pixeltracker

Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal- Page 2

Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#25Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 10:43am

I was there as well. I thought the occasion brought out the best in everyone - it was a totally committed show. Brian was of course great but Jessica Phillips blew me away. Her voice is beautiful,yes, but she brought a kind of wry restraint to the role that made it all so much more poignant and heartbreaking. A wonderful performance.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#26Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 11:18am

Jessica > Alice (Feel free to attack, but I stand by it.)

Good to hear some positive feedback about Brian! I'm hoping to go back soon. I wish I could go this week while Jessica is in, but that won't be happening.

Bwaynerd Profile Photo
Bwaynerd
#27Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 12:20pm

i so happy he's back!

"(in a sweedish accent) Oh! What a lovely T-shirt you are wearing!"- Catherine Zeta-Jones refering to my ALNM shirt at the CD signing. Say NO to drugs and YES to Jackie Hoffman Live At Joes Pub! "ITS THE DAY OF THE SHOW YA'LL!!"-Bwaynerd

Lexie27
#28Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 2:30pm

I can't wait to see BDJ! I wish I had been there last night to see JP as well b/c I've always seen Alice. I'm glad Alice is taking a break this week. I absolutely ADORE her but I was at Bobby's last show on Sunday night and you could tell she was kind of struggling. Her acting was fantastic and more than made up for the vocals but she definitely needs a break.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#29Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 3:00pm

Jessica > Alice (Feel free to attack, but I stand by it.)

AGREED!!! The thing I love most about her, other than her fabulous voice, is that she's more subtle about the craziness.

It was so great seeing Brian again. He was fantastic and I really loved him with Jessica. I remember Sondheim_Geek saying they were hoping for one Jessica/ Brian show love that we get 7 more! It was a great show.
Updated On: 5/18/10 at 03:00 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#30Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 3:02pm

Is Jessica supposed to be on Sunday night May 23?

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#31Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 3:10pm

Yes, she is.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#32Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 3:24pm

This will be my 6th time seeing N2N and I've been praying that Alice would call out! I love Alice but am dying to see Jessica as Diana!

DefyGravity777
#33Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 4:41pm

I'm seeing it on Sunday night also with a newbie who has no clue what the show is about.

I agree with whomever said that Jessica is better than Alice. I will even say Jessica is way better than Alice IMO.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#34Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 6:00pm

Will be there Thurs !! :))

invisiblegirl Profile Photo
invisiblegirl
#35Brian d'Arcy James Return to Next to Normal
Posted: 5/18/10 at 6:08pm

I'm also seeing it Sunday night with a newbie (my mom)! I've been so careful about keeping spoiler-free around her... I can't wait to see her reaction to the show. If Jessica's on I'll be really happy - I love Alice but I've seen her twice and I'd like to see a new take on the role. Also really excited to see BDJ! And it will be cool to know some other BWW-ers are in the theatre :)

Videos