pixeltracker

WTH is PlayStation Theater!?- Page 2

WTH is PlayStation Theater!?

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#25WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 4/26/16 at 11:35pm

I get my mail at a UPS Store on Broadway - is that ok??? Should they be performing a song and dance for me every time I walk in to pick up a package?

Updated On: 4/26/16 at 11:35 PM

brdway411
#26WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 4/27/16 at 12:03am

PThespian said: "Wasn't it even a movie theatre at some point?"

It started as a movie theater then converted to a concert venue. 

Hamish3
#27WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:26am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Why is even on BROADWAY if it is only a venue for pop star concerts? Waste of space?

"

It sure is

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#28WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 4/27/16 at 10:20am

If you are familiar with Broadway history, this venue and the type of entertainment it houses is not unusual in the least.  Just like the movie theatres.  Broadway has ALWAYS been more than just plays and musicals.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#29WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 4/27/16 at 12:57pm

Mister Matt said: "If you are familiar with Broadway history, this venue and the type of entertainment it houses is not unusual in the least.  Just like the movie theatres.  Broadway has ALWAYS been more than just plays and musicals.

"

Right. You are talking about Broadway history while this theater is not even considered a Broadway theater.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#30WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 4/27/16 at 12:58pm

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that "Broadway" means "theatre" exclusively.

I think. I'm honestly not sure what mistaken impression you're under.
"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 4/27/16 at 12:58 PM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#31WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:03pm

Probably puberty.

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#32WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:07pm

Kad said: "You seem to be under the mistaken impression that "Broadway" means "theatre" exclusively.

I think. I'm honestly not sure what mistaken impression you're under. "

On the Wikipedia page: "Broadway theatre, theatrical productions produced in one of forty professional theatres located around Broadway in Manhattan, New York"

and BroadwayNYC2: personal attack is unnecessary, unless if that's what you mean by puberty. 

jimmycurry01
#33WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:55pm

Here is the simple answer to your question.

No, it is not a waste of space. There is no reason not to have a concert venue on Broadway or Times Square. There are many tourists with varying tastes in entertainment. PlayStation Theater is just one of the many alternatives to musical theatre or plays that Times Square has to offer. Why not have an easily accessible concert venue for tourists to that area?

So no, it is not a waste of space.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#34WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 5/4/16 at 11:11am

Broadway history spans much longer than the distinction of theatres deemed Broadway houses.  Broadway has been home to all forms of entertainment (as well as many other things) for over 100 years.  Live theatres have been repurposed for movie houses and back again.  There are Off-Broafway houses on Broafwsy.  And restaurants and shops.  Hell, remember the Times Square Church?  There is no reason why a concert venue should not exist.  There is more reason to believe it is entirely at home on Broadway.  

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

10086sunset
#35WTH is PlayStation Theater!?i
Posted: 5/4/16 at 11:39am

brdway411 said: "PThespian said: "Wasn't it even a movie theatre at some point?"

It started as a movie theater then converted to a concert venue. 

"

Believe the name of the theater was the Astor Plaza. It was the largest single screen theater at the time..

Videos