pixeltracker

Unpopular opinions you hold- Page 16

Unpopular opinions you hold

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#375Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/7/13 at 4:49pm

The Evita revival was beautiful and should still be running.

I loved the Carrie revival.

Rock of Ages wasn't as bad of a show as I thought it would be (But the audience members make me want to do illegal things).

Stephanie J. Block deserves a Tony. Maybe not for Drood, but she's amazing.

Next to Normal deserved Best Musical.

I enjoyed the Annie revival.

Russell Crowe's acting made up for his alright singing.

MusicalTheatreNerd Profile Photo
MusicalTheatreNerd
#376Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/7/13 at 4:52pm

I agree with quite a lot of that. However, I personally think that Russel Crowe's singing was robotic, but in tune (but I didn't enjoy it) but his acting was only ok... But I LOVED rock of ages

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#377Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/7/13 at 4:59pm

I love Smash. One of my favorite television shows.
The Carrie revival was simply fantastic!!
I enjoyed Gerard Butler's performance in Phantom and Russell Crowe's in Les Mis.
Memphis is a fun little night in the theater.
I actually am excited for the Scandalous cast album. Not that great a show, but the music was fun and the performances great.
I had no interest in Priscilla, then saw it and had truly one the best times in the theater. Cats is a good show if you get over the fact that there is no book.
I enjoyed Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.
I'm still waiting on that Chess revival.

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#378Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/7/13 at 8:52pm

"Cats is a good show if you get over the fact that there is no book."

This so much.

Bernadette Peters looked 9000 times better with straight blonde hair and it really drives me insane how everyone makes such a big deal over her hair right now... it's not even natural!

"Nice is different than good."

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#379Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/7/13 at 10:38pm

If I had to pick one, I would vote for 1776 as the great American musical

b-way obsessed
#380Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/8/13 at 9:07am

-I Miss the Mountains is my least favorite song from Next to Normal
-Loved 9 to 5 and Legally Blonde, but hated Bring it On and West Side Story
-Spiderman is the worst musical on Broadway and have nooo idea how it sells the way it does, you couldn't pay me to see it again
-I enjoyed Mystery of Edwin Drood, but thought the songs were just fillers for the show, did not enjoy them at all

Updated On: 3/8/13 at 09:07 AM

rorschach37
#381Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/9/13 at 11:39am

I enjoyed Spider-Man and absolutely LOATHE Wicked.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#382Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/9/13 at 12:50pm

I found the first 15 minutes of Matilda a lot of fun but then got terribly bored.
I was given the CD. Can't listen to it without cringing.
I don't get Phantom of the Opera at all. WTF?

michellek45
#383Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/9/13 at 3:12pm

Shenandoah is legitimately one of the best musicals ever made: strong songs, strong book, strong characters. It's got it's moments of comedy and tragedy, and the journey of Papa Anderson is one of the most compelling character arcs I've ever seen. This musical deserves more love and a revival.

djdan1079
#384Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/9/13 at 8:35pm

Leap of Faith, despite a predictable book, was a completely fun evening of theatre.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#385Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 10:58am

Cats is one of the best musicals of all time.

ALW is my favorite composer.

Lea Michelle has one of the greatest voices of this generation and she NEEDS to play Elphaba in the upcoming Wicked Film.

Phantom and Les Mis are two of my favorite musicals.

I hate Sunday in the park

The Les Mis film is my favorite movie.

I loove the Phatom, Rent, Sweeney, and Nine films. Specially Nine.

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#386Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 11:02am

CATS should still be running.

all that jazz
#387Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 12:22pm

^AMEN!!!

all that jazz
#388Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 4:00pm

Showchoirguy, I completely agree with you on Evita.
I loved it.

I actually think Nathan Lane deserved an Oscar for the birdcage.

DealingwithDivas Profile Photo
DealingwithDivas
#389Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 5:04pm

I agree!

Also (don;t throw tomatoes), I just don;t get the Sutton Foster love. Yes she can sing and dance but there just isn't any star quality there JMHO.

Oh I was never a RENT fan either.

I've worked with ALW -- he's an ass -- but a talented ass.

MusicalBoy Profile Photo
MusicalBoy
#390Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 5:12pm

Hating Lea Michele isn't really an unpopular opinion here...

Also, I prefer The Birdcage to La Cage.

TheGingerBreadMan
#391Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 5:13pm

It is not an unpopular opinion on this board. It is an unpopular opinion in general.

all that jazz
#392Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 5:25pm

Dealingwithdivas, please do tell about your experience with ALW!!! I think I would freeze in his presence.

America should have an official knighting system so we could make Lea a Dame. Dame Lea rules!!!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#393Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 5:25pm

In general, no one cares one way or another about her. (Sure, she has her fan girls & boys, but she doesn't have a huge following.)

And many that have worked with her feel that way, too.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611
#394Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 6:00pm

All that Jazz -- can I ask your age? Just as a point of reference to your perspective.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

DealingwithDivas Profile Photo
DealingwithDivas
#395Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 6:01pm

Long story, short answer: Ironically this wasn't on one of his shows. I worked for the President at Capitol Records when ALW was writing his classical LP, Requiem. My boss hated talking to him so whenever "Really Useful Company calling" I got to have the conversations. Before REQUIEM was released, ALW had a listening party with his close friends at the Capitol studios. I was there as were: Sarah Brightman, Cameron McIntosh, Gillian, Trevor Nunn...get the picture? A who's who of the theatre world! At this time the big show was CATS so I was in awe of the director, producer and choreographer being there. Anway, REQUIEM won the Grammy and ALW was on the phone before dawn wanting to know what the hell we were going to do to promote his album. Ruthless! It hadn't even been 8 hours since the award had been announced on national TV! but I have to give him props for surrounding himself with talented people. Personally I think all his best work was with Tim Rice. PHANTOM was just a figment of his imagination at this time.

ETA: I had actually met McIntosh 2 years earlier when I was in a show he produced. Small world.
Updated On: 3/10/13 at 06:01 PM

TheGingerBreadMan
#396Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 6:02pm

Liza had loads of talent when she was younger. But now she's excruciatingly painful to listen to.

dramamama611
#397Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 6:09pm

Talent doesn't go away. The woman in nearly 70, life will take it's toll.

TheGingerBreadMan
#398Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 6:15pm

Some say talent doesn't go away, but I find her very pleasing to listen to on some of her earlier recording, but now she wants to make me punch something really hard. She doesn't even have a vibrato - her version of vibrato is "ha-ha-ha-ha" as in "some people ain't me-he-he-he-he-he"

dramamama611
#399Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/10/13 at 6:19pm

Is punching REALLY how you deal with life? Its not the first time you've said this.

Let me know when you are 70 if your body reacts and functions the way it does now. Heck, tell me that when you are 50.

Videos