pixeltracker

So...who's winning the Actress Tony categories ?- Page 2

So...who's winning the Actress Tony categories ?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#25So...who's winning the Actress Tony categories ?
Posted: 4/27/13 at 1:55pm

I'm surprised to see Victoria Clark being completely left out. If the show gets an acting award, I wouldn't be surprised if it went to her.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#26So...who's winning the Actress Tony categories ?
Posted: 4/27/13 at 2:07pm

Has Laurie Metcalf's astonishing performance in The Other Place been completely forgotten by now?

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#27So...who's winning the Actress Tony categories ?
Posted: 4/27/13 at 3:01pm

Kristine Nielsen's performance isn't just about the monologue. Part of the reason that the monologue works so well is because over the preceding scenes, she's created a person who's full of contradictions but whom we understand and care about. The monologue wouldn't be nearly as effective if it hadn't been for her unshowy but wonderful work before then.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#28So...who's winning the Actress Tony categories ?
Posted: 4/27/13 at 3:10pm

Agreed. The monologue has so much impact because it catches us off guard, just like it catches the character off guard. So lovely and simple and real, and in contrast with the wackiness and lovable oddities in the first act. Truly one of the most magical moments on Broadway right now.

bigbelterbaby
#29So...who's winning the Actress Tony categories ?
Posted: 4/28/13 at 3:59am

Laurie is not forgotten and she was recognized by the Drama League ...but she missed out at Outer Critics with Amy Morton getting a nod....going back and forth who will make it in.

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

bigbelterbaby
#30So...who's winning the Actress Tony categories ?
Posted: 4/29/13 at 3:13pm

updated..

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

Videos