pixeltracker

The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread- Page 2

The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#25The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread
Posted: 8/6/11 at 2:29pm

It's on sale through December 31 right now, but I think that's just because Ticketmaster hasn't put 2012 dates on sale yet. I remember hearing that the run was going to play into January, at least.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#26The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread
Posted: 8/6/11 at 3:43pm

Anyone think we'll get a new Broadway cast recording of this? I'd really love to see it happen with this cast and the size of the orchestra!

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#27The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread
Posted: 8/6/11 at 3:51pm

I've heard rumors from very "in the know" people that a recording was being planned even before they announced it for Broadway, but that was back in May. Things could have changed.

kc2 Profile Photo
kc2
#28The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread
Posted: 8/7/11 at 5:56am

Thanks AC. I saw they were selling through Dec but was/am hoping it goes through Jan as I would love to see Porgy & Bess also. Given the distance & therefore cost I have to choose one or the other if it closes before P&B opens.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#29The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread
Posted: 8/7/11 at 3:13pm

Bump. Who's at the first preview?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#30The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread
Posted: 8/7/11 at 3:24pm

A picture of Derek McLane's set would be greatly appreciated!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#31The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread
Posted: 8/7/11 at 7:56pm

The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread

This is the pre-show set up from KenCen

Videos