pixeltracker

Will Julie Andrews EVER return to the Broadway stage- Page 2

Will Julie Andrews EVER return to the Broadway stage

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#25Will Julie Andrews EVER return to the Broadway stage
Posted: 7/6/18 at 4:09am

Maybe she can take over for Lauren Ambrose on Sundays. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

The Other One
#26Will Julie Andrews EVER return to the Broadway stage
Posted: 7/6/18 at 5:33am

"Maybe she can take over for Lauren Ambrose on Sundays."

She might consider taking over for Diana Rigg, although the idea of her taking over for anybody seems far-fetched.

Julie made the decision to leave Broadway for Hollywood when she was still very young.  She only returned, thirty years later, because her husband wanted to produce a musical and needed her name to get it off the ground.  She did it for him, and it resulted in her voice being damaged.  The surgery she elected to have to repair the damage had disastrous results.  As noted above, she can no longer sing and her speaking voice is raspy.  Plus, she is 82 years old.  

I doubt she even wants to take on Broadway at this point.

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#27Will Julie Andrews EVER return to the Broadway stage
Posted: 7/6/18 at 9:19am

The Other One; you're correct regarding V/V.
She only agreed to it because she didn't want to disappoint her husband.
In addition; when the 1976 revival of MFL was in discussion and after being asked to recreate her role, she said she was only interested in a commitment of 10 weeks or so.
Apparently even at that time returning to B'way wasn't a huge priority.

Brian07663NJ
#28Will Julie Andrews EVER return to the Broadway stage
Posted: 7/6/18 at 9:20am

Ethan22 said: "To do eight shows a week at 61 is difficult to say the least."

No wonder why she was never considered as a replacement for either Bette or Bernadette!

Having had the opportunity to me Ms Andrews on several occasions each under different circumstances it is merely polite to state that she is no Maria Von Trapp OR Mary Poppins. She is an absolutely unpleasant woman to her fans. I would not be interested in furthering her bank account via theater tickets, CDs, DVDs or books.

Updated On: 7/6/18 at 09:20 AM

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#29Will Julie Andrews EVER return to the Broadway stage
Posted: 7/6/18 at 9:47am

I'd love to see her in a play. If Three Tall Women extended with her replacing Glenda Jackson... we know that would sell tickets. Not that that's close to feasible.

Videos