pixeltracker

VOTE! The Musical (Tickets on sale!)- Page 2

VOTE! The Musical (Tickets on sale!)

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#25re: VOTE! The Musical (Update/Exciting News!)
Posted: 7/11/09 at 1:56am

Hanks has been "in the mix" for the role for awhile. While she wasn't formally offered it until Wednesday, she was widely known (publicly and privately) to be the creative team's leading choice for quite some time.

We'll see how she does when required to flex her muscle beyond the stereotypical niche she's carved out for herself thus far.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#26re: VOTE! The Musical (Update/Exciting News!)
Posted: 7/11/09 at 5:45am

What I find about Vote though (I am a mega-fan, been following the show from early on), is that there is a bit of fluff, but it's pretty smart fluff. It's filled with stereotypes, but behind it all the characters are real. Even Muffin is wise by the end.

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#27re: VOTE! The Musical (Update/Exciting News!)
Posted: 7/11/09 at 6:58am

from the comments here about the show, I don't really see how this is going to show Baily in ANY different light then we've already seen her. Truly.

I haven't personally seen her live, so I'm just basing that on what I know of the two roles she has played (and I know both roles well).

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

squeakyfromme82 Profile Photo
squeakyfromme82
#28re: VOTE! The Musical (Update/Exciting News!)
Posted: 7/11/09 at 7:56am

i could be wrong, but what I've gathered from people's comments (Which matches my own opinion) is that the "new side of Bailey" we'll see in this show is a side that hasn't really been made famous by someone else on TV. She'll have to develop a role that hasn't been filmed in it's entirety. which i think will be good for her!

toddlisatyriem Profile Photo
toddlisatyriem
#29re: VOTE! The Musical (Update/Exciting News!)
Posted: 7/11/09 at 3:18pm

I'm pretty excited about seeing where she takes this character since it is pretty much hers to create with the team.

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#30re: VOTE! The Musical (Update/Exciting News!)
Posted: 7/11/09 at 3:27pm

I'm also excited to see how she handles the role. I'm also VERY excited to see how VOTE! turns out because they are underscoring the whole show and adding dance/movement.
Also, it may be campy, but it packs a punch, so I don't know if I would consider if fluff, campy? yes. It's basically a cartoon musical.

Also, the music player is up and working!

Pianolin717
#31re: VOTE! The Musical (Bailey Announced!)
Posted: 7/13/09 at 1:14pm

bump! Bailey has been announced as Muffin! Congrats to her and the whole cast! (btw, I can't stop looking at the website... nice job!)

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#32re: VOTE! The Musical (Bailey Announced!)
Posted: 7/13/09 at 1:27pm

I was kinda crossing my fingers for a while hoping that Haviland would come over from LA for this production and play Muffin yet again.

I loved her version of Your Next President. I just re watched for the umpteenth time the episode of The Vote Show where Haviland did the music video for Your Next President and after watching that I am not sure how Muffin is going to be a role that is going to break the stereotype for Hanks at all. If anything it is just going to add fuel to the fire.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

squeakyfromme82 Profile Photo
squeakyfromme82
#33re: VOTE! The Musical (Bailey Announced!)
Posted: 7/13/09 at 1:33pm

oh man I love Haviland!! She's a producer on it!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#34re: VOTE! The Musical (Bailey Announced!)
Posted: 7/13/09 at 2:16pm

All this hoopla over a 5 performance run? Am I missing something?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#35re: VOTE! The Musical (Bailey Announced!)
Posted: 7/13/09 at 2:24pm

adamgreer, I think that it's just that there are people like myself who have followed this show either through the music on the myspace music page that they have or from various readings etc or their youtube call The Vote Show, I think that people are just happy that they are going to get a chance to see a production of it in New York City.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#36re: VOTE! The Musical (Bailey Announced!)
Posted: 7/13/09 at 3:05pm

I'm more excited for the new stuff (changes, rewrites, new numbers, the whole new 'cartoon' musical concept etc.)

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

Pianolin717
#37re: VOTE! The Musical (Bailey Announced!)
Posted: 7/13/09 at 6:30pm

It also has extension possibilities depending on how well it sells. Yes, it is five performances, but it's more of the fact, like winston said, that this is VOTE!'s big break and Ryann and Steven are finally going to be recognized for their outstanding work!

toddlisatyriem Profile Photo
toddlisatyriem
#38re: VOTE! The Musical (Bailey Announced!)
Posted: 7/13/09 at 9:19pm

This maybe just a five performance run, but it feels like this is the little musical that could.... fresh, young, new talent. It would be great if Vote could be the next Urinetown....

Pianolin717
#39re: VOTE! The Musical (Tickets on sale!)
Posted: 7/24/09 at 12:59am

Just a reminder, tickets are now on sale :)

tickets!

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#40re: VOTE! The Musical (Tickets on sale!)
Posted: 7/24/09 at 3:09am

just bought mine!

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

Tuna2night
#41re: VOTE! The Musical (Tickets on sale!)
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:38am

The cast of Vote! will be doing a video blog to promote the show

Check out episode 1 featuring Spring Awakening's Morgan Karr.

I heard he has a great voice.
Vote a New Musical Blog- Episode 1

dexter3
#42re: VOTE! The Musical (Tickets on sale!)
Posted: 8/1/09 at 7:20pm

I hope something happen's for them....sometime's show go to the fringe and just die there....

steven and ryann are smart amazing people and I wish them the best in this!

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#43re: VOTE! The Musical (Tickets on sale!)
Posted: 8/1/09 at 10:15pm

woah. morgan karr. calm down. lol

Videos