juggles
#25End Of The Rainbow iTunes album!
Posted: 3/19/12 at 8:47am

Updated On: 3/19/12 at 08:47 AM

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#26End Of The Rainbow iTunes album!
Posted: 3/19/12 at 10:44am

I saw her play Betty in the Petula tour of Sunset- she was probably the only thing I liked about that version of the show.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#27End Of The Rainbow
Posted: 3/19/12 at 10:52am

Sarah Uriarte Berry is such a talented lady. I saw her in LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA. She needs to be featured in a show not understudying in this one. But hey, lady's got eat, huh?

Updated On: 3/19/12 at 10:52 AM

smallworld Profile Photo
smallworld
#28End Of The Rainbow
Posted: 3/19/12 at 11:09am

I hope Sarah gets go to on as Judy, but I too have heard that Tracie's attendance is stellar. I have no idea how she does it - after seeing the show in Minneapolis, I was completely taken away by how incredible Tracie was.

cviolett Profile Photo
cviolett
#29End Of The Rainbow
Posted: 3/20/12 at 12:57pm

Saw the first preview, got rush tickets about an hour and a half before curtain and was in the sixth row of the Mezz, which was pretty full and the orchestra looked full as well.
As for the show, WOW! Bennett is just a powerhouse and very captivating. You could hear people catching their breath from crying at the end of both the first and second acts. What an emotional rollercoaster it must be for Bennett, who really traverses the hills and valleys of Judy Garland, and she really does it beautifully.
Even though it was a first preview and we still have so many productions to open before Tony Noms are given out, I feel like she's a shoe-in. Michael Cumpsty is wonderful as Anthony, her accompanist.
The one off thing about the show, I felt, was Tom Pelphrey. There was something very stiff and robotic about his line delivery and I really wanted to see him fight with himself and then realize his own defeat over giving Judy pills to get her back on stage. I don't really know much about Deans as a person, so perhaps Pelphrey is giving us a very honest characterization of Mickey Deans and I'm just ignorant as to who he was in real life.
All in all, this is a performance not to be missed!

www.christopherviolett.com www.twitter.com/ChristopherViVi

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#30End Of The Rainbow
Posted: 3/20/12 at 1:01pm

Tracie Bennett he seems to be a pretty indestructible performer; given that this is probably going to have a fairly limited run, I think its unlikely Sarah Uriarte will actually go on, but it would certainly be fascinating to see if she does.

juggles
#31End Of The Rainbow
Posted: 3/20/12 at 1:23pm

the run is till Sept.

cviolette...I think Tom Pelphrey's role is a difficult one and we are never quite sure if he really loves Judy or not. It was played the same way in the West End so he is more than likely getting the role spot on as to how the director wants it played. The director is an award winner too.

AHTC
#32End Of The Rainbow
Posted: 3/20/12 at 8:41pm

I have been excited for this and Tracie Bennett's performance for a while, and can't wait to see it. That said, I am a HUGE fan of Berry's (her work in Piazza should have been Tony nominated, I think), and would be thrilled to see what she does. If anyone ever hears of dates or walks by and sees her name on the board...shout it from the rooftops, please!

Videos