wars... for the third time lol

insomniak
#3re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/26/05 at 10:53pm

When is this supposed to happen?

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#4re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/26/05 at 10:53pm

Will it be national?

This is my signature.

BEKA531
#5re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/26/05 at 10:54pm

so, how long until a copy of this thing gets online? cause i don't feel like paying $9.50, seeing the trailer, then walking out.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#6re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/26/05 at 10:58pm

Another person who works at a different movie theater said on that board that Sony was sending the trailer today to put in front of the movie "Crash". I'm calling my local theaters tomorrow. Maybe some of my friends that work there could get me in just to see the trailer.

I think it may actually be happening! What a great start to a long weekend that would be!

-best12bars

-skibumb5290

timote316
#7re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/26/05 at 11:31pm

Crash? I've never even heard of it...

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#8re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/26/05 at 11:34pm

Timote316: It came out two weeks ago. It's directed by Paul Haggis (screenwriter of 'Million Dollar Baby') and stars Don Cheadle, Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, and Matt Dillon. From what I've heard it's supposed to be pretty good. If "Rent" is in front of it, maybe I'll give it a shot.

-best12bars

-skibumb5290

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#9re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/26/05 at 11:41pm

CRASH is a terrific independent movie, gritty, streetwise -- it would probably make more sense that RENT would be in front of that then STAR WARS.

That said, trailers differ from chain to chain and region to region. Before you spend 10 dollars just to see a 20 second teaser,you should double check with your theatre first to make sure its running...

If it is premiering this week, it will probably also be online in the next week or so.

Updated On: 5/26/05 at 11:41 PM

#10re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 12:22am

OMG...I have seen the trailer and it looks fantastic! There are so many cool scenes and it looks amazing to see so much of the show fully realized in the streets of NY. The full trailer is 2:30 minutes. It's so awesome!

AND NO, sorry can't make copies....I have a mortgage to pay and need my job! :)

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#11re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 3:24am

where'd you see it??

One Song Glory
#12re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 6:38am

Yea, tell us man!

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#13re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 11:18am

So any news on if this is for real or not?

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

Grabel
#14re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 11:27am

I know its real, the trailer goes out today. I heard this from a friend on set. Look for it in front of Star Wars and other movies. If you call the theater they will tell you what screen they have it on.

"only thing to do is jump!"

kas Profile Photo
kas
#15re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 11:28am

is there any way to put it online w/o spending a million dollars?

BwayTheatre11
#16re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 11:29am

The title makes it seem like one is out...

CCM '10!

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#17re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 12:00pm

I think I need to see this trailer as soon as ****ing possible.

*Passes out*

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#18re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 12:15pm

oh my this is exciting plus i am dying to see crash. Yay!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#19re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 12:17pm

When a trailer debuts, it usually appears online either the day before, or within two to three days after it appears in theatres.

Expect it online very soon.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#20re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 12:19pm

I just called two of our local theaters. The one said there was nobody working today that would know that, and the other siad it isn't on their list of new trailers... so I don't know. I'm going to keep calling theaters.

-best12bars

-skibumb5290

rentmovie1205
#21re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 12:21pm

Let us know if you find out what movie the trailer will be showed at.

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#22re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 12:29pm

I just called my local AMC theatre and they don't have it yet. Maybe it's not a nationwide distribution..?

rice and beans AND cheese
#23re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 12:49pm

Yay!! *dances around the room* I didn't see star wars yet, so I'll hopefully see the trailer!!! YAY!!

"It's a long story, althought it's kinda-of a short one." ~~ Wolfwood

JenD512
#24re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/27/05 at 1:03pm

Don't believe a thing you read on IMDB.

They rarely change trailers through a big run like 'Star Wars.' I saw it twice last weekend, and they showed the same trailers both times. I saw the other 2 prequels plenty of times, and they were still showing the same trailers in August that they showed during the midnight opening in May. Same thing happened with 'Lord of the Rings.'

I can't see them sticking it in front of Star Wars...it doesn't fit in with the Batman Begins/Fantastic Four/War of the Worlds/Stealth/Wedding Crashers/Mr. & Mrs. Smith combo they've got running now.

I'd check that official Rent blog--it's likely the first place you'd hear trailer news.

Videos