Taboo

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Gothampc
#26What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 12:12pm

City of Angels
Once On This Island
Two Gentlemen From Verona

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

gabrieljwickedone Profile Photo
gabrieljwickedone
#27What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 2:17pm

The Music Man with Kelli O'Hara or Sierra Boggess

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#28What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 2:48pm

TAKE ME ALONG
starring Nathan Lane & Daniel Radcliffe

LITTLE ME
starring Jim Carrey

THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG
starring Jim Parsons and Sutton Foster

DO-RE-MI
starring Nathan Lane & Andrea Martin

INTO THE WOODS
The Baker - Brent Spiner
Baker's Wife - Sutton Foster
The Witch - Donna Murphy

ONCE UPON A MATTRESS
Starring Leslie Kritzer and Carol Burnett

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
Frank - Colin Donnell
Charlie - John Tartaglia
Mary - Leslie Kritzer

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#29What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 2:57pm

I was thinking about Take Me Along, but it would need serious revisions. The first of which would be to open the show with Sid's arrival.

I like the idea of Do Re Mi (not with Nathan Lane), but can they at least change the title?

And I'm reluctant to list City of Angels because I have difficulty imagining the show with anything other than the original staging.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

emida Profile Photo
emida
#30What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 4:07pm

My Fair Lady

And I'd love for the London production of Crazy For You to transfer to Broadway!

madlibrarian
#31What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 9:01pm

Triumph of Love.

NoHSMisNotAMusical
#32What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 9:54pm

I know Crazy for You isn't going to be on Broadway anytime soon (Stupid Nice Work!) but I want a revival so bad.

Call me crazy, but would anyone else like a revival of Guys and Dolls with Sutton as Sarah and Cheno as Adelaide?

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#33What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 10:01pm

I'd love to see Sunset Boulevard and Once On This Island. Spider Woman would be fabulous with Catherine Zeta-Jones, maybe Naya Rivera in 5-10 years once Glee is over.

Also, Smash had made me really want a big budget My Fair Lady revival!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

gabrieljwickedone Profile Photo
gabrieljwickedone
#34What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 10:23pm

I agree about Guys and Dolls.

Marc Kudisch? as Nathan Detroit
Kristin Chenoweth as Miss Adelaide
Harry Connick, Jr. as Sky Masterson
Sutton Foster as Sarah Brown

sephyr
#35What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 10:47pm

Once upon This Mattress
A New Brain
Chess (w/ revised book)
City of Angels

beautywickedlover
#36What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/23/12 at 11:08pm

Beauty and the Beast
My Fair Lady
The Sound of Music
Into the Woods (If the Central Park production is a success and very well-received)
Hairspray (Maybe in a couple a years)

emida Profile Photo
emida
#37What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/24/12 at 7:22pm

Kristin Chenoweth as Adelaide? GENIUS!

But I doubt a Guys and Dolls revival will come anytime soon... the last one was just a couple of years ago, but I'm all for a revival with a great cast this time.

and I would trade Nice Work for Crazy For You anyday... even without having seen it (Nice Work). I just adore Crazy For You!

She Loves Me could also be a good idea for a revival.

Rainbow High2 Profile Photo
Rainbow High2
#38What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/24/12 at 9:53pm

Miss Saigon

Sunset Boulevard

Les Mis (even though I know it may be too soon...but still!)

Sweeney Todd with Michael Ball should come to Broadway. That would be great :)

justoldbill Profile Photo
justoldbill
#39What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/24/12 at 10:00pm

FOLLIES. There never has been a really good revival.....

Well-well-well-what-do-you-think-of-that-I-have-nothing-here-to-pay-my-train-fare-with-only-large-bills-fives-and-sevens....

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#40What Musicals should be revived?
Posted: 2/24/12 at 11:46pm

Seconding BroadwayTravis' vote for Whistle Down the Wind, though of course you can count on me to vote for anything involving Jim Steinman. What Musicals should be revived?

People give Whistle a bad rap, but that's partly because it's only the uneven '96 D.C. and '07 touring versions that America has seen. The version that emerged late in the run at the Aldwych Theater in London following minor revisions is the best version of the show. I'm not going to claim that Whistle is perfect, mind you, but the Aldwych version works, and I agree with Hal Prince (who directed it in its original D.C. run):

"...it had validity. I also never imagined that it could be a critical success, and that doesn't always matter. The original reviews of The Sound of Music, another musical about children, were terrible, and besides, no one really remembers what the original reviews of a hit show are. I knew that Whistle Down the Wind would likely be labeled as 'sentimental,' as The Sound of Music had been, and correctly so, but I also felt it had a potentially irresistible quality. Going in, I felt it had all the ingredients to become a popular success, and I still think it would have been infernally popular."

(Quote from Foster Hirsch's Harold Prince and the American Musical Theatre.)

It just needs the right cast, and a better director than Bill Kenwright, whose national tour was criticized for its "rudimentary" staging by several critics.

(Brief casting note: In all honesty, I am quite surprised that Ted Neeley was never approached for The Man [the show's Christ-like figure], considering he's been playing Jesus for the better part of 40 years and seeking darker parts for longer, and this role straddles the line between both. It would have been a great comeback, well within his vocal range given his advancing years, and Webber could have gotten a nice publicity angle, to say nothing of a built-in Tedhead fan base, out of involving Neeley. He's who I would cast were I to produce it.)

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

Videos