pixeltracker

Some "Cock" reviews coming in.- Page 2

Some "Cock" reviews coming in.

willep
#25Some
Posted: 5/18/12 at 11:40pm

^Oof. The sounds like an uncomfortable way to take in this Cock.

breathyfemalevocal
#26Some
Posted: 5/19/12 at 12:57am

Plesae help with a seating question. In terms of the staging for this play, does its focus lean more to stage left, more to stage right, or does it point head first toward the center of the theater?

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#27Some
Posted: 5/21/12 at 4:52pm

Cock has been used as a euphemism for the penis and someone who wins fights since at least the thirteenth century.

The playwright, the sophomores and those in this thread are not being puerile so much as embracing their cultural heritage.

After Eight
#28Some
Posted: 5/21/12 at 10:19pm

^

More of a vulgarism than a euphemism.

And how does being puerile represent embracing a "cultural heritage?" In a child, it's trying; in an adult, it's embarrassing.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#29Some
Posted: 5/21/12 at 10:33pm

You need to loosen up, I hear a night of Cock does the trick.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 5/21/12 at 10:33 PM

Zachmanroolz
#30Some
Posted: 5/29/12 at 2:46am

All innuendos set aside, I really enjoyed this show.

Videos