pixeltracker

Book Of Mormon National Tour! - Page 2

Book Of Mormon National Tour!

florida theatre kid Profile Photo
florida theatre kid
#25Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/15/12 at 8:32pm

I've seen of some of the cast's Twitters that tonight is another preview. Anyone know when the official opening night is?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#26Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/15/12 at 8:49pm

Nice that they are doing it in the Ellie. It feels more intimate than the Buell.

Just give the world Love.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#27Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/15/12 at 9:51pm

Gavin Creel said in this interview on a Denver PBS station that it's the 19th: http://blip.tv/infocustv/in-focus-with-eden-lane-444-the-book-of-mormon-trey-parker-and-matt-stone-6302583

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#28Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/17/12 at 12:55pm

I thought Chicago was a done deal for a open run.

If it is for 3 months, they can either:

Advertise hard and rely on strong press reviews and extend, at the moment they are just relying on strong word of mouth from New York.

or

Convert this to the second national tour and go on the road to support the 1st national tour.

JohnyBroadway
#29Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/17/12 at 12:57pm

The Chicago production is already billed as the second national tour.

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#30Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/17/12 at 1:00pm

Okay, didn't know that, was it once confirmed as a sit down?

BWJohnson
#31Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/17/12 at 1:36pm

Is there really no reviews yet? (I know it is still in previews), but I thought there would be people who have seen the show posting their own personal reviews!

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#32Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/17/12 at 2:13pm

I really hope we get to see this out here during the second leg of the tour.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

JohnyBroadway
#34Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/20/12 at 11:05pm

Here's the curtain call!

BOM tour curtain call!

JohnyBroadway
Singer-Moves Poorly
#36Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/25/12 at 10:58am

I live in Chicago (seeing the show on January 30) and I'm pretty sure I never heard it referred to as a sit down. They did just announce a three-month extension. I don't know where the talk of slow ticket sales comes from. I got my ticket at least three months ago -- Maybe even more. At that time there weren't many decent orchestra seats left. Apparently the demand was high enough in order to warrant the extension.

Has there been any casting news for this production yet?

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#37Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/25/12 at 11:05am

In literally every report I’ve seen about Chicago, it’s been referred to as its own, sit-down production presented by Broadway in Chicago, a la Wicked. It is its own entity.

Nobody’s referring to the 2 month tour stop in LA as the “sit-down Los Angeles production” are they?

Singer-Moves Poorly
#38Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/25/12 at 12:38pm

Sorry, I guess I stand corrected. It was originally only a three-month booking which led me to believe that it was a tour, so that would have made it only one more month than the two-month L.A. tour stop. But I guess it would stand to reason that three more months couldn't be tacked onto a "tour". My mistake.

But I'd still like to know if there's any casting news.

LizzieCurry
#39Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/26/12 at 3:18am

Nothing that hasn't already been mentioned: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?page=1&boardname=bway&thread=1049162

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#40Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 8/26/12 at 8:14am

This is seriously devastating to me, those effing prices for decent seats, especially when you're a picky mofo like me and consider only the first 8 rows to be in any way "decent"!

I have religiously stuck to getting seats within the first eight since I began attending live performances back in the early 90s. I've always been able to obtain them one way or another, with a last resort including some splurging.

I never thought I'd find it painful to purchase tickets to something I've long been passionate about, have planned whole trips around, and have spent a considerable amount of time and energy contributing to its fan communities.

I am sorry, but at $190 per seat--and not even in the center orchestra--this is a problem that splurging won't solve this time. Not if I must do that for every show that comes here or I plan to attend on Broadway.

It isn't right what they're doing. There's something so not right about it, making theatre as inaccessible as it is these days. Infuriating, really.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

MikeInTheDistrict Profile Photo
MikeInTheDistrict
#41Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 2/28/13 at 10:07pm

Has anyone else in D.C. tried buying tickets for the tour? I have never seen anything like this. I knew there was going to be huge demand, but I wasn't expecting to basically be unable to log into the website (or get through on the phone) for over six hours yesterday. Has this happened at any of the other stops of the tour? From what I've heard, the tour has sold very well in other cities, but nothing of concert-ticket proportions where the seats seem to disappear in a matter of hours (and end up on scalper websites).

And this is just the pre-sale for Kennedy Center members. I can't imagine what will happen when tickets go on sale to the general public.

'Book of Mormon' Kills Kennedy Center Website Updated On: 2/28/13 at 10:07 PM

LizzieCurry
#42Book Of Mormon National Tour!
Posted: 2/28/13 at 10:10pm

Things were a big mess the day tickets went on sale for San Francisco, but it doesn't sound like it was nearly as bad as in DC.

Videos