My thoughts on 9 TO 5

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#25re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:20am

Or the audience expects multi-million dollar sets and wooden headpieces every time they go to a show.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#26re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:22am

"I find it hard to believe that everybody hates wicked when its been selling out for 6 years."

Also, many people on BWW tend to not like more commercialized productions such as Wicked, so the hate here doesn't always represent what the majority of tourists think. So don't find it hard to believe that people here dislike it.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

broadwaydiva410
#27re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:23am

Alright stop being an ass, just because people on this board hate wicked does not mean that you have to go around thinking that the fans of wicked on here are fangirls, and fanatics. Yea it's fine to not like it, but our just being childish and immature.

millie_dillmount
#28re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:24am

What? Who was that addressed to?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 8/12/09 at 01:24 AM

broadwaydiva410
#29re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:26am

What I am trying to say is that if you all hate the show then why do you criticize the people that actually like it. Everytime I see someone mention something good about wicked, half of you put it out as a joke, and act so immature, it's pretty hard to believe that grown people would actually act like that.

ashley0139
#30re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:28am

Yeah, be on the board for more than an hour and a half and maybe you'll get it.

Gosh, I love when the newbies come in and try to change everyone with their poorly written posts. Like we haven't heard it a million times before.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#31re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:30am

diva, who was that aimed at? not millie right?

Wicked is very sucessful is because it is commercial, it appeals to a wide array of people.

And backwoodsbarbie, that is correct, for some people. I mean I saw wicked on vacation and along with being in a community production, I got very interested in broadway.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#32re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:30am

"Yea it's fine to not like it, but our just being childish and immature."

Not as childish as Schwartz's lyrics. ZING!

broadwaydiva410
#33re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:31am

okay first of all you were a newbie once so don't even start acting like high school kids and start calling me a newbie, because I know what's going around here. Two, I've been on this board so many times, FYI: you don't need an account to view the Broadway World Board.

millie_dillmount
#34re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:33am

"What I am trying to say is that if you all hate the show then why do you criticize the people that actually like it. Everytime I see someone mention something good about wicked, half of you put it out as a joke, and act so immature, it's pretty hard to believe that grown people would actually act like that."

I find it funny how people lurk on the boards and then join just to complain about something that we've been through a million times on this board.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#35re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:34am

Updated On: 8/12/09 at 01:34 AM

millie_dillmount
#36re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:35am

Yeah, she was a newbie once, but made much more substantial posts that didn't whine about the problems on the board.

broadwaydiva410
#37re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:35am

I actually had a different account.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#38re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:36am

Yeah I wouldn't recommend starting a bitch fight on your first day with an account.

I'd wait 'til year two or three and really come out swinging.

And most of us didn't have message boards and google when we were "newbies". We had these things called books. I hear they used to be all the rage.

millie_dillmount
#39re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:36am

Was it backwoodsbarbie?

I thought you can't have multiple accounts on this board...

Updated On: 8/12/09 at 01:36 AM

broadwaydiva410
#40re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:38am

Then if you're older than me how come you can't act mature instead of acting like a kid.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#41re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:38am

different e-mails, different accounts.

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#42re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:39am

Haha you guys are funny.....wow how off topic we have gotten? Just wait until we get started on a show that I really dislike and I will start spouting off my feelings like Alice Ripley at the TONYs

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#43re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:39am

You can if you have multiple ip addresses.

Oddly enough the kids can figure out how to create seventeen accounts but still can't figure out that Wicked sucks.

millie_dillmount
#44re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:40am

Yeah, even so I thought you couldn't have multiple accounts under the same IP. But, yeah, if you have a different IP. Oh well, not my responsibility.

Anyways, back to the original topic...?

Updated On: 8/12/09 at 01:40 AM

broadwaydiva410
#45re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:40am

Okay I'm making this clear that it's a different person

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#46re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:42am

When do the children go back to school?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#47re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:42am

And how are you doing that sweetie?

ashley0139
#48re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:43am

It's too bad those things called books have fallen out of style. They taught us things like grammar and punctuation. Something some people are sorely missing.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

broadwaydiva410
#49re: My thoughts on 9 TO 5
Posted: 8/12/09 at 1:45am

Wow I wonder why grown ups like you guys would taunt people younger than you?

Videos