pixeltracker

Mike Pence Gets "Boo'd" at HAMILTON Tonight- Page 15

Mike Pence Gets "Boo'd" at HAMILTON Tonight

10086sunset
#350Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:32am

Forgive me if this has been discussed...Didn't see it when scrolling through the thread...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steven-van-zandt-tells-hamilton-to-apologize-to-mike-pence-w451539

Interesting take from someone who is an artist and not a Pence supporter...

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#351Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:34am

mar6411 said: "Dave 28282 is the former Dave19.  So he has a long history.  Always remember him from his Dave19 days - not as a new poster."

Yep, a history of not thinking in race ever. A history of the importance of equality so zero tolerance for 1 way streets.

broadwayguy91
#352Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:36am

10086sunset said: "Forgive me if this has been discussed...Didn't see it when scrolling through the thread...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steven-van-zandt-tells-hamilton-to-apologize-to-mike-pence-w451539

Interesting take from someone who is an artist and not a Pence supporter...

"

he's a white cis straight male. go figure.

aaaaaa15
#353Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:37am

Yes and interesting too is that Steve is a member of Bruce Springsteen's band who actually went to Hamilton yesterday with his wife, posting a message on Instagram about freedom of speech. So seems like Bruce disagrees with Steve there.

aaaaaa15
#354Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:38am

'Not thinking in race ever' must be nice!

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#355Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:38am

"When artists perform the venue becomes your home. The audience are your guests," Van Zandt continued. "It's taking unfair advantage of someone who thought they were a protected guest in your home… A guy comes to a Broadway show for a relaxing night out. Instead he gets a lecture from the stage! Not a level playing field. It's bullying. You don't single out an audience member and embarrass him from the stage. A terrible precedent to set."

"It was the most respectful, benign form of bullying ever. But bullying nonetheless. And by the way, human rights must be won, not asked for," Van Zandt said."

This.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#356Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:39am

aaaaaa15 said: "'Not thinking in race ever' must be nice!"

It's easy if you try......

cmassoud
#357Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:40am

Why is Pence entitled to a relaxing night out.

aaaaaa15
#358Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:43am

Dave28282 said: "aaaaaa15 said: "'Not thinking in race ever' must be nice!"

"

Oh I'm sure it is if you're white like yourself Dave.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#359Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:50am

dramamama611 said: "Can someone explain that text to me?"

Dmama -

MFW means "My face when . . . " usually in reference to an emoji that follows, but in this case a racist (my opinion) reference to the photo.  

MSM means "mainstream media" usually in reference to a source that disagrees with the poster.

indytallguy
#360Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 8:58am

I wish Pence had gone backstage and the cast could have shared this message with him there and he could have respond so a real dialogue would have taken place.

Or Pence had told about the statement in advance and given an opportunity to come to the stage and respond or a facilitated talkback (don't @ me about how this would never happen ... I can dream).

I live in Indiana. I can't stand Mike Pence. And I believe as many others have noted that what was said needed to be said and that the statement was very respectful.

But, I also believe that people have a right to respond when criticism is lobbed at them, particularly in such a public way.

We desperately need more dialogue and less monologue in our politics.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#361Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:00am

aaaaaa15 said: "Dave28282 said: "aaaaaa15 said: "'Not thinking in race ever' must be nice!"

"

Oh I'm sure it is if you're white like yourself Dave.

"

It's not about me. If I were black I wouldn't change the way I treat others either. Or call others "white" for that matter.

Updated On: 11/21/16 at 09:00 AM

broadwayguy91
#362Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:02am

indytallguy said: "I wish Pence had gone backstage and the cast could have shared this message with him there and he could have respond so a real dialogue would have taken place.

Or Pence had told about the statement in advance and given an opportunity to come to the stage and respond or a facilitated talkback (don't @ me about how this would never happen ... I can dream).

I live in Indiana. I can't stand Mike Pence. And I believe as many others have noted that what was said needed to be said and that the statement was very respectful.

But, I also believe that people have a right to respond when criticism is lobbed at them, particularly in such a public way.

We desperately need more dialogue and less monologue in our politics.
"

But he did respond to it. and he said he wasn't offended by the speech, nor the boos. The only people pressed are the brainless Trump supporters who will still be waiting in 2020 for the 25 million jobs that are never going to materialize. LOL.

aaaaaa15
#363Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:04am

Is white an insult Dave or is it a fact?

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#364Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:05am

aaaaaa15 said: "Is white an insult Dave or is it a fact?

"

It's irrelevant. I wish to be seen as a person. Any opinion I have is formed by much more than my skin color. Any opinion I have about someone else is formed by other things than their skin color.

Updated On: 11/21/16 at 09:05 AM

aaaaaa15
#365Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:08am

You are seen as a person. A white person. That wont go away until you manage to erase history, society, culture and context. Good luck.

romain2
#366Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:16am

A member of the E Street Band should be the last artist to tell another artist they cannot speak out politically. Has he been sleeping during all of those Springsteen concerts?  Pence was bullied? Give me a break. The Trump candidacy is not a normal candidacy. Trump this weekend in an attempt to divert from his fraud case settlement is going after people in the arts and entertainment field. And that's a troubling sign.

Updated On: 11/21/16 at 09:16 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#367Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:19am

Rumpelstiltskin said: "dramamama611 said: "Can someone explain that text to me?"

Dmama -

MFW means "My face when . . . " usually in reference to an emoji that follows, but in this case a racist (my opinion) reference to the photo.  

MSM means "mainstream media" usually in reference to a source that disagrees with the poster.

"

Thanks, that helped....a little.  It seems out of context, whoever.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#368Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:26am

kdogg36 said: "Petralicious said: "I wonder what the reaction would be if the Hamilton cast had lectured Obama The same way about his drone killings in the Middle East"

It's a bit late for that now, but I would have been thrilled. The silence from the left on that issue has been stunning.  

"Kudos to you KDOGG, on both points.  Your point about the stunning silence is made very crystal clear here on this thread as everyone else ignored it. 

When They Go Low, I Go High

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#369Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:44am

aaaaaa15 said: "You are seen as a person. A white person. That wont go away until you manage to erase history, society, culture and context. Good luck.

"

Every comment you make today is history tomorrow. Every person is more than a color. That will only change in culture if we act like it.

aaaaaa15
#370Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:58am

Okay Dave. Going to go listen to some rap now because I'm brainwashed. Have fun pretending race doesn't exist.

cmassoud
#371Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 10:02am

Petralicious said: "kdogg36 said: "Petralicious said: "I wonder what the reaction would be if the Hamilton cast had lectured Obama The same way about his drone killings in the Middle East"

It's a bit late for that now, but I would have been thrilled. The silence from the left on that issue has been stunning.  

"Kudos to you KDOGG, on both points.  Your point about the stunning silence is made very crystal clear here on this thread as everyone else ignored it. 

"

It was probably ignored because it wasn't a good point?

There have been many things done by the Obama administration that I don't approve of. They don't hold a candle to what Trump/Pence have said they want to do. If Obama had attended a show and they had done the same thing to him about, what, not closing guantanamo like he promised? I would have thought, 'that's off topic but yeah I agree.' Them speaking to Pence was speaking about how directly affects THEM, which is... quite different...

This thing republicans do where they try to act like Trump is no worse and comparable to democrats is ludicrous and hilarious.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#372Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 10:06am

Let's start by no more calling people by their color first. In my opinion the base of racism and what's keeping it intact. Some people seem to be fond of doing it 24/7.

Then realize that respect and equality is a matter of earning it, living like it, instead of asking for it. Show equality, get equality in return. We are people, nothing more, nothing less.

And last but not least. I too wonder where the speeches towards Obama were about his drone killings in the middle east. Seems to me that the focus is not on all people here. Very selective. So, less double agenda in your own advantage and again, less thinking in color.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#373Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 10:09am

cmassoud said: "Petralicious said: "kdogg36 said: "Petralicious said: "I wonder what the reaction would be if the Hamilton cast had lectured Obama The same way about his drone killings in the Middle East"

"

There have been many things done by the Obama administration that I don't approve of. They don't hold a candle to what Trump/Pence have said they want to do. If Obama had attended a show and they had done the same thing to him about, what, not closing guantanamo like he promised? I would have thought, 'that's off topic but yeah I agree.' Them speaking to Pence was speaking about how directly affects THEM, which is... quite different...

This thing republicans do where they try to act like Trump is no worse and comparable to democrats is ludicrous and hilarious.

"Let me understand this.  Saying naughty words, even disgusting words is worse than killing over 100 innocent babies in the Middle East, according to the UN. 

When They Go Low, I Go High

cmassoud
#374Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/21/16 at 10:10am

Petralicious said: "cmassoud said: "Petralicious said: "kdogg36 said: "Petralicious said: "I wonder what the reaction would be if the Hamilton cast had lectured Obama The same way about his drone killings in the Middle East"

"

"Let me understand this.  Saying naughty words, even disgusting words is worse than killing over 100 innocent babies in the Middle East, according to the UN. 

"

Are you actually unaware of what Trump wants to do or no?

Videos