News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for smallworld

smallworld Profile Photo
Member Name: smallworld
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Mar 23 2023, 09:06:04 PM

gibsons2 said: "Bad Cinderella's gorgeous, luscious stage sets and costumes can be compared to Moulin Rouge and Phantom. Nothing cheap about them."

I sincerely hope you're kidding. The sets look like they're made of cardboard and literally shook as they moved, as if they were about to collapse. The costumes looked like they were bought off of the clearance rack at the Party City that's closing on 34th Street. 

Josh Groban out sick tonight  Mar 16 2023, 09:48:31 PM

Nicholas Christopher is giving the performance of a lifetime. I am stunned. If you have the opportunity to see him, don't miss it. Truly a wonderful night here. 

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR 50th Anniversary Tour  Feb 21 2023, 07:12:09 PM

I absolutely loved this when I saw it in October. I truly believe that the gritty edge that it had, combined with phenomenal, raw vocals is how Superstar should be done. I am looking forward to catching the tour again this weekend. 

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?  Dec 19 2022, 10:32:16 PM

KitKatBoy24 said: "How are people listening to this?! I couldn’t find clips on Twitter. Is it only in the UK?"

It leaked out in a few stores in the UK and it's been uploaded online to certain sites. 

What is the lowlight of your theatre going experiences?  Sep 15 2022, 06:35:19 PM

Regional: Blood Brothers. The cast gave it their all, but it was the absolute worst piece of theatre I have ever seen. The music is atrocious, repetitive and annoying - and the show itself is a snooze fest. I will never understand how this gained as much popularity as it did back when it premiered overseas.

National Tour: Dear Evan Hansen. I have zero idea how the show got as popular as it did. The lead character is irredeemable in my mind, and the show itself is an absolute bore. I st

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Sep 6 2022, 10:17:29 PM

Where did "I'd Rather Be Blue" end up? I'm really hoping to catch her next time I'm in NY. 

Lea Michele to Star as Fanny Brice in FUNNY GIRL starting 9/6  Aug 28 2022, 07:43:33 AM

I finally saw this last night. Julie Benko, Jeremiah James, and Liz McCartney were absolutely wonderful. The entire cast was. That being said, the set was atrocious and I the book (especially in act two) dragged and dragged. I don't know if I'm in the minority here or not, but I think I would've rather seen the show performed as originally written without the additions of "Temporary Arrangement" and "Funny Girl". The staging was also puzzling - and I'm puzz

INTO THE WOODS Previews  Jul 1 2022, 10:26:36 PM

I'm just hoping for some sort of extension. I'll be in NYC the week after it closes. 

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022  Jun 21 2022, 09:11:45 PM

I am devastated. I had tickets for the end of August and was really looking forward to it. I'm glad to hear it's touring, though.

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  Apr 30 2022, 09:21:05 AM

After hearing a snippet, it solidified my decision to choose Benko over the other option. I cannot wait for August.

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 25 2022, 06:07:33 PM

It should've been Christina Bianco this entire time, and I'll die on that hill. 

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 24 2022, 08:08:08 PM

According to Adam Feldman on Twitter, there's an embargo on reviews until 10pm.

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  Apr 23 2022, 01:56:57 PM

Traveling to NYC in August to see her. After hearing the other option, I decided that I'd rather see someone else. I'm hopeful that Julie is great! 

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 7 2020, 06:41:24 PM

Blood Brothers. I saw it regionally and although the cast did their best, it was a steaming pile of crap.

We Will Rock You Tour  Nov 17 2019, 12:50:15 PM
I saw it a couple of months ago. Trevor Coll (Galileo) and Kerri Kelly (Scaramouche) are beyond fantastic - definitely two names to watch out for. The show is kind of a dud, but it is fun. See it if you can. The vocals are worth the price of admission alone.
Love Never Dies tour  Feb 7 2019, 08:40:39 PM
I actually love this show. I've loved it since the original production in London and seeing the tour was a beautiful experience. I'd love to see it in NY.
What is the best Stage Performance You Have Ever Seen?  Nov 5 2018, 08:42:05 PM
Euan Morton in HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH

Best understudy you've ever seen?  Nov 4 2018, 05:24:53 PM
Emily Koch as Jenna in Waitress

Kelly McIntyre as Janis Joplin

...JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE Discussion Thread  Apr 2 2018, 07:21:15 PM

I've needed some time to process this one. Here's my full, blunt review. No sugar coating.

I found it to be a mixed bag. Sarah Bareilles was fantastic, as expected. Erik Gronwall was the highlight of the evening for me as Simon Zealotes - he should have been playing Judas with that amount of talent. The orchestra was also incredible. I really enjoyed the ensemble and how the audience played into the show -  it worked. Alice Cooper was a delight as King Herod, and I lov

What Broadway Musical do you think could thrive with a John Doyle-esque revival?  Dec 8 2017, 09:18:34 PM

MATA HARI. It never had a fair chance.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You